PDA

View Full Version : Most likely selling

AudiRS4ever
September 29th, 2009, 14:40
Well, my buddy that actually sold me the RS6 told me yesterday that he is most likely selling his RS4. I've owned 3 RS4's and loved them all and think I would rather own that car, especially since his only has 2,800 miles on it. Anyway, I always alert the boards I post on when I am selling one of my cars so anyone on it can get first dibs. I'm won't be positive the RS6 is for sale for a couple of weeks, but can say I'm 90%. Also I'm hoping to find out if I have pie-in-the-sky dreams on this thing or am about right on the price. Here's the specs:

Avus Ext, Black Int.
23,000 miles
2nd Owner
12/03 Production, so one of the last ones
OnStar (Sorry, couldn't resist) :jlol:
Miltek Downpipes and Cats
Miltek Resonated Exhaust
OCT Stage 2 Chip (ECU and TCU)
Hyperboost Diverter Valves
H-Sport Sways
Window Tint
Clear Bra
Audi OEM Aero Wipers
DRC Recall performed
RNS-E
Hardwire for Valentine One
Triple Blink Mod (Love that one) :hahahehe:
Audi Ipod Adapter
LED Tail Lights
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Last 1,000 miles work performed:
Valve Cover Gaskets
Oil Change using Red Line 5w40
Rear Rotors and pads with EBC Reds
Spark Plugs
Air Box rubber seals
Fuel Filter
Brake Switch
Brake Flush with ATE Super Blue
New Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's

The only thing that will not go with the car will be the Alcon front brake kit. I'll be re-installing the stock rotors that have about 4,000 miles on them and putting new EBC Red pads on. Right now the car is doing what it does quite often. Sitting in my climate controlled garage with a trickle charger and another fresh coat of wax. The car has not been driven in the winter, but I do live in CO so the front bumper does have some small pits and the windshield has been peppered some too. I'd rate the car at a 9.5 out of a 10. I'll take pictures later this week. I'm hoping to get mid to upper 30's for it. Thanks!:incar:

DHall1
September 29th, 2009, 15:27
Wow,

This one is too good to pass up. Ben are you watching?

Can you post your direct email address?

Pics?
Ext warranty?

Good luck, I think its a steal at that price.

AudiRS4ever
September 29th, 2009, 16:08
Wow,

Can you post your direct email address?

Pics?
Ext warranty?

Good luck, I think its a steal at that price.

Hall, you were the one I was waiting for the reaction on price. I figured you were either going to tell me that it was priced right, or I was smoking crack. :lovl: Good to know I'm not smoking crack.
I don't have an Ext. Warr. You and I talked about it a few weeks back and I told you that I love the service dept., but won't tolerate the sales dept at my dealership so I just decided not to buy a warranty. If that car needs anything at all I'd be shocked. I'll make sure to take pics either tomorrow or Thurs and post them.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the timing belt was replaced at 17,000 miles.

Direct Email: Chrisfast44@yahoo.com

Like I said, I won't know for a couple of weeks if I'm going to buy the RS4 or not. It's really up to my buddy who is selling it. He is going back and forth right now, but usually once he hints at selling a car he does it. I already committed to it if he does. Thanks Hall!

DHall1
September 29th, 2009, 16:39
Chris,

No worries. I do remember talking about the ext warranty a few weeks back.

I may be interested in the car. What does that tell everyone about price? :deal:

I will email direct.

Dave

Hall, you were the one I was waiting for the reaction on price. I figured you were either going to tell me that it was priced right, or I was smoking crack. :lovl: Good to know I'm not smoking crack.
I don't have an Ext. Warr. You and I talked about it a few weeks back and I told you that I love the service dept., but won't tolerate the sales dept at my dealership so I just decided not to buy a warranty. If that car needs anything at all I'd be shocked. I'll make sure to take pics either tomorrow or Thurs and post them.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the timing belt was replaced at 17,000 miles.

Direct Email: Chrisfast44@yahoo.com

Like I said, I won't know for a couple of weeks if I'm going to buy the RS4 or not. It's really up to my buddy who is selling it. He is going back and forth right now, but usually once he hints at selling a car he does it. I already committed to it if he does. Thanks Hall!

ben916
September 29th, 2009, 18:40
Wow,

Of Course!!!

AudiRS4ever
September 30th, 2009, 02:45
Dave,

I just checked my email and saw that for some reason when I responded to you I put it in my drafts and didn't send it. Anyway, I resent the email so let me know if you don't get the original and 2 more with pictures.
I will post pictures on the forum tomorrow at work. I'm way too tired to resize them tonight and quite frankly, don't even know if I can figure it out.
One correction on my listing. The car does not have 23,000 miles currently. It has 22,000 miles. So does this mean it's worth $10,000 more? I thought it would be. :lovl: Thanks again guys!

