PDA

View Full Version : Clicking coming from under/behind the steering wheel?

terrytcl
October 15th, 2009, 21:40
anyone experience this?

ever since it started getting cold here, i've noticed a clicking coming from either behind the steering wheel column, behind the lower kick panel, or lower kick panel just to left of the foot rest.

V8weight
October 16th, 2009, 00:24
I have the same symptoms. I believe it could possibly be a bad clockspring, but I'm waiting for it to trigger an airbag light because there's no sense in sending my dealer on a wild goose chase trying to track down the noise, all while trying to convince my warranty company to pay for it.

mmaturo
October 16th, 2009, 03:06
Ahhh yes, we talked about this years ago too. its a relay in the dash near the light switch that does it when it is cooler out. I've forgotten what it was again but we figured it out before. If audiworld wasn't such a pain to search i think it was over there that we talked about it. Its normal, you are stuck with it, nothing is broken.

mmaturo
October 16th, 2009, 03:14
hmmm well i found one post where i mention it in '06 and others agreed...but not what it was exactly...

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=22475088

terrytcl
October 16th, 2009, 15:53
thanks mark!

chairman2300
October 19th, 2009, 05:03
I have this on mine as well. I did figure it had to be a relay just from my testing. I have done some experimenting and have come to the conclusion that it only happens when I step on the gas. Its also one of the many reasons I will not let my wife drive this car. On the gas, off the gas, on the gas, off the gas.... click, click, click, click. It drives me crazy.

terrytcl
October 19th, 2009, 16:12
it's annoying, but i noticed that it does go away after the car is warmed up for a bit.

just turn the radio up for a while. :)