PDA

View Full Version : Sema 2009

grizz
October 4th, 2009, 09:15
So guys , who's going ??

I'll be in Vegas from the 31st October until the 6th November..:jlol: :cheers:

Sorry I'm NOT bringing any tools ... so no road side drc or turbo swap out's..:mech:

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx?ID=/content/SEMASHOWcom/HomePage

hahnmgh63
October 4th, 2009, 14:46
I've got the link saved on my computer already so I've been thinking about it. Although I'll fly in if I do and leave the RS6 at home.

DHall1
October 4th, 2009, 17:24
Grizz,

Any chance you wish to flash tune any cars?

You could fit your laptop very easy.

:hahahehe:

So guys , who's going ??

I'll be in Vegas from the 31st October until the 6th November..:jlol: :cheers:

Sorry I'm NOT bringing any tools ... so no road side drc or turbo swap out's..:mech:

http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx?ID=/content/SEMASHOWcom/HomePage

DuckWingDuck
October 4th, 2009, 18:39
Haha, I'll bring the tools!! If we get a group together, I might swing out for a day or two.

DHall1
October 4th, 2009, 18:48
Greg,

Get a group together. We will find a driving route in the mountains.

I will bring the motorhome and trailer and host lunch for the gang out on the route. (errrr, the wife can host lunch for the group) :-)

Grizz-bring laptop and flash tools and we will make a real deal of it with a RS6 drive in the mountains and party.

I am up for it. We will just need to confirm crappy US gas with UK flash tables for timing maps and fuel maps.

Haha, I'll bring the tools!! If we get a group together, I might swing out for a day or two.

V8weight
October 4th, 2009, 18:49
I'll drive out for that.:revs:

DHall1
October 4th, 2009, 18:53
Really?

Thats it. Lets get it done.

I'll drive out for that.:revs:

V8weight
October 4th, 2009, 19:00
Seriously, times are rough, I could use a mental health trip.

grizz
October 4th, 2009, 19:52
No work just beer & cars.... I've booked tickets for the LVMS to see the NHRA nation finals....... We dont get to see 3.8 second 1/4's back home ...

Spidercat
October 4th, 2009, 19:54
Grizz,
Seriously, though, that's a great idea. Bring your laptop, flash a couple cars, and write it off as a business expense for tax purposes if you weren't planning to already. Although I have know idea what the tax laws are in the UK...
Uh oh...did I just light the fuse on Hall? ; )

Erik
October 4th, 2009, 20:45
I wish...have fun!

DHall1
October 4th, 2009, 20:49
:harass:I got that!

Cash from my hands to Grizz has no VAT tax.

Grizz,
Seriously, though, that's a great idea. Bring your laptop, flash a couple cars, and write it off as a business expense for tax purposes if you weren't planning to already. Although I have know idea what the tax laws are in the UK...
Uh oh...did I just light the fuse on Hall? ; )

cornishmoocher
October 4th, 2009, 21:33
The man needs a holiday!

(good idea tho ;))

ben916
October 5th, 2009, 02:50
I just took a barometer of the wife going to Vegas to meet the RS6 boys and she was all over it!!! There wasn't a millisecond of hesitation.

DALLAS_RS6
October 5th, 2009, 04:27
I'll be there Tuesday thru Thursday not taking the car though.

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 5th, 2009, 05:29
BEN916, I'll turn the PSS9's down to 1 so your GF doesn't pee blood and you can take it out to LV for flashing. David is Grizz's flash better than REVO can he do a TCU mod also?

DHall1
October 5th, 2009, 06:40
I would say its better and he can remap the TCU.

All with the reflash....no chips.

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 5th, 2009, 14:39
WELL, it looks like if Grizz will do it then Ben has a ride to LV.
Dave, with the way DVN and DVNJM looks to bounce this AM it will pay for it too. I love the Genesis wave.

DHall1
October 5th, 2009, 15:05

That tiger is running. Hang on

WELL, it looks like if Grizz will do it then Ben has a ride to LV.
Dave, with the way DVN and DVNJM looks to bounce this AM it will pay for it too. I love the Genesis wave.

SAF
October 5th, 2009, 17:47
I'm lazy... Can someone post a link with details? I may be on the road from CA to TX with the UrQ around then!