AudiRS4ever
September 30th, 2009, 16:44
Okay, as promised here are some pics I took yesterday. They are not great, but you'll get the idea. If anybody needs more detailed pictures or has questions just email me. Thanks!:incar:

AudiRS4ever
September 30th, 2009, 16:47
A couple more. The last one is the best. :applause:

DuckWingDuck
September 30th, 2009, 21:15
rofl@onstar. Why's your light still green though?? I thought onstar completely discontinued service to all rs6s?

and that damned rns-e does look nice.

AudiRS4ever
September 30th, 2009, 22:34
Why is my light still green? Because I have the only RS6 in the world that still has active OnStar. Just kidding. I really have no idea why it is still green. Kind of wish it would go red so it would match the rest of the car at night. Think it has something to do with the backup battery for the system or something like that. Glad you saw the humor in the pic though. :jlol:

ben916
September 30th, 2009, 22:41
very nice!!!!

snoopra
October 1st, 2009, 00:27
Yeah, mine's still green. And I got the same pedals too!

kju
October 1st, 2009, 00:30
if i would live in USA , i would buy it immedeately ! i would give you 27.500 for it :)
but tell me, why changin from RS6 to the RS4 ???

AudiRS4ever
October 1st, 2009, 00:58
if i would live in USA , i would buy it immedeately ! i would give you 27.500 for it :)
but tell me, why changin from RS6 to the RS4 ???

While I appreciate the offer at 27,500 I would keep the car. But you're not in America so it is a moot point. Anyway, nothing wrong with the RS6, but I have always loved the RS4. I've owned 3 of them and every time I start talking about my favorite car I've ever owned (42 and counting) I always come to the RS4. I guess it's just more engaging. Truth be told, the thing that most people like the most about it is what I like the least. The 6-speed. I really wish it was a DSG tranny. That about somes it up.

Oh, I almost forgot the one thing the RS4 won't have that I will really miss. OnStar. :cool2:

DHall1
October 1st, 2009, 07:52
I think kju was joking about the price. Sort of a jab at all of our threads on pricing. I could be wrong. Tell us kju

I can understand the draw to the RS4. I have driven one and really liked it. If I dont buy a R8 then a RS4 may be in the cards for future purchase.

Thats if I dont buy 2 RS6s.

:deal:

While I appreciate the offer at 27,500 I would keep the car. But you're not in America so it is a moot point. Anyway, nothing wrong with the RS6, but I have always loved the RS4. I've owned 3 of them and every time I start talking about my favorite car I've ever owned (42 and counting) I always come to the RS4. I guess it's just more engaging. Truth be told, the thing that most people like the most about it is what I like the least. The 6-speed. I really wish it was a DSG tranny. That about somes it up.

Oh, I almost forgot the one thing the RS4 won't have that I will really miss. OnStar. :cool2:

AudiRS4ever
October 1st, 2009, 14:43
Yeah, I kind of figured he was kidding. I've driven an R8 and it is everything it's cracked up to be, but I really love 4 doors. The only real problem with going back to an RS4 is going to be the fact that I live at over 6,000 feet above sea level, so the RS4 feels like it's making maybe 200 horsepower. The RS6 doesn't have that problem thanks to the mighty turbos. Maybe if this ends up happening I'll be contacting PES for the supercharger. I have a buddy with a B7 S4 that has the stage 2 in it and they have been working with his for quite some time trying to get it to work at this altitude. The good news is they are working on it and not just saying that's the way it is going to be. I have a lot of respect for that company right now and hopefully by the time I decide to do it they'll know how to program the RS4 for altitude. :love2:

DHall1
October 1st, 2009, 17:32
I have been watching the PES as well.

We think along the same lines. :hahahehe:

I wonder if the PES will help in the carbon deposit issue with the direct port engines?

Yeah, I kind of figured he was kidding. I've driven an R8 and it is everything it's cracked up to be, but I really love 4 doors. The only real problem with going back to an RS4 is going to be the fact that I live at over 6,000 feet above sea level, so the RS4 feels like it's making maybe 200 horsepower. The RS6 doesn't have that problem thanks to the mighty turbos. Maybe if this ends up happening I'll be contacting PES for the supercharger. I have a buddy with a B7 S4 that has the stage 2 in it and they have been working with his for quite some time trying to get it to work at this altitude. The good news is they are working on it and not just saying that's the way it is going to be. I have a lot of respect for that company right now and hopefully by the time I decide to do it they'll know how to program the RS4 for altitude. :love2:

sheatisdale
October 2nd, 2009, 16:01
Where were you when I looked for one for 3 months??? I would love this one.
Hope you get it sold and get that RS4 you want.

