PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions, on gutting the pre Cats, and transporting vehicle

p3u
October 13th, 2009, 03:36
If you gut the pre cats on our beasts will there be a code thrown? I have never seen the stock dps on our car, but is the first o2 sensor before or after the pre cat, and if before then gutting it should throw no codes correct?

As far as transporting a vehicle in the US, is there any company that is recomended over the next? I'll need to be shipping my car off to Chicago here a another week or two.

Thanks!

V8weight
October 13th, 2009, 03:57
The first sensors are located ahead of the precats. Unfortunately, the second pair are located ahead of the main cats, and they are the ones responsible for throwing the catalyst efficiency and fuel trim codes. Your options are to either use o2 spacers on the rear o2 sensors (I'm not really keen on this), relocating them behind the main cat, or getting a tune that allows the ecu to ignore them (this worries me as well because I believe even in closed loop at wot the ecu still uses rear o2 sensor fuel trim values as a fail safe to prevent the engine from running too lean).

DonS
October 13th, 2009, 14:18
I was very happy with transport of my RS6 from SoCal to Madison, WI by Frank's Transport. The transporter truck was a spectacular chrome beauty - brought the whole neighborhood out! Frank was always in contact. You can call him directly at the number below, or you can try uShip. uShip is a reverse auction where transporters bid down to a competitive price. You can select the lowest or select bids based on the listed services and customer feedback. This is how I found Frank's. He wasn't the least expensive, but he had amazing feedback.

Frank Kimbrough<O:p</O:p
Frank's Automobile Shipping<O:p</O:p
& Transport ( F.A.S.T Inc.)<O:p</O:p
www.Frankstransport.com (http://www.Frankstransport.com)
Office 888 556-7881<O:p</O:p
Fax 310 868-2529

Good luck with the transport.