PDA

View Full Version : heat wave in Phoenix AZ reminded me...

peiserg
October 17th, 2009, 21:19
gonna hit 100F again this week. Just reminded of of the best performance mod I've done on the rs6..

water injection. woot!

vangelis
October 17th, 2009, 22:30
only 100F? it hit over 122F here sometimes in the summer :) and still alive without water injection :)

peiserg
October 18th, 2009, 01:17
only 100F? it hit over 122F here sometimes in the summer :) and still alive without water injection :)

yeah, yeah... well it's technically almost winter here!

summer it's pretty common to see 117-118

DHall1
October 18th, 2009, 03:54
Yeah yeah yeah...tell me about it. It was hot today and I just took the wifes AMG instead of the beast.

I was shopping up in Chandler and stopped in to Audi.

They have a nice looking Misano Red RS4. She was a beauty. BTW, the sales guy said AoA is getting lots of heat to bring the S4 Avant to the US. I told the sales guy you bring the S4 Avant 6sp and I buy one. He said that is the plan.

gonna hit 100F again this week. Just reminded of of the best performance mod I've done on the rs6..

water injection. woot!

vangelis
October 18th, 2009, 08:30

water injection. woot!

Can you share more details about this water injection setup you have?

Mr Balsen
October 18th, 2009, 09:47
water injection in the intake manifold or on the intercooler ???

Frederic

DHall1
October 18th, 2009, 16:28
Guys,

I can answer for Gerry and he will correct me if wrong. The main port is located in the intake runner on top of the engine.

Aquamist system in the intake tract.

I also think there were ports pre intercoolers also in the intake tract. (not sure on this one.)

water injection in the intake manifold or on the intercooler ???

Frederic

peiserg
October 18th, 2009, 17:34
Guys,

I can answer for Gerry and he will correct me if wrong. The main port is located in the intake runner on top of the engine.

Aquamist system in the intake tract.

I also think there were ports pre intercoolers also in the intake tract. (not sure on this one.)

You, sir, are correct. 3 ports. Pre intercooler and main intake runner just in front of the boost sensor.

It's the cat's ass. Killer, i tell you.. .killer... totally fantabulous.