PDA

View Full Version : Cuandrified/Taking a Poll

Ebony rs6
October 11th, 2009, 05:58
Taking a poll on :
What is correct stock boost for 2003 rs6?

What part of car if any would not or may not throw a CEL or MIL?

Have definite symptoms,too many to list, but all stem from lack of boost.Had ECU disconnected and reconnected and full boost if not too much(20+about at 3-4000rpm)Car never fully accepted the power back and has returned back in 1 week to none or little boost.So turbos definitely work,very well actually when they work:jlol:

Would rings or valves(cylinder) cause turbo safety shut down?

Lastly, anyone ever heard of a torque converter causing power loss, but still allowing car to operate with still the smootheness of a reg 4.2V8?I am Cuandrified(Is that a word Webster?):snow:coming soon to me/anyone else?

mmaturo
October 11th, 2009, 06:06
Taking a poll on :
What is correct stock boost for 2003 rs6?

What part of car if any would not or may not throw a CEL or MIL?

Have definite symptoms,too many to list, but all stem from lack of boost.Had ECU disconnected and reconnected and full boost if not too much(20+about at 3-4000rpm)Car never fully accepted the power back and has returned back in 1 week to none or little boost.So turbos definitely work,very well actually when they work:jlol:

Would rings or valves(cylinder) cause turbo safety shut down?

Lastly, anyone ever heard of a torque converter causing power loss, but still allowing car to operate with still the smootheness of a reg 4.2V8?I am Cuandrified(Is that a word Webster?):snow:coming soon to me/anyone else?

Million posts on my end about torque converters and boost lost. Yes it tells the turbos to screw off. When i bought my car 4 years ago TC number one was checking out and i made the comment then i was so glad i spent $xxK dollars for a 4.2 A6. 3 transmissions later and 4 torque converters later yes they both tell the engine to screw off. Back in 05 i know i made the nissan forums after a maxima smoked my ass two lights in a row. never again but oh well.

Ebony rs6
October 11th, 2009, 07:03
thanx for the laugh about the nissan , too funny.I fortunately pick my accelerastion spurts carefully right now as to avoid thatLOL.
One of the 6 clutches, and if so how about the 7 clutch uipgrade or is this with manual only?
To return the LOL favor,had a 1991 Ford taurus with a powerband from hell(140 hp/189lbs torque)which was fun for about 6 seconds but anyway,I floored it next to a nice souped up older 68-69 camaro,then he floored it.I Had the lead from 30mph to about 55-60mph but only by a nose, and then KABOOM!HIS ENGINE BLEW!Lots of sparks flying from underneath his hood.Quiet a fireworks display.While at first thought this is funny, Im sure he wasn't too happy, and i didn't stay to find out.(I guess mayby what i'm trying to say is at least your motor didn't blow.
Can the car still act semi-normal (i guess it can) but just shift differently and with gobs less power due to tc problem w/out throwing CEL/MIL?In your opinion.
P.S. do u drivge your rs6 in winter?Being Wher u are?

Shoppinit
October 11th, 2009, 09:24
There's not much point in speculating with any solid information. There could be a huge range of things pulling boost, or it could be MAFs or wastegate or anything. YOu need something that you can read the daignostics data from the car with. I would definitely recommend a vagcom from Ross-tech. It's a no brainer. It pays for itself almost instantly, and you can sell it at almost what you paid for it.

Ebony rs6
October 11th, 2009, 10:38
There's not much point in speculating with any solid information. There could be a huge range of things pulling boost, or it could be MAFs or wastegate or anything. YOu need something that you can read the daignostics data from the car with. I would definitely recommend a vagcom from Ross-tech. It's a no brainer. It pays for itself almost instantly, and you can sell it at almost what you paid for it.

I probably will buy one,although now would do no good, due to repeated attempts with vag and laptop 3 times now with no codes popping up anywhere,but definite boost loss.Hoses connected etc.Boost was back by pulling ecu,and now gone.Unless the ecu is faulty which is poss. but highly unlikely,especially due to taillight out indicator.When car was at full boost and acting close to like it should,would still shudder at slight accel.at 80 mph,floor it and fine,for almost one week anyway.
my thoughts other than something simple because of this and previous symptoms I believe it seems any way that the car shut off power for a good reason,so when the ecu was tricked so to speak, the comp. tried to relearn according to software MTM specs(stock would yield the same results,just slightly less noticable)and more power = bigger problem or more noticeable anyway.Not accepting power but when it did for a brief stint,holy shit what a car,missle more like it:rs6kiss:

DHall1
October 11th, 2009, 16:14
KISS

Vagcom logs of block 115.

