PDA

View Full Version : High pass filters in doors or loom?

gareth60
October 21st, 2009, 09:16
Hi all,

I have just replaced all four of my Bose door speakers with my favourite infinity reference speakers. I have also replaced the amp and I'm currently testing with my trusty 6 yr old alpine headunit pending buying another. I have used the existing wiring, using a adapter for the power and line level outputs at the head unit end and in the boot (trunk) I have cut the loom and soldered the RCA, power and speaker cables it. I'm currently using the existing sub. I've don't it all very carefully and I'm pleased with the job and sound.

However I have an issue. There is no base going to the front and rear speakers. I had this issue when I just changed the speakers and I thought that there must me a high pass filter in the Bose amp. However, I have now changed the amp and it's the same.

When I had the doors off, I didn't see any filters there! Any ideas?

Kind regards

gareth60
October 23rd, 2009, 16:49
I've done a little bit of digging and I had a closer look at some photo's that I took when I was installing my speakers.

What I did, is unsolder the tweeters and use that connection as my feed. Looking at my photo, it looks like there could be some sort of filter in the wiring loom.

I will take the door panels off next week for a closer look and fix, hopefully it will be this easy.