AudiRS4ever
October 2nd, 2009, 18:01
Where were you when I looked for one for 3 months??? I would love this one.
Hope you get it sold and get that RS4 you want.

Sorry. It always works out that way though. You look and look and finally get maybe your second or third choice and then right after you make your purchase the one you originally wanted becomes available. At least that's the way it happens for me most of the time.
I'm actually not sure that I may not back out of selling the 6. I really am torn about selling it. The more I think about it the less I want to sell it. At first I thought absolutely sell and buy the 4. Then I started thinking about how much money I would end up throwing at the 4 and also how much money I have already thrown at the 6. I really don't know right now. I am going to drive my buddies RS4 for a few days late next week and see what I think after that. I usually just pull the trigger and move on, but since I have to wait for him I keep changing my mind. Oh well...... wish this was the worst problem I had. :vhmmm:

ini
January 9th, 2010, 07:33
sorry for bringing up a old thread...did this sell ??

AudiRS4ever
January 9th, 2010, 16:16
Nope. Decided to hold on to it until Spring and then make a decision. Probably keeping it for a while though. Just put over 5 grand into it last month.

droogie5
January 9th, 2010, 21:37
Mods or repairs? Would a warranty have helped? Currently debating buying one.

AudiRS4ever
January 9th, 2010, 22:15
Mostly mods. Euro seats, big intercoolers, and a Fidelity Warranty. They're good cars for the most part. Good luck.

p3u
January 11th, 2010, 04:17
Mostly mods. Euro seats, big intercoolers, and a Fidelity Warranty. They're good cars for the most part. Good luck.

You should come out with us one night. My friends stage 3+ s4 and your car would be a good race I think.

Bandimere if you have the car this summer, I want to see this beast in action.

sheatisdale
January 12th, 2010, 06:17
Mind if I ask how much the euro seats were? got any pics you can share?

AudiRS4ever
January 12th, 2010, 15:17
Mind if I ask how much the euro seats were? got any pics you can share?

I paid about $2,000 when all was said and done. Not a bad deal for seats that should have been in the car to begin with.

AudiRS4ever
January 12th, 2010, 15:19
You should come out with us one night. My friends stage 3+ s4 and your car would be a good race I think.

Bandimere if you have the car this summer, I want to see this beast in action.

Yeah, I might do that if I still have it. I doubt I'll take it to the drag strip, but I'll try to come out to an event or something. It's a cool car, but part of me still wants another RS4 or an R8 so I don't know what I'll do. I'll keep you guys posted though and if I sell it hopefully somebody on this board gets it. Thanks again for all of the positive feedback. :incar:

AudiRS4ever
January 13th, 2010, 23:23
Alright, so I drove the car to work today. It's been 6 weeks since I brought it out last. Since Ini brought up the old thread here's what I have come up with. I still like the car, but I just don't love it. I really just need to get an R8 and be done with it. Even my friends have told me that. That being said, I'm not going to loose any sleep if it never sells.
I have decided that I will simply say if someone offers the right money on it then it's gone. Otherwise I will probably wait until around April or May and then put it on Auto Trader and Ebay if I still get the urge to sell. I can take more pictures if needed.
Here's what's been added since the original post:

Wagner Intercooler Kit (Includes the Carbon Fiber ducts and delete foglight kit. Also is probably the only RS6 with this kit that still has the factory ducts attached to the wheel liner).
Euro RS6 Seats
Audi BlueTooth
Dead Pedal Upgraded to RS6+ Pedal
Fidelity Platinum Warranty 3 years/ 36,000 miles. $100.00 deductible per visit. 2 years, 11 months remaining.
Car Cover (Thanks Dave!)
Fuel Injector cleaning service
The car currently has 22,410 miles on it.

That's about it for now. Like I said, if it's a good offer then I'll sell. And no matter what I get next I'm never leaving this board unless asked to. This board has some of the best people I've run into so far. Thanks!

eurotunedrs6
January 14th, 2010, 04:25
Very nice car! Mine is on the way or else I may have given you an offer...Good luck on selling it!

AudiRS4ever
January 14th, 2010, 14:22
Very nice car! Mine is on the way or else I may have given you an offer...Good luck on selling it!

Thanks. It is a nice car. Whoever ends up with it shouldn't have to do anything to it. It's as perfect as I could get it.
Forgot that I put in a new battery. That has been added to the list. Here is a complete list so you can look at it all on one page.

Avus Ext, Black Int.
22,410 miles
2nd Owner
12/03 Production, so one of the last ones
OnStar (Sorry, couldn't resist) :jlol:
Miltek Downpipes and Cats
Miltek Resonated Exhaust
OCT Stage 2 Chip (ECU and TCU)
Hyperboost Diverter Valves
H-Sport Sways
Window Tint
Clear Bra
Audi OEM Aero Wipers
DRC Recall performed
RNS-E
Hardwire for Valentine One
Triple Blink Mod (Love that one) :hahahehe:
Audi Ipod Adapter
LED Tail Lights
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Last 1,000 miles work performed:
Valve Cover Gaskets
Oil Change using Red Line 5w40
Rear Rotors and pads with EBC Reds
Spark Plugs
Air Box rubber seals
Fuel Filter
Brake Switch
Brake Flush with ATE Super Blue
New Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's
Audi OEM Battery
Wagner Intercooler Kit (Includes the Carbon Fiber ducts and delete foglight kit. Also is probably the only RS6 with this kit that still has the factory ducts attached to the wheel liner).
Euro RS6 Seats
Audi BlueTooth
N75 Valve
Dead Pedal Upgraded to RS6+ Pedal
Fidelity Platinum Warranty 3 years/ 36,000 miles. $100.00 deductible per visit. 2 years, 11 months remaining.
Car Cover (Thanks Dave!)
Fuel Injector cleaning service

Thanks again! :incar:

droogie5
January 14th, 2010, 15:15
Second that. I looked for a year trying to find a low mile example... best I could find was 34k... finally picking it up today after pulling the trigger in december. Your mod list is just perfect... jealous of those seats, I have no clue where you sourced those!

I have to tell you, I have a friend (riding in his RS6 five years ago is where I caught this virus) who did exactly what you're about to do, ditched the RS6 for an RS4, and ended up regretting it. He misses the odd combo of effortless speed, torque, interior size and general smoothness of the RS6 and actually really doesn't care for the extra attention the RS4 gets from the d-bag/gold digger crowd...

Maybe I can convince my dad to get rid of his beloved original 2.7t and upgrade. Do you have any idea what you need to get out of it?

Any chance you'd part out those seats?

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 15:28
I think we are looking at near 40k for this car.

How does 39,500 sound?

AudiRS4ever
January 14th, 2010, 15:40
Second that. I looked for a year trying to find a low mile example... best I could find was 34k... finally picking it up today after pulling the trigger in december. Your mod list is just perfect... jealous of those seats, I have no clue where you sourced those!

I have to tell you, I have a friend (riding in his RS6 five years ago is where I caught this virus) who did exactly what you're about to do, ditched the RS6 for an RS4, and ended up regretting it. He misses the odd combo of effortless speed, torque, interior size and general smoothness of the RS6 and actually really doesn't care for the extra attention the RS4 gets from the d-bag/gold digger crowd...

Maybe I can convince my dad to get rid of his beloved original 2.7t and upgrade. Do you have any idea what you need to get out of it?Any chance you'd part out those seats?

Droogie,

Thanks for the input. I've had 3 RS4's before and definitely could care less about the attention I do or don't get. If I was after attention I'd drive a BMW M car. I definitely agree that the RS6 is a faster car, but there is just something about the RS4 I like more. I really can't put my finger on it. I think I'm getting an R8 next. Still not sure though.
As far as price goes, I was thinking mid 40's. I could be too high, but unless someone makes a solid offer I'm going to start there. I was trying for high 30's to low 40's before I bought the intercoolers, battery, N75 valve, seats, and warranty. Obviously I won't recover all of it, but some of it.
If I don't get what I want for the car I will probably part the seats. I really hope that the car goes as a whole. I am hoping someone will get it that will appreciate everything I've done to it. And if nobody does then I'll just keep it. Darn..........:lovl:
Anyway, thanks for the positive comment Droogie. I appreciate them.

AudiRS4ever
January 14th, 2010, 15:42
I think we are looking at near 40k for this car.

How does 39,500 sound?

For you Dave, I'd seriously consider it. You've been awesome on this board. And you've turned into a good friend. If you need to burn another 40 grand give me a call, you've got the number. :incar:

DHall1
January 14th, 2010, 16:05
Thanks, I forgot what you have added in just the last couple of months. 42,500 seems more like the number.

You took the risk on the seats and had the luck to work out the deal with the seller in Japan. In the end, not many members are willing to take that risk.

MaxRS6
January 14th, 2010, 16:31
Wow!- That is one nice RS6 and someone will be lucky to acquire it.

Good luck either way!

AudiRS4ever
January 14th, 2010, 18:06
Thanks Max. Someone is going to get a better-than-new car. I appreciate the nice comments.

GBG
January 14th, 2010, 23:48
Hi AudiRS4ever--

If you are seriously considering an R8, then-- unless you need the dough-- I suggest that you keep the RS6 because you will need both cars to be happy! :hihi: An R8 is just too impractical to replace an RS6 (much smaller, not a bad weather car, and probably too delicate to be a DD). I have a 2004 911 turbo that I desperately tried for years to enjoy as a DD. I used it with snow tires for two winters. In the end, it's just too small, too engaging to drive (it's a manual), and to damn "nice" for me to happily use it every day. I save it for the days where I have plenty of energy, no kids to haul (or one kid) and can really enjoy it on a nice windy road or highway.

If, on the other hand, you intend to replace the RS6 with an RS4, well, I think you will ultimately regret it. The smaller interior and the manual transmission-- while great fun-- is just not nearly as practical as the RS6's spacious interior and auto transmission. And, with all of your mods, my guess is that your RS6 would kick a stock RS4 in the ass in nearlry every category!

All that said, your RS6 is a great example, low mileage and great mods, so good luck with whatever you decide to do with it! :0:

GBG

DHall1
January 15th, 2010, 00:13
GBG,

You sound like me. Just wait till he sees our cars with the VMR 19x9.5s.

Bruce has his wheel to test fit the front. Stay tuned

GBG
January 15th, 2010, 00:55
GBG,

You sound like me. Just wait till he sees our cars with the VMR 19x9.5s.

Bruce has his wheel to test fit the front. Stay tuned

Dave,

My deposit is in and I'm chompin' at the bit! Please post results as soon as you know so I can complete my WMR order. :jlol:

ttboost
January 15th, 2010, 00:59
Nice to see you here...:hihi:

Avus-RS6
January 15th, 2010, 01:41
That's a great price for a low mile RS6! I'm trying to sell mine again too, this time at 27k for a 70k mile car. The miles rack up fast, they're so easy to drive long distances! I may start a separate thread if I feel so motivated, but if anyone is interested, shoot me an email. Oh yeah, I'm in the Seattle, WA area. My email is Frencjas@hotmail.Com

Cheers!

Jason

AudiRS4ever
January 15th, 2010, 02:53
Hi AudiRS4ever--

If you are seriously considering an R8, then-- unless you need the dough-- I suggest that you keep the RS6 because you will need both cars to be happy! :hihi: An R8 is just too impractical to replace an RS6 (much smaller, not a bad weather car, and probably too delicate to be a DD). I have a 2004 911 turbo that I desperately tried for years to enjoy as a DD. I used it with snow tires for two winters. In the end, it's just too small, too engaging to drive (it's a manual), and to damn "nice" for me to happily use it every day. I save it for the days where I have plenty of energy, no kids to haul (or one kid) and can really enjoy it on a nice windy road or highway.

If, on the other hand, you intend to replace the RS6 with an RS4, well, I think you will ultimately regret it. The smaller interior and the manual transmission-- while great fun-- is just not nearly as practical as the RS6's spacious interior and auto transmission. And, with all of your mods, my guess is that your RS6 would kick a stock RS4 in the ass in nearlry every category!

All that said, your RS6 is a great example, low mileage and great mods, so good luck with whatever you decide to do with it! :0:

GBG

GBG,

Definitely not my only car. Not my daily driver either, hence the miles. That's probably why I'm going with the R8 over the RS4. It's a little bit more exotic. To be honest, neither make any sense at all. I also have an 03 SL500 that has 12,000 miles sitting in the garage. Both the RS and the SL are nothing more than toys. I don't need either, but at least the SL can be fun when the wife and I take it up to Denver or Vail in the summer.
And yes, my particular RS6 is faster than any one I've been in, so it will kill an RS4 or an R8. I may end up keeping it and I may not if someone comes to the table with the money I am asking. I just realize that every time I drive the RS6, I like the way the RS4 drives more. Still can't explain why, it just is that way.
Maybe Dave's right. When I see a pic with his car with the VMR's I might just have to have them. :hihi: Either way though, I really appreciate your comments GBG. Cheers.

R1
January 15th, 2010, 09:31
GBG,

Definitely not my only car. Not my daily driver either, hence the miles. That's probably why I'm going with the R8 over the RS4. It's a little bit more exotic. To be honest, neither make any sense at all. I also have an 03 SL500 that has 12,000 miles sitting in the garage. Both the RS and the SL are nothing more than toys. I don't need either ....

I wish I am you, lots of toys to play with :incar:
If I have the money I'll buy your 6 so that I'll have 2 RS to play with :mech: