PDA

View Full Version : Not Tryin' to be a Dick, but

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 22:13
I am not trying to be a dick, but am really curious to know what other 2033 US RS6 owners past present and future think.

I think most of us with well maintained and cared for cars would like to get the most we can for our cars. Obviously.

I think most buyers want to get the best deal for their cash. Not as obvious.

As owners we know the true cost of ownership. I think the clean cars are worth the extra investment. I keep reading and hearing about the difference is costs. I think the actual Audi Dealers or private individuals ask alot more for their cars than the used car lot guy does. Is there a reason for that? Obviously.

I know having full service records, reasonable ownership history and dealer reputation go along way. I looked a Daytona Grey RS6 very similar to mine about a year ago. It had black leather instead of white. The dealer was willing to let me have the car for $20K (a Year ago) This car was road hard and put away hot. I would not have touched that car knowing what I know about the importance of a well maintained RS6.

I wonder if there is any truth in the old saying "You Get What You Pay For" :looking: One transmission away from being buried.

AudiRS4ever
September 28th, 2009, 22:24
I would agree with the statement, You get what you pay for. Hell, I live by it. I sure don't mind spending a little extra money to get something that I know the history of and know how it's been treated.

rks838
September 28th, 2009, 22:41
You mean "not tryin' to be intelligent"?!? Chances favor paying a little extra for surety rather than a little less + large potential added costs + the psych insecurity from this

Shoppinit
September 28th, 2009, 22:41
Buying an RS6 without history and a pretty good idea of how it has been treated is suicide. These [abused] cars change hands rapidly and end up at the lower end of the used car lots. The cheaper they get, the less people will be prepared to spend on them.

Eventually there'll only be a few examples of good cars left... The RS6'll go the way of the RS2. Soon to be a collectors car only.

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 23:01
As you may have gathered, I did say exactly what I meant or how I would normally say it. :eye:

I do think the very cheap cars are bringing down the value of the good cars.

What was the original number of 2003 RS6s brought over? 700 and change. It seems there are only ever 2-3 quality cars for sale at any given time.

I was fortunate enough to buy my car from the same owner since 2003. My Audi 6 year 100,000 mile warranty ran out in July of 2009.

DHall1
September 28th, 2009, 23:17
I dont really understand your point of the first post?

Total number of RS6 in USA....1400.

You sound frustrated with pricing? We have had pricing threads and disagreements on pricing for years. They will always be around. If sharks smell blood they will come in for the kill. No difference in the used auto market.

We have also had members with well cared for cars gain top dollar when positioned properly. It will take work to position a RS6 properly. Hold your ground and place the car in good light. From your past notes...low 30s seems fine for your car. Nothing wrong with that price.

Are you sure the 6yr/100k ext warranty has expired? There has also been much debate on the start times of such policies. Have you read the fine print?

As you may have gathered, I did say exactly what I meant or how I would normally say it. :eye:

I do think the very cheap cars are bringing down the value of the good cars.

What was the original number of 2003 RS6s brought over? 700 and change. It seems there are only ever 2-3 quality cars for sale at any given time.

I was fortunate enough to buy my car from the same owner since 2003. My Audi 6 year 100,000 mile warranty ran out in July of 2009.

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 23:37
I didn't mean my car per say, but when a buyer is looking at an RS6 in the low $20s and is concerned about because everything doesn't line up. I am just sayin'

It doesn't actually have anything to do with my car. It catches my interest, because that is the mode I am in. Just like when I was looking to tune my car I seem to only read the tuning threads.

But there has to be a reason a car is $10K plus below the market or what we think the market is.

I agree my price is right and very fair all things considered. 43,000 Texas miles... Never even seen snow or ice.

Like I said before, I didn't say what I meant directly because I am not trying to be a huge dick. :trash:

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 23:38
I did not realize there were that many brought over to the US.

DHall1
September 29th, 2009, 01:10
Folks looking for a 20k "good deal" are going to get just that. I dont even think those "20k" cars exist. 25-27k...sure with 75k miles and up.

With 75k miles your going to pay 2x the cost to buy an ext warranty.

With 75k you run the chance to lose the history and talk to the man/woman that actually drove the car and serviced it.

With 75k your running into danger zone on problem areas and will most likely be looking at a transmission or other major service.

Low mileage is always best. Low mileage with service history and 2 owners is still better yet.

As for being a huge "richard"....well, just read my signature and dont get me started on political or finance topics. It really torques some.

I didn't mean my car per say, but when a buyer is looking at an RS6 in the low $20s and is concerned about because everything doesn't line up. I am just sayin'

It doesn't actually have anything to do with my car. It catches my interest, because that is the mode I am in. Just like when I was looking to tune my car I seem to only read the tuning threads.

But there has to be a reason a car is $10K plus below the market or what we think the market is.

I agree my price is right and very fair all things considered. 43,000 Texas miles... Never even seen snow or ice.

Like I said before, I didn't say what I meant directly because I am not trying to be a huge dick. :trash:

SAFE4NOW
September 29th, 2009, 02:02
Folks looking for a 20k "good deal" are going to get just that. I dont even think those "20k" cars exist. 25-27k...sure with 75k miles and up.

With 75k miles your going to pay 2x the cost to buy an ext warranty.

With 75k you run the chance to lose the history and talk to the man/woman that actually drove the car and serviced it.

With 75k your running into danger zone on problem areas and will most likely be looking at a transmission or other major service.

Low mileage is always best. Low mileage with service history and 2 owners is still better yet.

As for being a huge "richard"....well, just read my signature and dont get me started on political or finance topics. It really torques some.

Ditto.

Very well said!

Steve