PDA

View Full Version : New owner with questions

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 01:34
Hi all, just purchased a daytona grey with black interior with piping 54k. Car rides good, great shape owned by audi enthusiast with some rare audi's. Had a few questions for you.

Warranty, got a quote from easy care, will audi still sell me a Fidelity? (3k quote for 24 mos on easy care)

Have all the maintaince records from previous owner, lots of work done, looks like struts shocks and various others. Should I get the DRC recall done now or does it expire?

Thinking of chipping the car with APR chip, any problems with warranty considering the stealth mode?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 02:46
Welcome aboard!

Which car did you buy? Pics!

Always opt for the Fidelity ext warranty and yes they still offer the plans. Hurry and get one. At your mileage....4/48 should still be reasonable.

You will find a ton of info here....use search early and often

We have another long time member in Chi town. Mark can point you in the direction of Audi service that can fix the DRC properly. And yes, get the new DRC installed asap after you get your Fidelity.

DuckWingDuck
October 28th, 2009, 02:56
Modifying your car from factory spec can technically lead the claims adjustor to deny your claim. I once heard a story where a warranty company's claims adjustor denied a repair because the owner had aftermarket wheels (and the problem was not wheel related.)

Of course, most adjustors aren't that much of an ass, but YMMV.

tkrtape1
October 28th, 2009, 02:58
Wow small world I drove that car on Friday while they were servicing my A8...nice car was Rob @ (Highland Park Audi)the sales guy..he was only willing to move about 500.00 from there asking price.I think I'm going to have one with in the next week also...Pete

ZCD2.7T
October 28th, 2009, 12:57
Hi all, just purchased a daytona grey with black interior with piping 54k.

Thinking of chipping the car with APR chip, any problems with warranty considering the stealth mode?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

I've actually never read anything good about APR's RS 6 tuning, so I'd consider other options, like REVO or O.CT.

Congrats on the car - they're LOTS of fun to drive!

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 15:20
The car I purchased was not from up north, did not know that hp had one for sale. Well, one audi dealer already said he wont sell me the fidelity unless I had purchased the car from him due to mileage (54k) and end of factory warranty.

Why is the fidelity contract better then the Platinum easy care?

Anyone have contacts in chicago area for mtm or o.ct?

terrytcl
October 28th, 2009, 15:27
welcome!

where are you located?

bruce
October 28th, 2009, 15:29
Well, one audi dealer already said he wont sell me the fidelity unless I had purchased the car from him due to mileage (54k) and end of factory warranty.

That's bullshit.

Talk to the finance manager.

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 15:37
That's bullshit.

Talk to the finance manager.

Here is his message, by the way the car was serviced at his dealership.

Audi of America's records show that your RS6 has been out of warranty since 11/15/07. With that much time elapsed we cannot sell a service contract unless we were actually selling the car.I f we had the exact car to sell the Platinum service contract for 3 years or 36,000 miles would be $3795.
Larry Durnil
Finance Manager
Continental Audi of Naperville
Home of the Best Price Guarantee
1527 Aurora Avenue
Naperville,Illinois 60540
630 388-1000 x 109 Direct
630 388-1001 Fax
larryd@conaudi.com

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 15:38
I live in Park Ridge, no pictures yet its been raining for almost a week.

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 15:51
That is BS +2

Call McDonald Audi in Denver Co. They will sell you the Fidelity plan.

Call Audi N Scottsdale in AZ. They will sell you the Fidelity plan.

End of story.

The car I purchased was not from up north, did not know that hp had one for sale. Well, one audi dealer already said he wont sell me the fidelity unless I had purchased the car from him due to mileage (54k) and end of factory warranty.

Why is the fidelity contract better then the Platinum easy care?

Anyone have contacts in chicago area for mtm or o.ct?

DuckWingDuck
October 28th, 2009, 15:57
the most that they'll ask for is to have the vehicle pass an inspection but ya, everybody will sell you a warranty. it's essentially free money for them.

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 16:32
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16998&highlight=chicago+service&page=2

You have several Audi dealers local. Call them all and get Fidelity quotes. It does not matter which dealer sells you the plan.

Fidelity is the best because its backed by Audi. Period

If you have to....then call the dealers I listed above. They WILL sell you a plan.

tkrtape1
October 28th, 2009, 16:49
MMATURO...has a contact at http://www.gocpt.com/ Audi of HP told me they would sell one upon inspection of the vehicle.Dave at HP is the service writer..the guy is great.