Requested vs actual boost is basic step in each and every tree algorithm.

Without it we have nothing. Zero, nada

Shoppinit
October 11th, 2009, 16:17
KISS

Vagcom logs of block 115.

Hehe. Ever get the impression that you're shouting into the void?

There are at least 3 concurrent threads waiting for 115 logs...

DHall1
October 11th, 2009, 16:18
That is why my posts are getting shorter and shorter while getting to the point.

:hahahehe:

Its part of the reason why doctors only give patients 30 seconds to talk. If they kept talking the docs would just get headaches.

Hehe. Ever get the impression that you're shouting into the void?

There are at least 3 concurrent threads waiting for 115 logs...

Shoppinit
October 11th, 2009, 16:20
Soon it'll be:

115 ASAFP!:hahahehe:

mmaturo
October 12th, 2009, 06:12
thanx for the laugh about the nissan , too funny.I fortunately pick my accelerastion spurts carefully right now as to avoid thatLOL.
One of the 6 clutches, and if so how about the 7 clutch uipgrade or is this with manual only?
To return the LOL favor,had a 1991 Ford taurus with a powerband from hell(140 hp/189lbs torque)which was fun for about 6 seconds but anyway,I floored it next to a nice souped up older 68-69 camaro,then he floored it.I Had the lead from 30mph to about 55-60mph but only by a nose, and then KABOOM!HIS ENGINE BLEW!Lots of sparks flying from underneath his hood.Quiet a fireworks display.While at first thought this is funny, Im sure he wasn't too happy, and i didn't stay to find out.(I guess mayby what i'm trying to say is at least your motor didn't blow.
Can the car still act semi-normal (i guess it can) but just shift differently and with gobs less power due to tc problem w/out throwing CEL/MIL?In your opinion.
P.S. do u drivge your rs6 in winter?Being Wher u are?

Yes car would be normal 50% of the time...so when i lined up i had no idea whether I was going to get RS6 or 4.2 A6....annoying as hell. Once it was fixed it has been fine in the 3 years since as i got the trans early rather than waiting till it did take out boost.

Yes in Chicago its my only car at the moment and my daily so yep it does excellent winter duty with proper snow tires (dunlop wintersport M3s in my case on OEM wheels). I have had the car out on some of our 6 to 8 in dump nights with no issues. gets through everything with complete stability and confidence.

mmaturo
October 12th, 2009, 06:22

Not to be a pain but I still tend to be right with the trans/TC comment. I hear of fewer MAF or o2 sensor failures than the actual cause being the TC in the end. Over 4 years of boost loss posts of people going through everything only to find it was trans related. In my case 4 TC 3 trans 0 MAF, DV, O2, or any other boost failure other than a loose hose clamp after a trans drop.

I think people when they post need to be very descriptive of the problem they are having and the collective knowledge of failures here will figure it out as it seems to be the same hand full of issues on every RS6, beyond needing logs etc. If someone can describe the exact noise they hear and precisely what they are doing when it occurs i think i can identify the suspension component failing for instance (whether links, bars, control arms, steering rack mount, DRC).

hahnmgh63
October 12th, 2009, 09:04
mmaturo, do you know what the failures were with your trans? Just TQ or actual trans problems?

mmaturo
October 12th, 2009, 14:56
mmaturo, do you know what the failures were with your trans? Just TQ or actual trans problems?

First time just TC, however 3 weeks later trans went (it cooked itself, not sure what gave out (seals maybe) but it did smell toasted and i could tell i was loosing first gear. 2 other trans replacements it was both failing. Never really asked exactly what went but it was never anything like a definite gear dropping out but rather slipping under acceleration and not engaging into gear properly especially on downshifts and in particular when coming to a stop in first it would shift to 'neutral' but not engage first for a significant time period.

DHall1
October 12th, 2009, 15:07
A proper subject title and description of the exact problem will go a long way.

Then log block 115 showing requested/actual boost.

That alone will rule out or leave in the TC or trans as a potential.

Get that hammered in the collective heads and we have a winner.

:cool2: