PDA

View Full Version : About pm's - personal messages

Erik
August 26th, 2003, 12:55
I notice some people don't read the pm's I've sent out.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=editoptions

I recommend that you change "Send you an email when you receive a Private Message?" to yes and you will get an e-mail as soon as there is a message for you.

OR

"Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?" to yes.

Makes life easier... :D

(and just so you know, the RS6.com staff cannot read your pms)

nene
August 26th, 2003, 14:53
Sorry Erik, but I don't have any PMs from you. Don't I get one too? I'm so sad now, feeling so not special!

:p

Erik
August 26th, 2003, 16:20
Just a few people got pms, not to worry.

gmbh6
August 26th, 2003, 16:48
Originally posted by Erik
(and just so you know, the RS6.com staff cannot read your pms)

don't know if that is true.........belong to another board where a "piece of crap" web admin was "allegedly" accessing people's pm's.

don't know how true that is though.

Erik
August 26th, 2003, 17:00
Originally posted by thcakid
don't know if that is true.........belong to another board where a "piece of crap" web admin was "allegedly" accessing people's pm's.

don't know how true that is though.

I can only access your pm if I have your password.

And the password can only be found in the log (I think) which I don't have access to. (dstr runs the server, but has no interest in the forum i.e. never online)

That's how it has been explained to me anyhow, but maybe someone who knows vbulletin better than I can help my cause? :)

But I wouldn't have any interest in reading anyone's pm anyway.

Klint
August 26th, 2003, 17:13
I can only access your pm if I have your password.

And the password can only be found in the log (I think) which I don't have access to. (dstr runs the server, but has no interest in the forum i.e. never online)

That's how it has been explained to me anyhow, but maybe someone who knows vbulletin better than I can help my cause? :)

But I wouldn't have any interest in reading anyone's pm anyway.

I wouldn't think anyone else has access to the content of the PMs, but I believe with certain applications on VB, that PMs can be traced...i.e Klint --> Erik on 26/08/03 16:47 and if it was returned, forwarded etc...but none of the content can be read.

:cheers:

gmbh6
August 26th, 2003, 19:08
okay..........well the other board was pretty juvenile (a dj and hip-hop type board) so it was loaded with a bunch of punk kids...........

........these boards are way different, so it doesn't really apply.

I'll delete my original post anyway so as not to start any paranoia.

Erik
August 27th, 2003, 10:27
Paranoia not needed here... :)

gmbh6
August 27th, 2003, 16:10
you can't delete threads after 30 minutes.........that's a new one to me.

Erik
November 5th, 2003, 13:25
Reminder...

A few people still have unread pms.
I can't understand why people ask important things, and then never check the reply? :confused:

Suggestion, edit your options here http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=editoptions
so that you get e-mail notification or pop-up box when you have a pm.

Have a nice day! :cool2:

Benman
November 7th, 2003, 04:18
Reminder...

A few people still have unread pms.
I can't understand why people ask important things, and then never check the reply? :confused:

Suggestion, edit your options here http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=editoptions
so that you get e-mail notification or pop-up box when you have a pm.

Have a nice day! :cool2:
Sorry Erik, but honest to goodness i am not showing ANY unread pms.:confused: Not too sure if i'm that stupid or if there is a glitch in the Matrix:cool2: . Anyway please try to send it again as the last pm i'm showing that i received from you is over a month ago.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Erik
November 7th, 2003, 09:56
Originally posted by Benman
Sorry Erik, but honest to goodness i am not showing ANY unread pms

You don't have any pms from me :)