DHall1
October 5th, 2009, 18:37
This is the link. Were working on potential details and who is who.

LV is only a 5hr drive for me....ditto for the folks in So Cal. If we get a good group together....we could have a good time. There are mtns just outside of LV...should be some good roads up there.

It would be nice to meet Grizz. It would be nicer if 5 RS6 members bring cars and Grizz puts on a tuning show. :hahahehe: I know its holiday of sorts but a tuner is a tuner. If 4 or 5 cars are sitting there to be tuned....a tuner does what a tuner does.

:cool2:

I'm lazy... Can someone post a link with details? I may be on the road from CA to TX with the UrQ around then!

SAF
October 5th, 2009, 18:43
Nevermind, I found it in the first post. Doh.

ben916
October 5th, 2009, 20:14
ben916, i'll turn the pss9's down to 1 so your gf doesn't pee blood and you can take it out to lv for flashing. David is grizz's flash better than revo can he do a tcu mod also?

ĦĦĦdeal!!!!

DonS
October 5th, 2009, 20:44
Dang, 1710 miles from my house to Las Vegas. Grizz, are you laying-over in Chicago...?

grizz
October 5th, 2009, 21:15
Chester to las vegas = 5060.47 miles....

Yep were stopping at chicago on the way.....

V8weight
October 5th, 2009, 23:51
Dang, 1710 miles from my house to Las Vegas. Grizz, are you laying-over in Chicago...?
Don, meet me in St. Paul and we can have an RS6 convoy. 1672 miles for me.

Benman
October 6th, 2009, 00:44
ĦĦĦdeal!!!!

Well Ben, your wife is all set to sample some RS 6s. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

uberrs6
October 6th, 2009, 01:24
I'm in Phoenix too. I will drive to Vagas for that! How do you get into SEMA. I thought it was for people in the industry?

DHall1
October 6th, 2009, 01:52
It is for industry and small business. We could inquire to members that are going and maybe purchase tickets under their stores. I have been so SEMA two times. Lots of fun and lots of "hotties". Oh...did I say that.

I'm in Phoenix too. I will drive to Vagas for that! How do you get into SEMA. I thought it was for people in the industry?

DuckWingDuck
October 6th, 2009, 02:44
haha, sounds like it's quickly coming together. Let me try to block out the time and try to make it out my damned self!

ben916
October 6th, 2009, 04:03
Yeah, if there was a gaggle of RS6's attending, who know's... GRIZZ might need some help with things...

ben916
October 6th, 2009, 04:03
Well Ben, your wife is all set to sample some RS 6s. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Thank you, WIFE is correct.... not GF....:hihi:

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 6th, 2009, 06:38
"Sorry":snow:

Spidercat
October 6th, 2009, 06:55
Thank you, WIFE is correct.... not GF....:hihi:

Did your GF already have plans?
I saw a couple decent RS6s on eBay when I was looking around for H&R springs. Were you looking for stock or already modded? What mileage? Color?
I could pm you if I see one.

ben916
October 6th, 2009, 07:09
NP on wife/gf thing...CSTQ

Did your GF already have plans?

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...

R1
October 6th, 2009, 08:34
how i wish i'm closer in vegas :vgrumpy:

hey guys you can swing by & relax at "Rehab" after the tuning :hahahehe:

terrytcl
October 6th, 2009, 23:05
did someone say Grizz in Chicago?

V8weight
October 7th, 2009, 23:55
So is anyone going out for the show? I've thought this through and have come up with a list of pros and cons to driving the beast out. It would be cool to meet up with the group and do some runs out in the mountains. I also have free lodging available at the Polo Towers on the strip. Unfortunately, I can only acquire 2 Sema passes through my shop as that's all that they allow. When I leave MN, I will be at about 70k miles, meaning by the time I get back I will be due for my timing belt service. Also, I am currently running Michelin PS2's, and I'm unsure of whether it would be wise to drive out with my summer tires that time of year and risk getting stranded half way back. :confused:

DHall1
October 8th, 2009, 00:16
Good points.

2 routes. 1 if by mountains....2 if by flatlands. Clear roads then drive thru Colorado on 70....bad roads then thru AZ on 40 and up on 25. I have driven them all many times.

Timing belt is good point but your going to do it either way.

