PDA

View Full Version : Removing Paddle Shifters, anyone know how?

p3u
October 19th, 2009, 03:41
Trying to remove these, anyone happen to know how to take them off?

Thanks!

DuckWingDuck
October 19th, 2009, 04:11
Do a search for it, Spidercat posted some stuff about it when he upgrade to a set of aluminum paddle shifters.

p3u
October 19th, 2009, 04:14
Do a search for it, Spidercat posted some stuff about it when he upgrade to a set of aluminum paddle shifters.

Oh, I had no idea these were out for our car! Could you direct me to where they can be purchased?

I am planing on maching a set for my beast, unless the ones available are what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Spidercat
October 19th, 2009, 04:37
2 small torx screws at the bottom. 1 each. Couldn't be easier. Just be careful to not lose the spring. Turn opposite lock for each one. Search paddle by my screen name. If you can't find it I will when I get home. At the swingset park w/my daughter and she needs someone to push her!

Spidercat
October 19th, 2009, 08:46
OK (goto last page):
http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13608&highlight=paddle&page=4 (http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13608&highlight=paddle&page=4)

Pix below (green led switch on the steering column is the laser jammer switch, which was why I originally took these, so sorry for the out of focus on the paddles).

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8671&stc=1&d=1255938188

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8672&stc=1&d=1255938198

mrmule
September 14th, 2011, 17:34
Can I have a set of those paddles pleeeeease!

ben916
September 14th, 2011, 17:42
Can I have a set of those paddles pleeeeease!

Stephencl might have a set left after the IRENE thread...

mrmule
September 14th, 2011, 17:51
cheers ben. I PM'ed him. If the number is small enough, might try and round up a few of the guys ere in the UK for a group buy...

ben916
September 14th, 2011, 18:26
cheers ben. I PM'ed him. If the number is small enough, might try and round up a few of the guys ere in the UK for a group buy...

I think he has or offered one set (I also have a set and really like them!)

na1mt
September 15th, 2011, 00:55
I think he has or offered one set (I also have a set and really like them!)

I picked up the set he had.....Josh was working on a cad file a while back to replicate

RSSIK
September 15th, 2011, 16:46
I cant find where they sell these. Anyone have any clue where to find them and pricing also??

ben916
September 15th, 2011, 17:54
I cant find where they sell these. Anyone have any clue where to find them and pricing also??

I has searching for a very long time:
The only ones I found were carbon fiber from 2003 made by Sportec for $700.
I have emailed them several times with null replies.

Then out of the blue, Stephencl finds 5 pairs of aluminum and they were gone quickly...

mrmule
September 15th, 2011, 18:12
Do you know if he still frequents this site?

No reply from him as yet... :rolleyes:

JSRS6
September 15th, 2011, 19:01
I picked up the set he had.....Josh was working on a cad file a while back to replicate

Still working on it. Been super busy lately.

Spidercat
September 15th, 2011, 21:06
I has searching for a very long time:
The only ones I found were carbon fiber from 2003 made by Sportec for $700.
I have emailed them several times with null replies.

Then out of the blue, Stephencl finds 5 pairs of aluminum and they were gone quickly...

Well...not entirely out of the blue...

On a separate post where someone else was looking for paddles, I posted the website of the manufacturer from which I had purchased mine.;)
Edit: I think I actually pm'd him instead, since he was looking for paddles and since he had gone out of his way to hook me up with a cf front lip spoiler previously... didn't want to post the website until he at least had a chance to get them. Stephen's super cool and what happened to his car was the worst news on this site all year...
IIRC, when he contacted them, they weren't making them anymore so I think he bought the remaining ones for a final gb, some of which were seconds/minor blems, then distributed them.

Best bet at this point would be to keep talking sweetly to JSRS6...

Stephencl
September 16th, 2011, 03:05
Hey folks....these are gone. No more sets left. Good luck creating the next generation....

Stephen

aussie rs6
October 1st, 2011, 15:55
Hey folks....these are gone. No more sets left. Good luck creating the next generation....

Stephen

I am looking for good luck here. I would really like a set of paddles like spidercat has. Like spidercat, I contacted the maufacturer of spidercats paddles direct, dominic at MAD racing and his email response was as below. Anyone have any suggestions?

regards,
johnk

Sent: Friday, 2 September 2011 11:54 AM
To: John Kopcheff
Subject: Re: request for quote for price and shipping to Perth Western Australia of Billet Aluminium shift paddles for 2003 Audi RS6, C5 with tiptronic

Hello John,
No one has stepped up for a special production run; I sold all my existing stock to Stephen on the forums. It was my understanding that he would handle distribution on the paddles to forum members. I have no more stock available. Sorry.
Best,
Dominic