PDA

View Full Version : Rotors on StaSis BBK- I was told by

MaxRS6
October 7th, 2009, 21:02
Audi dealer it is time to replace my StaSis front brake rotors. I called a StaSis dealer and and I'm being told that I have to take the current rotors off and send them to StaSis. StaSis will rebuild and then send them back to me. Obviously, this would mean the car would be idle during the process.:doh:

Is this normal? I assumed I would be able to simply purchase new rotors and have them shipped to me. I've asked the StaSis dealer to contact StaSis about simply selling me a new set of rotors. Any other options?

TIA

Spidercat
October 7th, 2009, 22:12
Buy a new set of rotors from StaSis and swap them out for the ones on your car. Send the old ones back to StaSis to be turned if they are still in spec. If the rotors are worn too much to be resurfaced, you'd need new ones anyway.

When you get your next brake job (which we know will be sooner than you think), bring the refinished ones with you and swap out again. This will minimize down-time. I HATE down time.
My 2 cents.

ben916
October 7th, 2009, 22:24
Buy a new set of rotors from StaSis and swap them out for the ones on your car. Send the old ones back to StaSis to be turned if they are still in spec. If the rotors are worn too much to be resurfaced, you'd need new ones anyway.

When you get your next brake job (which we know will be sooner than you think), bring the refinished ones with you and swap out again. This will minimize down-time. I HATE down time.
My 2 cents.

+1 and not trying to spend your $,$$$ for you :hihi:

Amulet-S6
October 7th, 2009, 23:41
To avoid the down time, you'd have to purchase new friction rings and hats so you'd have a complete second set of "rotors"

AudiRS4ever
October 8th, 2009, 00:50
You could also call Phil at Alcon USA. I think we have the same BBK, as it's the only one they sell for the RS6. Anyway, when Stassis screwed up my pads so royaly I ended up calling Alcon and got Phil. He was great and sent to the right people for pads. As far as the rotors, they might be able to just sell them to you directly.

MaxRS6
October 8th, 2009, 01:25

My 2 cents.

StaSis dealer is working on shipping me out a new set of rotors (with the rings and hats) and then I'll send in the current ones to be resurfaced if possible. If they can't be resurfaced, I'll buy a second set to have on hand for the next time. I should have thought of this earlier and not waited "until they were needed".

I appreciate everyone's comments and input!

MaxRS6
October 8th, 2009, 02:24
You could also call Phil at Alcon USA. I think we have the same BBK, as it's the only one they sell for the RS6. Anyway, when Stassis screwed up my pads so royaly I ended up calling Alcon and got Phil. He was great and sent to the right people for pads. As far as the rotors, they might be able to just sell them to you directly.

and thx for the input. I'm not sure why I titled it as StaSis BBK other than I'm a flippin idjit at times....:doh: