PDA

View Full Version : Any similar situations?/Comments appreciated

Ebony rs6
October 10th, 2009, 01:09
Just went through 5 weeks of lost power, and continues to plague the car.Qual. mech said did not feel the stock 11 boost which I was aware of.This is adifferent place than where the service work was performed on the car that drained power in the first place(no luck there and to not complain about terrible service and unqualified dishonest I will say no more.)

The qualified mech unplugged the ecu and back in.That basically was it as no map lights and no codes anywhere(though thre were a couple stored in the system that were cleared on the previous service.N80 valve replaced due to codes pointed in that direction.No map no codes after this point foward.

Well to the boost, 100% at well over 15 pegged the 15psi boost gauge at about 3000 rpm and consistent gas mileage like it was when more power,consistent meaning 6.2mpg in 2nd at 40 mph.Full power wow.Car was cutting in and out at 4000 and up,but did get better over 5 day period until cut in and out gone all completely, though at 80 mph with just over slight throttle shaking of whole car, rear end front end, like car wasn;t accepting totally the power, but floor it and all ok, but sulfur smell once then never again.

So I took back to mech. and he monitored and drove and checked for codes and none.Not only that car had no 80 mph problem.Drove all that night key on and off like normally and pow!No power again, and under stock.Funny thing is, the car drives ok just like a stock 4.2 v8(althouhj idle is not 100% and no misfires, idle still seemed not correct though when power all there and then some)just no turbos like the ecu tricked the car for a week for the most part and then shut down again.
I just today after 1 year got the info on flash, as I CANNOT figure this out yet.
The info is MTM 510HP tune.Ecu was sent out when car was new(I purchased with 40k miles)The only thinh I can think of other than getting suggestions here, is finding locally MTM to review.I have heard something about software being able to shut off or disable map lights and codes as they would be thrown all the time from the added boost pressure.

Anybody relate or have some helpful suggestions:rs6kiss:
2003- RS6- Ebony black pearl
Black int. w/white trim
Carbon fiber int.
Black sound enhancing exhaust
Dahlback racing diverter valves
MTM stage 1?510 HP

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 10th, 2009, 06:14
just a thought, Clogged Cats?

Shoppinit
October 10th, 2009, 08:37
I have heard something about software being able to shut off or disable map lights and codes as they would be thrown all the time from the added boost pressure.
This is true, but I'd be surprised if MTM would disable any important DTCs. Can you log the boost, etc and post it here?

A lot of this goign around at the moment!

Swineflu for cars :p

Ebony rs6
October 11th, 2009, 00:47
thanx for reply.I was told that due to no codes that this would be like shooting in the dark.Was thinking of replacing o2's and n75 and diverter valves and in process opening up to check cats for clog.Coils too, although again was told that with no indicators other than total loss of power in the engine and trans, that a code or misfire or anything would have to happen to be able to have a reference point.Suggestion was to track down flash installers which I did, but do not see how by sending out ecu and tcu would help.At this point no one can seem to fix or help.I seem stuck.The only thing I can think of now is timing belt, but again no misfires.To me there seems like there should be somewhere or somebody that is highly intelligent and highly qualified to figure this out for me.Havbe been to 2 dealerships and 1 motorsportd factory with no sucess.How can the car run so good as good mas any other with such less power stumps me.Too good of safety system or?????Boost logs were not printed and given to me.Is this something that would still be stored in motorsports pc???

Ebony rs6
October 11th, 2009, 01:04
This is true, but I'd be surprised if MTM would disable any important DTCs. Can you log the boost, etc and post it here?

A lot of this goign around at the moment!

Swineflu for cars :p

Is boost log something that would still be stored in motorsports pc?I thought this was irrelevant due to full power coming back when disconnecting ecu, full flashed power that is,but then again even touhj engine power was back the strength of trans. was not.Very evident.Gearbox oil was changed at last dealership(place where the mystery happened and wont stand behind there work,my problem now I guess.
As tearing apart motor is last option as ther are no guarantee this would cure, I am at a crossroad as I use the car for business.
Again everything checks ok,m isnt this1 strange??
MTM in FL is where flashing took place.
My options-timing belt(should do anyway)
Go look toward flashing comp?
Get audi to buy back the car(very hard for me to say as I loved the car before this happened,but what does one do in a situation like this,or what can 1 do.Signed ver frustrated one:vhmmm:

mmaturo
October 11th, 2009, 06:14
Is boost log something that would still be stored in motorsports pc?I thought this was irrelevant due to full power coming back when disconnecting ecu, full flashed power that is,but then again even touhj engine power was back the strength of trans. was not.Very evident.Gearbox oil was changed at last dealership(place where the mystery happened and wont stand behind there work,my problem now I guess.
As tearing apart motor is last option as ther are no guarantee this would cure, I am at a crossroad as I use the car for business.
Again everything checks ok,m isnt this1 strange??
MTM in FL is where flashing took place.
My options-timing belt(should do anyway)
Go look toward flashing comp?
Get audi to buy back the car(very hard for me to say as I loved the car before this happened,but what does one do in a situation like this,or what can 1 do.Signed ver frustrated one:vhmmm:

lol...man this sounds like me 4 years ago...i.e. hand car back to Audi...its your torque converter...do not keep replacing other parts WASTE OF TIME and timing belts have ZERO to do with it. Your TC is telling the ECU it is getting too much boost/torque and shutting it down. Replace it and all will be good. 78K and never replaced DV, 02 or anything else similar to fix the turbo shut down issue. Just 4 transmissions.

Ebony rs6
October 11th, 2009, 07:13
Wow just read your response and did before this sent u another message(got ahead of myself)You just made my night.Question I have for u is did u wait to see a code or did u have replaced ot of pocket?It has been a while now without power(turbo power anyway(reason for purchase or would have been the lesser but new BMW 530xi)I don't know how much longer I can Put up with(did purchase the extendo warranty)

mmaturo
October 12th, 2009, 06:04
Wow just read your response and did before this sent u another message(got ahead of myself)You just made my night.Question I have for u is did u wait to see a code or did u have replaced ot of pocket?It has been a while now without power(turbo power anyway(reason for purchase or would have been the lesser but new BMW 530xi)I don't know how much longer I can Put up with(did purchase the extendo warranty)

The first time i was like you where no one could figure out why i was losing boost at two dealerships, then after 2 months of attempts to fix various things the TC finally threw a code. Well since then i have known the symptoms so i just take it in have them check the trans/TC and sure enough they can tell it is shot anyway. My advice since you do have a warranty (mine were all warranty CPO repairs) is take it in and ask them to check over the TC and trans. That it is shifting rough, (in particular into first coming to a stop it hunts then clunks) slipping (which happens in several gears where revs seems plain out at 4000 rpm not shift and not move either (or a slip before it does shift under full acceleration), and you are loosing boost. All of which are symptoms.

Ebony rs6
October 13th, 2009, 09:57
The first time i was like you where no one could figure out why i was losing boost at two dealerships, then after 2 months of attempts to fix various things the TC finally threw a code. Well since then i have known the symptoms so i just take it in have them check the trans/TC and sure enough they can tell it is shot anyway. My advice since you do have a warranty (mine were all warranty CPO repairs) is take it in and ask them to check over the TC and trans. That it is shifting rough, (in particular into first coming to a stop it hunts then clunks) slipping (which happens in several gears where revs seems plain out at 4000 rpm not shift and not move either (or a slip before it does shift under full acceleration), and you are loosing boost. All of which are symptoms.

Buying a VAG,and hope that I see a code soon for anything as that will most likely lead to or fix.Right now only symptom is very late downshift to first in drive,much more brake to stop,but it will downshift smoothly,also in every gear.My pads just from normal driving are shot after 1 month because of this.Car is also running too rich even in loss mode,and can tell because had the fuel system cleaned.Still possible?that the trans service was not correct and ...who knows without guessing I think still.It did happen at service and 18 miles they drove car,and gave it back to me like that,als not willing to look at.After the fact i found out that this dealership is known for this.Only 3 in wisc.Took a shot :lovl:
Think if i vag it i can get a highly intelligent person to figure the engine part out,but with no code and tc(car not transfering power and torque)I would have to make some serious calls to somone high up in the division.Can't it be like requested boost and horsepower and pressuure and fuel that could tell wether engine part or d-train.Guess not.Vag-and will post.:)