PDA

View Full Version : Repair update..

Hy Octane
October 1st, 2009, 18:31
Well, took her in on Monday for new gas tank and DRC recall..
I asked the SA to check everything on the suspension and rear end while it was out..
They found that in addition to the gas tank and associated parts, the secondary fuel pump was shot..Yet another part on this car that hasnt lasted..

Heres a tip..
There are 2 bushings on the rear diff that crack and cause a looseness feel in the drivetrain area.. This is the second time they have been replaced in two years...
Suggest everyone askes their techs to look at these during the next service..

Also, it has been shown that tire wear was significantly increased due to the DRC collapsing and causing premature inner wear.. This along with premature control arms wear which become deformed due to added stress from DRC failures..
I have asked Audi to replace the tires and control arms as part of this recall..
We'll see..
Last note..
It appears that for all of our bad experiences with Audi of America techs, a small team of experts from the USA actually won the international contest to see who has the best Audi techs..
AoA beat out Germany and every other country that entered.

"Audi of North America took 1st place in the international competition of the Twin Cup Challenge, competing against 61 teams from 35 countries, at the event hosted in Neckarsulm, Germany.
The team of three Service Consultants and three Technicians were tested on their combined knowledge and skill set in vehicle diagnostics, best service practices and product knowledge. The testing and scoring is evaluated as a team unit, emphasizing the working relationship between the Service Consultants and Technicians to achieve Top Service."

Just what we needed, eh?

Spidercat
October 1st, 2009, 19:33
Did it say at which dealerships these ubertechs work?

MaxRS6
October 1st, 2009, 22:24
Did it say at which dealerships these ubertechs work?

Jeff was part of the reason I decided to purchase my RS from the dealership. He has always shot me straight over the years.

snoopra
October 1st, 2009, 22:28
Thanks for the update. Do you know the part #'s for the rear diff bushings? Is there an aftermaket upgraded/urethane replacement?
Saw this rear diff mount upgrade and was wondering if it was available for the 6. (listed as B4/B5 chassis) http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=1214&osCsid=apb5a6gqg9scaaul9qcf8rhnd5

Spidercat
October 2nd, 2009, 00:04
Jeff was part of the reason I decided to purchase my RS from the dealership. He has always shot me straight over the years.

Hear, Hear, Jeff Massey! :thumb:

Hy Octane
October 2nd, 2009, 19:32
Thanks for the update. Do you know the part #'s for the rear diff bushings? Is there an aftermaket upgraded/urethane replacement?
Saw this rear diff mount upgrade and was wondering if it was available for the 6. (listed as B4/B5 chassis) http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=1214&osCsid=apb5a6gqg9scaaul9qcf8rhnd5

Should be getting her back in a few hours. I'll post back with the bushing part #'s when I get the W/O receipt.

snoopra
October 2nd, 2009, 22:30
Thanks, Hy Oct.

Hy Octane
October 2nd, 2009, 23:31
OK. heres what I have after picking her up..
I had them replace all bushings in the suspension, upper and lower so I'm not sure which of these part #'s is for the shocks or the diff bushings.. but the parts dept can tell you..

4B3-599-285-A MEMBER
4B3-599-125 SUPPORT
4Z7-698-507 REPAIR KIT

This is a good repair as I can already feel a difference in the firmness of the drivetrain.

snoopra
October 3rd, 2009, 01:32
Thanks Hy-O-Silver!:):addict:

DHall1
October 3rd, 2009, 02:04
Wayne.

LOL

:harass:

hahnmgh63
October 3rd, 2009, 02:19
It looks like the part #'s are for the whole mounts w/bushings rather than just replacing the bushings. I guess the shop is too lazy to press out the old ones and press in the new ones even though Audi lists just the bushings separately. If I was Audi I would reject part of the cost of this due to the difference between the complete units and just the bushings. Looks like just the bushings are 4B3599257A x 2 @ $37.05 or the whole mount (4B3599285A) (with bushings @ $161.50 and the other bushing is 4B3599381 x 1 @ $32.21 or the whole mount (4B3599125) with the bushing @ $121.60. Not sure what the repair kit is but it is about $41.

snoopra
October 3rd, 2009, 06:54
4B3-599-285-A -- CROSS MEMBER (connects rear diff to subframe)
4B3-599-125 -- SUPPORT FOR TRANSMISSION (connects to front left side of rear diff)
4Z7-698-507 -- looked everywhere, this is listed as Airspring Repair Kit (for allroad?)
-------
4B3=RS 6
4Z7=Allroad
-----------
Where did this repair kit get installed?