So is anyone going out for the show? I've thought this through and have come up with a list of pros and cons to driving the beast out. It would be cool to meet up with the group and do some runs out in the mountains. I also have free lodging available at the Polo Towers on the strip. Unfortunately, I can only acquire 2 Sema passes through my shop as that's all that they allow. When I leave MN, I will be at about 70k miles, meaning by the time I get back I will be due for my timing belt service. Also, I am currently running Michelin PS2's, and I'm unsure of whether it would be wise to drive out with my summer tires that time of year and risk getting stranded half way back. :confused:

DHall1
October 8th, 2009, 00:18
Grizz,

Is there any chance you would be willing to flash cars while your here? Can it even be done without your shop?

Pleeze......

grizz
October 8th, 2009, 20:17
Guys , The code we use on uk cars will have to be altered for the us ..

The good news is that James from Custom-code might be over for sema as well..

DHall1
October 8th, 2009, 20:59
The question is this.

Can we make this happen?

Would James like to open up US market share?

We can get 4-6 RS6s to SEMA for a custom code US tune session.

Same question again, does James want to open up US market share?

I know what my answers would be.

Guys , The code we use on uk cars will have to be altered for the us ..

The good news is that James from Custom-code might be over for sema as well..

Rez0n8r
October 10th, 2009, 01:24
There is a good chance I can make this meet. I'm going to be relocating to San Diego in the next two weeks, hopefully the timing will come together.

The question is this.

Can we make this happen?

Would James like to open up US market share?

We can get 4-6 RS6s to SEMA for a custom code US tune session.

Same question again, does James want to open up US market share?

I know what my answers would be.

ben916
October 10th, 2009, 02:44
There is a good chance I can make this meet. I'm going to be relocating to San Diego in the next two weeks, hopefully the timing will come together.

PERFECT!!!

where abouts?

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 10th, 2009, 06:10
Good, If RezOn8r comes out, that will replace the one just sold in San Diego. On my way home tonight I in my blue RS6 ran into Sean in his Black RS6. So a shout out to Sean and meeting up for a SD get together of RSers.

Lupo911
October 10th, 2009, 08:15
Grizz, I will be arround...

Rez0n8r
October 10th, 2009, 17:46
Looks like either Poway or RB.

PERFECT!!!

where abouts?

grizz
October 25th, 2009, 15:45
Well guys I'll be over with you in 7 days......

ben916
October 26th, 2009, 20:23
bump!

AUDI5000CSTQ, what time should I pick your PSS9-altered-from-9-to-1-for-the-comfort-featured-ride-to-VEGAS ??? Do I have to sign a waiver? responsibility agreement?? LEFT one or RIGHT one?

AUDI5000CSTQ
October 27th, 2009, 01:22
Ben is Grizz going to do the mods? The RS still has 3+1/2 hours on the REVO test mod, Sould get you most of the way to LV. PM or call DWD has my #.

DuckWingDuck
October 27th, 2009, 01:27
damn, so what's the current status on the sema group? I may have a scheduling conflict. Bleah....

grizz
October 27th, 2009, 08:31
Guy's ,
The tune I use in the uk will not work well for you due to your poor fuel..I'm speaking to custom-code to see if they are going over as well ....

hahnmgh63
October 27th, 2009, 14:40
As was talked about in another thread our fuel is actually about the same as yours. About 95~98 RON depending on where in the states you are for premium. The Octane listed on our pumps is RON+MON/2, that is why our appears much lower than yours. It is the method of labeling, not the fuel in most cases. There are a few states out there with 90~91 R+M/2 fuel but most are 92~93 R+M/2 which is closer to 97~98 RON. We don't have the Ultimate Super 100RON around here unless you go to a few real specialty stations that have 100 R+M/2 Unleaded which is about 105 RON, but is real expensive.

DHall1
October 27th, 2009, 15:27
Grizz,

Bring your laptop and lets do some testing with the tune and then Vag-com the results.

I cannot come up for the NHRA event this weekend but still have openings next week.

What do you think?

Guy's ,
The tune I use in the uk will not work well for you due to your poor fuel..I'm speaking to custom-code to see if they are going over as well ....

ben916
October 28th, 2009, 17:23
http://www.pacdudegames.com/fail/

snoopra
December 2nd, 2009, 03:16
Grizz, how was SEMA? R U guys finished with the CC tune for US 93 R+M/2 octane?