PDA

View Full Version : Revo review

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 10th, 2009, 06:00
:mech:Revo review. With all this talk of Sema 2009 and Grizz, I decided to go get the Revo 5 hour flash. James from ACG in San Diego told me that with California's bad 91 octane fuel he could get me about 500hp and another 100 lbs of torque. A side note, Dave you trailered your RS6 in from AZ and as such had good 93 octane in yours. Another reason other than me running A/C and ESP that you were a little bit faster than me on the way to Julian.
I figured how much faster can this beast be? When I first got it I thought "this is almost too much power"... I got used to it. Well, wait for it...OMG!!!
As Joachim puts it, stock is jerky until the turbos kick in then it's off.
Now with the Revo it's very quick and smooth with the added torque up until the turbos kick in then it's like a pair of JATO rockets igniting.
On the technical side. I was running with the windows down and could here some engine knocking. James told me he set the parameters to Boost 6, Fuel 9, and timing 3.
Now I read over at Audi World that boost should be 5. That might make a difference with pre detonation. I might try adding about 3oz of Acetone to the fuel and see if this ceases the knock issue.
Hope this has been helpful, and damn what a rush.
Oh in case you haven't figured, if Grizz doesn't do flashes I'm getting the permanent Revo flash. I may just bring the boost down to 5.