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 16:54
Well, got off the phone with Audi Westmont, guy is involved with local audi events. He is looking into it for me. But said he would take easy care over fidelity. Audi Schaumburg gave me quotes at 1 year 2526, 2 3180, 3 3988. Still waiting to hear back from Mcgrath, which is where I bought my S4. The guy at Schamburg said to buy the platinum, "when there are claims they argue less".

mmaturo
October 28th, 2009, 16:58

Audi of America's records show that your RS6 has been out of warranty since 11/15/07. With that much time elapsed we cannot sell a service contract unless we were actually selling the car.I f we had the exact car to sell the Platinum service contract for 3 years or 36,000 miles would be $3795.
Larry Durnil
Finance Manager
Continental Audi of Naperville
Home of the Best Price Guarantee
1527 Aurora Avenue
Naperville,Illinois 60540
630 388-1000 x 109 Direct
630 388-1001 Fax
larryd@conaudi.com

Oh i love it...not sure what was up his rear but he may have a point on the time period since any warranty ending (on an unknown car) but if it was still always serviced there they still have the history. I have serviced my car there for 3 years, my CPO was running out the same time i asked (so he may be right there) but even though i did not buy the car there he was certainly willing to sell it to me. Roughly the same price but there was a special of another $700 off back in June. My CPO ended in July. Anyway keep checking with the finance managers of the rest of the dealers around.

On service they are still fine (do the DRC fix there, they have been getting it mostly right) but most regular stuff i go to Al (look at gocpt.com) as do 2 other RS6s I know of.

Congrats on the car. Keep hunting for the Fidelity but i asked Al about plans and Easy Care he thought was OK. Key is that everything is covered not just named parts as that is where it gets difficult as different manufacturers obviously call parts by different names.

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 17:04
I will bring to cpt for service. I met Al once, brought in my tuned 996tt for a dyno, had some issues with the front diff. He would not take a dime from me, even though I offered.

Next day sent a friend who needed some help, took care of him right away.

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 17:05
by the way the finance guy with Continental also said I had to eat the cost of the inspection.

bruce
October 28th, 2009, 17:29
by the way the finance guy with Continental also said I had to eat the cost of the inspection.

I still think it's BS. The F&I guy is an idiot. They MAKE money on selling the Fidelity policy. You could go over his head to General Manager and tell him the F&I guy is throwing money down the toilet. You can call Fidelity directly at :

"Please contact the Audi Pure Protection dedicated line at 877-800-0286 to locate participating dealerships."

http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/content.shtml

btw, I'm buying a policy now, car is sight unseen. ALSO , if you have previously had Audi service done at the dealer, you are a CUSTOMER and there is a Fidelity DISCOUNT for existing Audi customers. Trust me on this... and ask for it.

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 17:52
What do you normally do when a "salesperson" is trying to push you into a different option?

Does that "salesperson" make more money on that other option? What do you think? What motivates a salesperson. :vhmmm:

Now consider the above and then consider the vast knowledge of REAL RS6 owners that have ZERO interest or commission incentive. :eye:

We own the cars and have the policies. :w:

Well, got off the phone with Audi Westmont, guy is involved with local audi events. He is looking into it for me. But said he would take easy care over fidelity. Audi Schaumburg gave me quotes at 1 year 2526, 2 3180, 3 3988. Still waiting to hear back from Mcgrath, which is where I bought my S4. The guy at Schamburg said to buy the platinum, "when there are claims they argue less".

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 17:55
Bruce,

Did you find a new car? Deal sealed? Can you tell us which one?

I still think it's BS. The F&I guy is an idiot. They MAKE money on selling the Fidelity policy. You could go over his head to General Manager and tell him the F&I guy is throwing money down the toilet. You can call Fidelity directly at :

"Please contact the Audi Pure Protection dedicated line at 877-800-0286 to locate participating dealerships."

http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/content.shtml

btw, I'm buying a policy now, car is sight unseen. ALSO , if you have previously had Audi service done at the dealer, you are a CUSTOMER and there is a Fidelity DISCOUNT for existing Audi customers. Trust me on this... and ask for it.

bruce
October 28th, 2009, 17:58

I f we had the exact car to sell the Platinum service contract for 3 years or 36,000 miles would be $3795.

Maybe it depends on the mileage on the car, but MY quote for the same Platinum contract , WITH the current customer discount, was $2,494. The guy sounds like a jack off. :vhmmm:

bruce
October 28th, 2009, 18:00
Bruce,

Did you find a new car? Deal sealed? Can you tell us which one?

:rs6kiss: :race: More info after I write the check. :cheers:

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 18:09
Hot dog! I cant wait to see which one you got.

Congrats early. We saved another RS6 owner.

:rs6kiss: :race: More info after I write the check. :cheers:

DHall1
October 28th, 2009, 18:10
Yeah,

Sounds like a little 1300 dollars of extra commission to me.

That is how F&I crooks make extra money on the side. When are they ever going to learn. Dont mess with RS6.com

Maybe it depends on the mileage on the car, but MY quote for the same Platinum contract , WITH the current customer discount, was $2,494. The guy sounds like a jack off. :vhmmm:

mmaturo
October 28th, 2009, 18:19
Hot dog! I cant wait to see which one you got.

Congrats early. We saved another RS6 owner.

saved one not on the forums i think...happened to be at Schaumberg Audi this past weekend looking for a V10 R8 they had but alas it was gone but they have had a 55K Daytona RS6 on the lot in i would say pretty good condition and the guy test driving it was up from Indiana looking at it. Told him my opinion of the car he was looking at and the things that may come up but told him to get the extended warranty while he talked money. Not sure if he drove away with it but he wanted to.

Conaswr
October 28th, 2009, 21:59
Warranty saga over, passed inspection (could it ever fail when they want to sell a warranty). Have to schedule 55k service and drc recall. Then upgrades!!! I feel better now, always fun with the dealerships.

DHall1
October 29th, 2009, 00:13
What did you end up with? Time and mileage? From who and did they adjust the prices?

Warranty saga over, passed inspection (could it ever fail when they want to sell a warranty). Have to schedule 55k service and drc recall. Then upgrades!!! I feel better now, always fun with the dealerships.

Conaswr
October 29th, 2009, 00:22
Finally, spoke with the finance guy at Schaumburg Audi. You know the old back and forth 2yr 24k about 2800 and change. As I am driving to the inspection, got a call back from Mcgrath, where I have bought two cars from. I told him the situation and prices....well if anything goes wrong call me and I will sell it to you for four hundred more.

DHall1
October 29th, 2009, 00:27
Wow, those guys are tough.

Did you try the Denver or Phoenix dealers I noted? A member here just got a 6/60 plan for 4200 or so....he has 37k miles

Finally, spoke with the finance guy at Schaumburg Audi. You know the old back and forth 2yr 24k about 2800 and change. As I am driving to the inspection, got a call back from Mcgrath, where I have bought two cars from. I told him the situation and prices....well if anything goes wrong call me and I will sell it to you for four hundred more.

MaxRS6
October 29th, 2009, 00:32
Welcome aboard the crazy train! Enjoy the ride

Conaswr
October 29th, 2009, 00:33
Honestly, just wanted it to be over. I think the car is great, but I dont know if I will have it beyond a few years, I am sure the mileage has something to do with it. If I wind up keeping it, I will build the crap out of it and no warranty will help me then.

Conaswr
October 29th, 2009, 18:17
Pic from dealer

mmaturo
October 29th, 2009, 18:44
Pic from dealer

Welcome again. You should lurk on Quattroworld.com in the Chicagoland forum if you are interested and get that thing on the track next spring at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet so you really know what it does....best thing i ever did with mine to really understand what it can do.

terrytcl
October 29th, 2009, 18:56
welcome!

i'm in the northwest. i think there are 2 other rs6s in my area...

we should have a get together

:)

Conaswr
October 29th, 2009, 19:40
Is there a chip that you have good experience with that will not show up when it is at Audi for service?

terrytcl
October 29th, 2009, 19:54
i run revo...
no issues here

Spidercat
October 29th, 2009, 19:58
Yes.
Revo. (I know, caveat emptor, roll the dice, etc.)
If you get the select-plus box with it, you can switch it back to stock parameters before you take it in for "problems." 10 to 1 the dealer won't care anyway. Most of our cars are now under aftermarket warranties. I suppose they (Audi) could find out if it was life or death by analyzing the computer code (discussed many moons ago at length), but I doubt that would happen.

Any "chip" <READ ECU-mod>that does not require you to physically alter the ECU module (soldering) would be the way to go.

Not to just say "search is your friend," but it is in this case. Read Copper's sticky on ECU mods. That's a good place to keep all the ECU stuff in one area.

Conaswr
October 29th, 2009, 20:19
Any chicago recommondations for revo?

Spidercat
October 29th, 2009, 20:22
Easiest to go to their website (Revotechnik.com) (sp?) and search for one near you.
BTW, Copper's sticky is no longer stuck. Search ECU posts started by "Copper."

mmaturo
October 29th, 2009, 21:39
Any chicago recommondations for revo?

http://www.rennart.com/services.php

I think these guys are the only reps in the area for it. they did my TT years ago.

DuckWingDuck
October 30th, 2009, 02:00
honestly, the best thing is to get to know your service advisor and tech.