PDA

View Full Version : <DFW> Cars & Coffee Pix

SAFE4NOW
October 31st, 2009, 18:34
There were a number of various Audi's that showed up for the last C&C event this year.

Over 600 cars were counted this event! Here area couple of Audis in attendance ( Rs4, Rs6, S8, TT, A6 4.2 )

Steve

RS6-4dr911
October 31st, 2009, 18:39
Still got the Taxi motif going, huh? Pickin' up any extra mod $ that way?

DuckWingDuck
October 31st, 2009, 18:40
love your yellow cab rs6, just awesome

Spidercat
November 1st, 2009, 00:18
Any rubbing issues? (with the wheels, not the girls ;) )
What suspension setup do you have, BTW?

SAFE4NOW
November 1st, 2009, 02:34
Still got the Taxi motif going, huh? Pickin' up any extra mod $ that way?

Ya know, first time, this past week, I was dropping a client off at Enterprise rental car, as he was getting out, another guy jumps in and tells me where he needs to go.

Had to be pretty funny for him, because I know my expression was funny.

I laughed and told him I was not a cab, he looked at me like I was on crack, told him again. Then I asked what he drove ( 750iL ) , so I took him a few blocks away and gave him my business card...

I got a kick out of it, he still tried to pay me.. LOL

so, yes, until the Audi, Texas State meet in Jan 2010, the stickers are staying on.

Steve

Steve

SAFE4NOW
November 1st, 2009, 02:36
Any rubbing issues? (with the wheels, not the girls ;) )
What suspension setup do you have, BTW?

None so far, I keep dropping it another turn each week, no rubbing concerns, but the camber is changing alot, as the inside edges of the front tires would indicate... LOL

I have the Stasis-Ohlin set up w/ Hot. rear sway bar in place.

Steve

SAFE4NOW
November 1st, 2009, 02:37
love your yellow cab rs6, just awesome

Thank you.

I had a guy at the event today tell me he saw " another " yellow audi cab in the mid-cities last week.

I assured him it was me... I would bet there's not another like mine around these parts.

Steve

DuckWingDuck
November 1st, 2009, 03:03
you want to keep an eye out on that negative camber. My broke ass DRC combined with 160+ speed resulted in my er... "misfortune"

http://pictures.twilightstar.net/d/21337-3/IMG_0540.JPG

RS6-4dr911
November 1st, 2009, 03:50
Ya know, first time, this past week, I was dropping a client off at Enterprise rental car, as he was getting out, another guy jumps in and tells me where he needs to go.

I laughed and told him I was not a cab, he looked at me like I was on crack, told him again. Then I asked what he drove ( 750iL ) , so I took him a few blocks away and gave him my business card...

Steve

I don't care who ya are, now that's funny rite there.

RS6-4dr911
November 1st, 2009, 03:51
you want to keep an eye out on that negative camber. My broke ass DRC combined with 160+ speed resulted in my er... "misfortune"

http://pictures.twilightstar.net/d/21337-3/IMG_0540.JPG

I still say watch the toe-in more than the camber. And what hose is that that's draggin' the ground? That don't look rite.

DuckWingDuck
November 1st, 2009, 16:40
ya, that was part of what happened when the inner third of the tire shredded. It was a major repair and there was quite a bit of damage

AUDI5000CSTQ
November 2nd, 2009, 03:19
DWD, Is this an old or new photo?

SAF
November 2nd, 2009, 06:31

so, yes, until the Audi, Texas State meet in Jan 2010, the stickers are staying on.

Steve

Steve

I don't care who ya are, now that's funny rite there.

Huge agreement here! I'm tellin' that tale!

DuckWingDuck
November 2nd, 2009, 06:32
old. my accident happened last spring.

http://pictures.twilightstar.net/v/greg/RS6/tyre/

the rs6 with its engine/transmission out wasn't mine btw.

RS6-4dr911
November 2nd, 2009, 23:48
None so far, I keep dropping it another turn each week, no rubbing concerns, but the camber is changing alot, as the inside edges of the front tires would indicate... LOL

I have the Stasis-Ohlin set up w/ Hot. rear sway bar in place.

Steve

Don't forget - as you drop you're also changing toe-in. Even more destructive than camber on tires.

ben916
November 3rd, 2009, 05:15

<cough!!!!! wtf="" duck!?!?!?!?="">cough! COUGH!?!?!? wtf duck?!?!
<cough! cough!!!="" wtf="" duck!!!???="">
160+ !!! ???

The original post stated 120+ (don't make me find it...) Highway 10....</cough!></cough!!!!!>

DuckWingDuck
November 3rd, 2009, 19:12
pfft, I get 120 going down Culver getting onto the freeway.

The part where my tire blew out is on the 261 on the back stretch (coming down the mountain) before it rejoins the 91. Just on that downhill alone I've logged anywhere from the 140s to 160s. I'm fairly certain I hit the legendary 'feathery' limiter.

DuckWingDuck
November 3rd, 2009, 19:17
btw ben, got your message, will ring when I get back into town this weekend

RS6-4dr911
November 3rd, 2009, 20:28
pfft, I get 120 going down Culver getting onto the freeway.

The part where my tire blew out is on the 261 on the back stretch (coming down the mountain) before it rejoins the 91. Just on that downhill alone I've logged anywhere from the 140s to 160s. I'm fairly certain I hit the legendary 'feathery' limiter.

The "backstretch" ?? :lovl: Do you number the turns also? What do you use for braking markers? What's the official start/finish line?

I've wondered about the limiter as well, I've pulled strongly up to 150-155 and it seems like its still pulling but I usually run into traffic at that point so I've never been sure. Guess I need to find my own "backstretch" and push a little harder.

DHall1
November 3rd, 2009, 20:31
^^ Glad your safe after running into traffic at 150mph.

We must have have safe cars to make it out alive at those speeds.

:incar:

RS6-4dr911
November 3rd, 2009, 20:37
^^ Glad your safe after running into traffic at 150mph.

We must have have safe cars to make it out alive at those speeds.

:incar:

I said I was fast, not good.

Smartass.