PDA

View Full Version : Level Control System Sensor

kwtrev
November 4th, 2009, 18:41
I got a level control system sensor warning light (after having the DRC done - any relation). The light, a headlight icon with up and down arrows, is somehow related to the angle of the car relative to level, I think. Anyone had this problem? Fixes, prices, workarounds, etc? Thanks.

BTW, I, too, got the song-and-dance about the DRC "settling". The service manager was, expectedly adamant about the Audi service center's insistance that it will indeed settle. When that didn't fly, he said the new DRC setup naturally sits higher than old one. All done by computer of course.

Anybody confirm or comment on that?

LIRS6
November 4th, 2009, 19:47
I got a level control system sensor warning light (after having the DRC done - any relation). The light, a headlight icon with up and down arrows, is somehow related to the angle of the car relative to level, I think. Anyone had this problem? Fixes, prices, workarounds, etc? Thanks.

Wild guess that maybe the tech did not re-connect the sensors in the rear?

hahnmgh63
November 4th, 2009, 21:15
And if he did re-connect the sensor arm to the control arm there is a VAG calibration that can be done with Vagcom if you have the program after clearing the fault code.

kwtrev
November 4th, 2009, 21:38
I did VAGCOM before bringing it in, which is why I knew what is was. The tech did mention they did the calibration, but it came back after clearing it (immediately). Just got it back today.

VAGCOM says 'short to positive', so its probably defective, my guess.

hahnmgh63
November 4th, 2009, 22:06
Sounds like the tech must have been a little hard on the sensor hinge arm if it just happen to show up after having your DRC done. See if you can get them to pay for it as parts & labor are probably fairly cheap for it.

Shoppinit
November 5th, 2009, 16:21
The arm can swing back the opposite way. This will cause that error.

Should look like this at the front:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1348/dscn1635a.jpg