PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking ebay car in CA. But, can anyone fix the DRC without screwing up?

DHall1
October 17th, 2009, 02:05
Another 4x4 RS6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-2003-Audi-RS6-450-HP-Only-27K-Miles-Pristine_W0QQitemZ200394885477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU S_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2ea8774965

Avus-RS6
October 18th, 2009, 09:55
The q and a is interesting. I bet the dealer is blowing smoke, why list starting bid at $25k if they have offers in the low $30's?

RS6-4dr911
October 18th, 2009, 16:42
Without a verdict on his blowing smoke or not, starting an auction with a lower price almost always results in a higher final price - auction fever I suppose.

LIRS6
October 18th, 2009, 17:53
"History" dates look amiss - manufactured/shipped to dealer June '04 ... registered Oct '04 .. think they must mean 2003

ben916
October 19th, 2009, 17:39
... auction fever I suppose.

or his "buddies" are boosting the bid price so others have to re-bid or take second place bids...

"Ultra Rare"?!?!
a Porsche 962 street version is Ultra Rare with 6 produced.
a 1967 Dodge Coronet Hemi 4 dr is Ultra Rare with 4 produced.
etc...

DHall1
October 19th, 2009, 17:41
It is still a nice looking low mileage car.

Very low mileage and a CA car.

Well worth the money.

ben916
October 19th, 2009, 17:42

Well worth the money.

Is that the proverbial nudge???!?!?

did I spell that right?

bruce
October 21st, 2009, 22:26

Well worth the money.

It's not a bad deal but DRC is not fixed.

I'm not sure about the color especially after seeing all the swirl marks in their own photos!!

Anyone here bidding on it?

DHall1
October 22nd, 2009, 01:57
Bruce,

Those are not swirl marks. It looks like a reflection of a fence across the street.

Have them send you better pics.

CA cars are in the best climate. If properly serviced...your good to go.

It's not a bad deal but DRC is not fixed.

I'm not sure about the color especially after seeing all the swirl marks in their own photos!!

Anyone here bidding on it?

ripper996
October 28th, 2009, 05:31
This car was previously for sale on Craigslist in the SF Bay Area back in August 2009. The original owner wanted $30K. He came by my house with the car and I took it for a test drive. The car then went to Sonnen Audi and had the DRC replaced under warranty, as well as the front rotors and tires. The owner put approx. $5K into it that week. Sonnen had all the service history for the vehicle. However, this RS6 was a little on the 'tatty' side. The engine heat shield had been eaten away by mice. Under the front spoiler, it was scrapped quite badly. The rear right passenger door had had some paint work done to it (from an unreported accident?) and was dull compared to the rest of the vehicle. Also, on the rear, the 'RS6' badge was not located in the proper position...the owner admitted that it was a replacement badge (another sign of damage)? We did agree on a price of $29K, but I walked away as I didn't get a good feeling about the car.

bruce
October 28th, 2009, 21:59

Well worth the money.

DHall ---- this one. Done deal.

I checked out the comments by 996 (thanks btw) and checked the insurance and service records. It's not the right rear door, but the left rear quarter panel. It was repainted, and very well, as I couldn't tell from the looks. The only way I could tell is they forgot to replace the bra guard in front of the left rear wheel when done. The paint was likely blended around the trunk where the emblem was put on in the wrong place. That I can fix, or maybe go stealth. The trunk lid was never removed and there was no insurance claim so it appears to be "minor" as frame and underside look untouched. I certainly couldn't tell without rs6.com!!

It needs to be detailed, which they are doing. It will have SE exhaust shortly and is only missing the shitty Audi Nav. My iPhone nav is actually better, so I'm thinking, fuck it.

I'm ordering the black trim kits and looking at wheels. I like the ones Fonzie has or similar Audi stock looking with gray color. The dealer had stock rims from an R8 but alas I can't fit those big fat rears on.

Fidelity contract is negotiated and in process. DRC has already been done, but the guys that did my last one will check specs. Sonnen in Marin did the initial DRC job back in August.

So to recap, the cost was low 30's and only about 7k over buying my old one and I have 53k more miles to burn to get to the 80k on my old one. AND it's way cheaper than anything else comparable. Btw he had an R8, white w/black, that tempted me for 3 minutes, but that was three times as much dough.

