PDA

View Full Version : Got the car back from DRC recall and other repairs

terrytcl
November 2nd, 2009, 17:08
Continental Audi finished up the DRC work as well as other stuff... and the RS6 feels like a different vehicle.

found out during the initial inspection that I had a leak in a pressure hose for the transmission. It had a hairline crack, which caused slight transmission oil to leak out. I told them about the slipping transmission when I brought the rs6 in and they inspected it after replacing the part. apprently, it's not a common part and took 6 days to get it straight from germany. as a result, the car now shifts perfectly. no hesitation and no searching for gears. i think the lack of pressure was causing my initial problems.

anyways, they fixed all of the bad control arms (upper and lower) with the DRC fix... the car is tight as can be...

:jlol::jlol:

DHall1
November 2nd, 2009, 17:14
That is great news.

I would say for the Chicago area folks....Continental Audi is the place to go for warranty work. Thanks to Mark and his car for making sure the techs keep up on RS6 repairs. :eye:

mmaturo
November 2nd, 2009, 17:25
I do what i can. my is humming along for 3 months though now so knock on wood as i'm off in no warranty land. Glad they got your car set up right Terry. I see you joined me with another set of full control arms...it amazes me how this car eats the bushings.

gregoryindiana
November 2nd, 2009, 23:03
Going to Naperville tomorrow to pick up mine. DRC recall done, both rear wheel bearings replaced (right rear was bad), transmission "lifetime" fluid replaced and screen/filter replaced, along with new pan gasket. Plus the usual annual maintenance. I'm happy it wasn't the rear diff that was making all that noise!

I concur that it is nice that quite a few of us are keeping the RS6 experts at Continental "up to speed". I don't know how many Chicago area RS6s there are, but it sounds like quite a few are serviced there.