PDA

View Full Version : Got my beast back,, but something wrong guys!!

vangelis
October 10th, 2009, 07:44
Hi All,, I've got my car back after repair from accident I had sometime back,, The car running actually same like before and looks very nice,, will post some photos very soon.
However, I took it to an even yesterday where you can free dyno your car and I got a very bad results 286 HP :vgrumpy:

I've attached the results report here and I'm right now uploading the video to youtube. Now, I relaized that my car have a problem since day one becuase on the roads its performaning the same like before. I think also these guys on dyno are professionals, they have done a lot of cars on this and I've seen a lot of serious HPs, I'll upload the video also from Lambo gallardo twin-turbo showing 999.7 HP, that lambo was right after me on the dyno. So, nothing wrong with the dyno or the guys using it. I'm sure that is the right results. I will arrange to get the report from block 115 soon via VAG and post it here for more analysis.

Shoppinit
October 10th, 2009, 08:33
Seems to be a common problem at the moment. That much power down, it's *got* to be boosting issues - something pulling the boost. Could be anything at this stage. Need to see your boost logs.

Lupo911
October 10th, 2009, 19:15
check your Intercooler

vangelis
October 10th, 2009, 20:28
Here is the video for the dyno :doh: :vgrumpy::nana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RzfUWds4Fg

vangelis
October 10th, 2009, 20:32
Today I was telling one of my friends who have a workshop in Dubai about this issue and he told me it might be a TC problem since I'm facing a problems with TC recently and some slipping and also VAG showing an error with the TC. But is that possible to lose all that much of power because of TC!!!

If there any leak with the Intercoolers can also cause loosing that much of power!!

mmaturo
October 10th, 2009, 21:36
Today I was telling one of my friends who have a workshop in Dubai about this issue and he told me it might be a TC problem since I'm facing a problems with TC recently and some slipping and also VAG showing an error with the TC. But is that possible to lose all that much of power because of TC!!!

If there any leak with the Intercoolers can also cause loosing that much of power!!

Yes as I post every time someone mentions power loss it could be the TC/trans...how do i know...i'm on my 4th and its been the cause. If you are getting a fault then it probably is it. When it senses too much boost/torque it will shut the turbos down.

Shoppinit
October 10th, 2009, 22:58
+1. Gearbox will pull the turbos everytime if it's failing. Group 115 will tell you.

DHall1
October 11th, 2009, 05:46
KISS

Check log block 115. Then we can go to the next step.

vangelis
October 11th, 2009, 14:24
Here is the video for that lambo twin-turbo did the dyno after me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7n5SeLMj8

vangelis
October 12th, 2009, 19:34
Hi guys, its my first time to get a log through VAG, so i think i did a mistake and this log was only for the car when it was idle although I did rounds while VAG is connected but no idea why it didn't log them, will try tomorrow or after to get another log. Anyway here is what I have got today,, appreciate your help in understand this log and see what I've wrong in my beast.

Shoppinit
October 12th, 2009, 19:46
Nothing wrong with this log... Car is idling. Zero boost request, zero boost received :) Result!

What version of VCDS are you using?

BenA
October 12th, 2009, 19:55
Yes as I post every time someone mentions power loss it could be the TC/trans...how do i know...i'm on my 4th and its been the cause. If you are getting a fault then it probably is it. When it senses too much boost/torque it will shut the turbos down.

Newbie question of the Thread: If the TC (or anything else for that matter) "shuts down" the turbos, would I still be able to hear them? I can hear my turbos, so I assume they are "working" even though they might not be providing requested boost (or it's leaking out somewhere else). OR if some code is "shutting down" turbos, would I not even be able to hear them spinning?

Shoppinit
October 12th, 2009, 19:57
Yes, because exhaust gasses would still be turning them to a certain extent. The wastegate can't divert it all.

vangelis
October 14th, 2009, 21:11
Here is another log got it today,, I had the same problem again that VAG didn't overwrite the file, so half of first run only taken,, hope you can figure out something from it. Thanks again all for the help.

Shoppinit
October 14th, 2009, 21:20
Well, at first glance, your car is asking for boost, and quite a lot of it. Is your car modified? It's getting boost, too, but not very quickly. 2 seconds from asking for 1900 until it gets it. This would suggest a boost leak, but the N75 isn't working that hard. Weird.

This is very interesting because your car is seriously down on power despite boost pressure levels more or less being achieved.

Maybe they didn't give your car enough time on WOT to get a proper power reading on the rolling road.

Unless the rolling road is incorrect - did you see any other 4x4 on it?

You could log the road speed / time and do some acceleration runs to see what times you're getting.

Shoppinit
October 14th, 2009, 21:21
I also think that you are logging too many things - this slows down VCDS. Most of the stuff we're not interested in, and some of the stuff that we are interested in isn't there. I'd quite like to see fueling and lambda correction values.

vangelis
October 14th, 2009, 21:47
Thanks a lot Shoppinit for the comments,, actually yes, I had my ECU chipped in ABT. Rolling road is the dyno u mean? yes, I've seen one Lambo twin-trubo quattro also throwing 1000 whp right after my turn, link to the video is attaced up. I'm not sure what is wrong, I will take some other logs without all that extra info,, will keep only the boost, fueling and lambda correction values and speed. Thanks again, will post that logs as soon as possible.

DHall1
October 15th, 2009, 02:40
To start things off....

Log rpm/throttle/boost only.

Log a full rpm load in say 2nd or 3rd gear only. Take 2 or 3 pulls with logs. Then we can see a pattern.

You are boosting but its hard to see if lag exists due to the lack of samples

Then post up your results

vangelis
October 15th, 2009, 07:15
To start things off....

Log rpm/throttle/boost only.

Log a full rpm load in say 2nd or 3rd gear only. Take 2 or 3 pulls with logs. Then we can see a pattern.

You are boosting but its hard to see if lag exists due to the lack of samples

Then post up your results

Thanks DHall1 for this info,, I will arrange these logs asap,, but I was wondering what could cause the lag, if exist?!!

Shoppinit
October 15th, 2009, 08:02
Boost leak (hoses, intercooler), N75, DVs, N249

vangelis
October 15th, 2009, 08:24
Boost leak (hoses, intercooler), N75, DVs, N249

Turbo Hoses has replaced with Venair High Performance Silicon hoses and for sure they have no leak, Intercoolers just checked up and no leak also. DVs has been replaced with 2x Hyperboost DVs.

what is the N75 & N249 please?

Shoppinit
October 15th, 2009, 19:15
N75 is the solenoid that activates the wastegate (controls boost level).

N249 is the solenoid that activates the DVs using vacuum.

How did you check the intercoolers? New ones have been known to start leaking after 100 miles.