Special thanks to DHall. I owe you one.

ripper996
October 28th, 2009, 23:41
You don't have to report any damage to your Insurance company if you plan to foot the bill yourself. Just check out the rear right door to make sure everything is OK. The original owner told me about the damage so it should have been reported to you. You have a nice car, but I personally didn't think it was worth $29K, let alone anything in the low '30s.

bruce
October 28th, 2009, 23:55
You don't have to report any damage to your Insurance company if you plan to foot the bill yourself. Just check out the rear right door to make sure everything is OK. The original owner told me about the damage so it should have been reported to you. You have a nice car, but I personally didn't think it was worth $29K, let alone anything in the low '30s.

Thanks for the info again. It's amazing how info travels on the Internet. I'll take another look at the right rear door, as I already did once!

As for the value, your opinion is duly noted, and I disagree. I've had three Porsches, two BMW's, a Lexus and 1 Audi. The RS6 is not just good, it's head and shoulders better. I don't think there is a better $30k car.

DHall1
October 29th, 2009, 00:22
^^

Bruce-your welcome. Make it down to one of the SCC Audi events and we can all have a toast. Epic routes with fast Audi's....it gets no better.

Given the low mileage this CA car will serve you well for years to come. The service items that the prev owner added really bump up the value as they are the big ticket $$ maint items. Further, the low mileage really opens the door for longer Fidelity plans (at cheap prices) that will pay off big time 4-5 years down the road when we can still take our RS6 in and just say fix it. :rs6kiss:

10k turbos? fix it!
10k transmission? fix it!
40k piston thru the side of the block? fix it!

Pay the 50 dollar deductable and take the misses out for dinner. As she will have a smile on her face because your fancy car is not costing the household an arm and a leg.

Bingo

:hahahehe:

ripper996
October 29th, 2009, 02:05
I'm not saying the RS6 is a bad car Bruce, far from it. All I was trying to say was that for the money the original owner wanted, I didn't think it was worth that particular price. When I found out from Sonnen that he was having the rotors, pads and DRC taken care of, it sounded a good buy. But I was able to look at the car again when it was on the rack and decided not to buy it. The $29K, plus taxes et al, after-market warranty (which is a must for RS6's) and a new set of tires, the price of the car was going to be around $40K. As decent as a car it is, I'd rather spend the $40K somewhere else, which I did - on an '06 E55 with 13,000 miles on the clock. You pay your money you take your choice. As for head and shoulders...I'm still pining for my E39 '03 M5. Black on black, aluminum trim, 17K miles...sold it last year for a C4S. Worst thing, car-wise, I've ever done. That car was head and shoulders above anything else I've owned, including the E55.

DHall1
October 29th, 2009, 02:38
Ripper,

I hear ya, but the car now has a new set of PZeros along with the rotors brakes and service. I dont think it will reach 40k all said and done. 36-7k is a decent price for a low mileage example.

The RS6 is a better drivers car than the E55. My opinion because there is a E55 sitting out in my garage next to the RS6. :eye: My wife drives the E55...she liked the color. Platinum Blue

I would agree that selling your M5 was a mistake but the again the RS6 takes the M5 all day long. IMHO

I'm not saying the RS6 is a bad car Bruce, far from it. All I was trying to say was that for the money the original owner wanted, I didn't think it was worth that particular price. When I found out from Sonnen that he was having the rotors, pads and DRC taken care of, it sounded a good buy. But I was able to look at the car again when it was on the rack and decided not to buy it. The $29K, plus taxes et al, after-market warranty (which is a must for RS6's) and a new set of tires, the price of the car was going to be around $40K. As decent as a car it is, I'd rather spend the $40K somewhere else, which I did - on an '06 E55 with 13,000 miles on the clock. You pay your money you take your choice. As for head and shoulders...I'm still pining for my E39 '03 M5. Black on black, aluminum trim, 17K miles...sold it last year for a C4S. Worst thing, car-wise, I've ever done. That car was head and shoulders above anything else I've owned, including the E55.

RS6-4dr911
October 30th, 2009, 03:18
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6-REDUCED-PRICE_W0QQitemZ300356175854QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item45ee9f87ee

mmaturo
October 30th, 2009, 03:33
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6-REDUCED-PRICE_W0QQitemZ300356175854QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item45ee9f87ee

If you you are crazy enough to pay $28K for this car pm me as you can have mine for that price same mileage w/ RS6+ wheels (with another set of OEMs with snows...no box in the back but RNSE and hell everything, and i mean everything is new and working. Interior and exterior very good (same as lower mileage cars). And i am serious. Plus mine is faster than average unadulterated ever (have dyno that shows why).

If not i will keep mine till i can grow plants out of it.

Born2be
October 30th, 2009, 11:50
Ripper,

I hear ya, but the car now has a new set of PZeros along with the rotors brakes and service. I dont think it will reach 40k all said and done. 36-7k is a decent price for a low mileage example.

The RS6 is a better drivers car than the E55. My opinion because there is a E55 sitting out in my garage next to the RS6. :eye: My wife drives the E55...she liked the color. Platinum Blue

I would agree that selling your M5 was a mistake but the again the RS6 takes the M5 all day long. IMHO

Have you tried the E63?

W>

Yellow RS6
October 30th, 2009, 13:55

Unfortunately, with current market conditions, this is still too high (he was trying to get $35K at first). But with all the recent services and a transferable warranty, he should get $25-26K for it.

DHall1
October 30th, 2009, 14:05
Why?

Its the same car. And the n/a engine needs to be blasted hard to get any power out of it. I always choose boost for power+torque and gas mileage. Always

RS6=boost
E55=boost...that engine is a dream
Supra=boost
GT4 Celica=boost
LX470+supercharger=boost
Monaco Dynasty=boost

:-)

Have you tried the E63?

W>

Born2be
October 30th, 2009, 22:40
E63 = 500+ n/a HP. All the mags rave about the engine and I was just curious as to if you've had the chance to drive to compare/contrast. Thanks.

W>

DuckWingDuck
October 31st, 2009, 00:13
heading out to crash er... i mean, test the new e63 and c63 next weekend at the el toro airbase.

V8weight
October 31st, 2009, 00:40
I ran into a C63 on the freeway a few weeks ago. I got up next to him and gave him a thumbs up, but I must have spooked him because he bolted. I didn't even try to go after him, that thing scared me:bigeyes:

DHall1
October 31st, 2009, 04:23
I think the E55 is faster. With a n/a engine platform the max hp is way up high in the rpm band.

These are literally the same car. I have no need to drive the E63. The last time I was in my benz dealer this came up with my salesman. He says some people who traded 55s in for 63s actually wanted their 55s back. I was looking at a CLK63 Black Series.

Sorry I cant help with the actual drive of the 63.

E63 = 500+ n/a HP. All the mags rave about the engine and I was just curious as to if you've had the chance to drive to compare/contrast. Thanks.

W>

DuckWingDuck
October 31st, 2009, 07:39
my biggest problem with mercs is this, they have so much torque that you can't turn the computer off and it constantly interferes.

bruce
November 1st, 2009, 01:11
^^

Bruce-your welcome. Make it down to one of the SCC Audi events and we can all have a toast. Epic routes with fast Audi's....it gets no better.

Dave

For you:

DHall1
November 1st, 2009, 01:29
Cheers Bruce!

You swapped the Hella tails already. I like it.

Funny, you have a LX470 as well. I supercharged ours after the warranty ran out. The chaps at Lexus were saying NOOOO, NOOOOO but that was 50k ago and all is fine. I also flat tow ours behind the motorhome. Yep, the Lexus folk were saying NOOOO, NOOOO but that was 35k ago and all is fine.

I dont listen very well but dont ask for anyone to pay for my mistakes either. LOL

Dave

For you:

DuckWingDuck
November 1st, 2009, 01:43
the northern california chapter of audi club has so much more fun than us, more track events, more of everything!

bruce
November 1st, 2009, 01:45
Cheers Bruce!

You swapped the Hella tails already. I like it.

Funny, you have a LX470 as well. I supercharged ours after the warranty ran out. The chaps at Lexus were saying NOOOO, NOOOOO but that was 50k ago and all is fine. I also flat tow ours behind the motorhome. Yep, the Lexus folk were saying NOOOO, NOOOO but that was 35k ago and all is fine.

I dont listen very well but dont ask for anyone to pay for my mistakes either. LOL

After racing my old one around for a few days, I think the new one has a bit more kick to it.... :rs6kiss:

I also ordered the black trim package for the window and door trim. Trying to decide on rims.... I want something Audi looking in a dark gray ... I think. :vhmmm:

Fidelity policy is signed and sealed for 60,000 miles and four years at $3,674. I had it quoted at $100 deduct, so that could be some of the variance on the other thread's info.

Yeah the LX has been great and I'm sure my 16 yo daughter would be interested in supercharging it. :bigeyes: Got about 85k miles on it now and we will be needing a third car. (She has no issues looking cool in the RS6 though, as most of the kids she knows think dad has an awesome ride...)

Soooooo with all the money I saved on the RS6 I'm surprising the Mrs. with a 2007 ML63:incar:

DHall1
November 1st, 2009, 06:43
Ok,

Now we have a good thread.

Where did you get the trim?

Nice deal on the Fidelity plan and you are all set.

Funny, our LX was my wifes daily driver for many years then it became the extra vehicle around the house which gave me the green light to supercharge. (Which I installed BTW) Now my wife drives the supercharged E55 and I cant get the keys from her. :nana: Small world....we could see our ladies pull up to a stoplight with nearly 1000hp between those two AMGs. Amazing.

As for rims....let me show you a couple of options. One here you may like. :hahahehe:

After racing my old one around for a few days, I think the new one has a bit more kick to it.... :rs6kiss:

I also ordered the black trim package for the window and door trim. Trying to decide on rims.... I want something Audi looking in a dark gray ... I think. :vhmmm:

Fidelity policy is signed and sealed for 60,000 miles and four years at $3,674. I had it quoted at $100 deduct, so that could be some of the variance on the other thread's info.

Yeah the LX has been great and I'm sure my 16 yo daughter would be interested in supercharging it. :bigeyes: Got about 85k miles on it now and we will be needing a third car. (She has no issues looking cool in the RS6 though, as most of the kids she knows think dad has an awesome ride...)

Soooooo with all the money I saved on the RS6 I'm surprising the Mrs. with a 2007 ML63:incar:

bruce
November 1st, 2009, 07:27
Ok,

Now we have a good thread.

Where did you get the trim?

Nice deal on the Fidelity plan and you are all set.

Funny, our LX was my wifes daily driver for many years then it became the extra vehicle around the house which gave me the green light to supercharge. (Which I installed BTW) Now my wife drives the supercharged E55 and I cant get the keys from her. :nana: Small world....we could see our ladies pull up to a stoplight with nearly 1000hp between those two AMGs. Amazing.

As for rims....let me show you a couple of options. One here you may like. :hahahehe:

I emailed oemplus.com for the trim and they said no problemo, just $1,400. I've heard decent things about them so I got my fingers crossed.

As for the wheels, hmmnn. Maybe I should just paint the stock ones? I was thinking about the R8 or S6 styles with 5 spokes.,.

I actually was going to take the ML63 if she didn't want it, but as luck would have it she wanted one, so I found the right combo, white over black, low miles, but on east coast. It should be here in a couple days. I'd like to see that much HP and we could add another 900 or so......

DuckWingDuck
November 1st, 2009, 16:41
ya, I can vouch for the oemplus guys, they're down my way and I've been to their location when bodni got the bt module installed for his car

DHall1
November 1st, 2009, 17:19
Here is a blue RS6 with the gray RS4 rims.

Fonzi from our list

bruce
November 1st, 2009, 22:10
Here is a blue RS6 with the gray RS4 rims.

Fonzi from our list

Ya that's a nice look. Do you know what kind/size they are?

DuckWingDuck
November 2nd, 2009, 00:46
I think Fonzie's running 19s

bruce
November 2nd, 2009, 01:26
I'm thinking something like these??

DuckWingDuck
November 2nd, 2009, 02:03
something along those lines but is Fonzie running non-OEMs? I'm honestly not sure.

DHall1
November 2nd, 2009, 05:54
I think Fonz has OEM RS4 wheels

something along those lines but is Fonzie running non-OEMs? I'm honestly not sure.

DHall1
November 2nd, 2009, 05:59
I think those are OEM RS4 graphite rims.

19x9 with perfect fitment on RS6. No spacers and no rub

The MTM are 19x9.5 et30 again perfect fitment with no spacers.

I like the look of the repros you noted. Just make sure they are strong enough and have the correct backspace.

Ya that's a nice look. Do you know what kind/size they are?

DuckWingDuck
November 2nd, 2009, 06:26
Richard is also running the same ones (non titanium though) on his S6 as well. Those are very nice rims, I'd go with those if/when I decide to head down to 19s.

DHall1
November 2nd, 2009, 14:01
The VMR wheels look nice.

But these will not fit the RS6 or RS4 without spacers. These are more designed for A6 or A4 people without the wide fender arches.

You can run spacers with the VMR rims. I cant advise on spacers. I have never run them.

I'm thinking something like these??

bruce
November 2nd, 2009, 15:19
The VMR wheels look nice.

But these will not fit the RS6 or RS4 without spacers. These are more designed for A6 or A4 people without the wide fender arches.

You can run spacers with the VMR rims. I cant advise on spacers. I have never run them.

Thanks for the comments. I'm looking more at styles than a particular manufacturer.

I'll see if I can find where to get OEM's. (besides Audi .. Lol. )

bruce
November 2nd, 2009, 16:00
I think those are OEM RS4 graphite rims.

19x9 with perfect fitment on RS6. No spacers and no rub

Kinda like these:
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_97&products_id=314

DuckWingDuck
November 2nd, 2009, 16:58
825 per? I think you can get them for around that price from friggin' Audi!

DHall1
November 2nd, 2009, 17:23
Yep,

Those are the wheels.

You can get them cheaper at the Audi discount dealers online. Or have your local Audi dealer match the price as the discount Audi dealers. Mine did and I now get the discounted price

Kinda like these:

bruce
November 2nd, 2009, 21:43
825 per? I think you can get them for around that price from friggin' Audi!

Best price I have found is all they way down to $742 here:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_RS4--V8/Search/Rs4_Wheel/ES10282/

It's interesting that I can also get a set of four for a discount price of :harass: $3,776 - - - - WTF ???

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_RS4--V8/Search/Rs4_Wheel/ES11764/

Anyone have any other secret place I can find wheels online?? :w:

DHall1
November 3rd, 2009, 01:50
Yeah yeah hold on to your shorts :eye:

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214407

Best price I have found is all they way down to $742 here:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_RS4--V8/Search/Rs4_Wheel/ES10282/

It's interesting that I can also get a set of four for a discount price of :harass: $3,776 - - - - WTF ???

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B7_RS4--V8/Search/Rs4_Wheel/ES11764/

Anyone have any other secret place I can find wheels online?? :w:

DHall1
November 3rd, 2009, 01:55
Now...here is some info for you.

When do I get my Christmas present?? :hahahehe:

"Can someone find the OEM RS4 part number?

Never mind.

1800 on discountaudivw parts

8e0601025ag1h7 "

Funny, the above was my post a few monts back. Looks like Audi have jacked up the prices. 2400 for a set. But still way cheaper that the other sources. Just make sure that part number is the titanium color and not the silver color.

Here is the thread...wow just from March of this year the price has shot up. Thanks to the dollar value. Great.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077&highlight=rs4+wheels&page=2

bruce
November 3rd, 2009, 02:10
Yeah yeah hold on to your shorts :eye:

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214407

Thanks. I went to that site. They don't have an option to choose RS4, but they have what appears to be the same wheel (#7)

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214407&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2504&groupid=2504&subgroupid=51842&componentid=64717&make=2&model=S4%20sedan&year=2007&graphicID=1398440&callout=7&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

But they don't have an option for the Titan Edition and these are the lowest I've seen @ $605, so it didn't smell right. I emailed them, but have not heard back...:vhmmm:

I did find them in Mexico for $42,000, but that's for all four

http://www.oemvagparts.com/main/index.php/rines/oem/61-audi-y-vw.html

DHall1
November 3rd, 2009, 02:13
We have the pn for the titanium RS4 rims on the forum. Lets search

Look at the list price. I think its the same wheel

Thanks. I went to that site. They don't have an option to choose RS4, but they have what appears to be the same wheel (#7)

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214407&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2504&groupid=2504&subgroupid=51842&componentid=64717&make=2&model=S4%20sedan&year=2007&graphicID=1398440&callout=7&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

But they don't have an option for the Titan Edition and these are the lowest I've seen @ $605, so it didn't smell right. I emailed them, but have not heard back...:vhmmm:

bruce
November 3rd, 2009, 02:25

I found this on the OEM Plus site: 8EO601025BE8AU but I'm guessing the real # is less the AU at the end??

Also, and this is weird, I went to the thread you linked from March. I watched the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeHNZMqDttk

look at the RS6 badge on the rear at 0:36. Remember how mine supposedly is in the wrong spot? His is in the same spot? Is that a Euro location???

bruce
November 3rd, 2009, 02:32

Dave the PN is 8eo601025be

it's in the ECS tuning link I had above....duh

DHall1
November 3rd, 2009, 02:58
That vid has the Avant. Look at the body line...the emblem goes above just like the sedan.

Ebay UK.........conformation of the pn

Looks like 600/wheel is the best price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Audi-RS4-7arm-Double-Spoke-9Jx19-Alloy-Wheel-_W0QQitemZ320441103781QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq2009110 1?IMSfp=TL091101141001r23796

I found this on the OEM Plus site: 8EO601025BE8AU but I'm guessing the real # is less the AU at the end??

Also, and this is weird, I went to the thread you linked from March. I watched the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeHNZMqDttk

look at the RS6 badge on the rear at 0:36. Remember how mine supposedly is in the wrong spot? His is in the same spot? Is that a Euro location???

DHall1
November 3rd, 2009, 03:30
Oh crap,

I should have ordered the RS4 wheels last year.

Nearly doubled in price thanks to the dollar value in the toilet.

http://forums.audiworld.com/search.php?searchid=1942037

ripper996
November 4th, 2009, 03:52
Whatever you do Bruce, don't turn the car 'ghetto'. Sometimes keeping a car stock is a better option. If you have to change the alloys, then MTM make a 19" wheel that looks close to stock and IMHO better looking than the stock RS6 18" wheel. Kept my '03 E39 M5 stock. It was as beautiful 4 yrs older as it the day it rolled off the truck that delivered it to me when it was brand new.

DHall1
November 4th, 2009, 04:54
Ripper,

I dont think putting Audi RS4 rims on the RS6 is going down the ghetto road. :eye:

I posted the MTM wheel choice earlier in the thread.

IF I change rims....it is down to MTM or RS4 OEM for my RS6. The only other exterior "mod" I have done are the Hella tinted oem tail lights and had the huper optic ceramic tint installed for the AZ summer sun. Oh yeah, I also have the carbon fiber rear license plate surround. You dont really notice it....even the gang on the Audi runs have not noticed yet. LOL

Whatever you do Bruce, don't turn the car 'ghetto'. Sometimes keeping a car stock is a better option. If you have to change the alloys, then MTM make a 19" wheel that looks close to stock and IMHO better looking than the stock RS6 18" wheel. Kept my '03 E39 M5 stock. It was as beautiful 4 yrs older as it the day it rolled off the truck that delivered it to me when it was brand new.

ripper996
November 4th, 2009, 06:24
Going Audi OEM is fine. I just hope he doesn't go some aftermarket BS route. BTW, I still think he paid too much, especially when I was offered the car at $29K Obviously, a dealer bought it and did the usual 'dealer' thing...rip someone off, 'cause if it did go for the low $30's, then tack on tax and license fees plus an aftermarket warranty plan and repair to the front fender and pay for some new alloys, then you get to $40K and then some. Still, it was a very nice car, went like stink and will probably be enjoyed.

bruce
November 4th, 2009, 18:31
Oh crap,

I should have ordered the RS4 wheels last year.

Nearly doubled in price thanks to the dollar value in the toilet.

http://forums.audiworld.com/search.php?searchid=1942037

Ok, lowest OEM price I have found is $670 per and that is from Prime Audi in MA. www.audipartssuperstore.com

Not sure if I can find any new ones any cheaper. I actually haven't called the local dealer, so that's next.

As for ripper, no ghetto, all stock parts, except for tail and side lights.

And rip, the price?, let it go. I just picked up an RS6 and ML63 for less than the price of a new S6 or X5M. AND I got 953HP all told :dance:

DHall1
November 4th, 2009, 20:13
Bruce,

That is how its done. We have 919hp sitting out in the attached garage and I did the same thing you did. :hahahehe:

The collector cars, motorhome and supercharged LX add another 1550hp and they sit out back in the shop and motorhome parking.

You can say I dont buy into the whole global warming deal just like Al Gore wont give up his meat while meat production accounts for more GW than all motorized vehicles in the world. Hypocrisy? NO :w:

Ok, lowest OEM price I have found is $670 per and that is from Prime Audi in MA. www.audipartssuperstore.com (http://www.audipartssuperstore.com)

Not sure if I can find any new ones any cheaper. I actually haven't called the local dealer, so that's next.

As for ripper, no ghetto, all stock parts, except for tail and side lights.

And rip, the price?, let it go. I just picked up an RS6 and ML63 for less than the price of a new S6 or X5M. AND I got 953HP all told :dance: