PDA

View Full Version : In the Market for a Beast

DaveD
September 27th, 2009, 19:44
Hey Everyone,
I've been floating around the forum for a while trying to gather as much info as possible able what it takes to own an RS6 in terms of cost and problems to look for. I know what its going to take so I wont be posting up asking about after market warranties or what it takes to replace the DRC, I just need to find the right car! I live in right outside of NYC and have been looking for months, I just sold my Stage 3 2007 A4 and am ready to pick one up. I'm looking for a Mugello Blue with black interior and less than 55k miles, I've looked on several sites but havent found the right one yet so I want to see if you guys could help me out, I'm more than open to traveling to get the right car, any help is appreciated! :addict:

DHall1
September 28th, 2009, 06:49
Have you looked on autotrader.com?

There is a nice looking blue one with 50k.

ben916
September 28th, 2009, 07:12
There are quite a few mugello blue ones but I didn't not the mileage...

Might want to stay away from a particular one in CT... :vgrumpy:

DHall1
September 28th, 2009, 07:24
LOL

:hahahehe:

2nd that quote

There are quite a few mugello blue ones but I didn't not the mileage...

Might want to stay away from a particular one in CT... :vgrumpy:

DaveD
September 28th, 2009, 16:11
I have seen all the ones on autotrader, cars.com, ebay, and a few other sites. The on in PA with just over 50k looks good, but the guy at the dealer cant verify anything regarding its service history.

DonS
September 28th, 2009, 16:54
Can't or won't verify repair history?? If the repairs were done at an Audi dealer, then the repairs are duly logged and availble. Try another dealer. They might not print them for you, but they will peruse them and give you their opinion.

You're going to love an R6S - the power is very addicting!

DaveD
September 28th, 2009, 16:58
Its not an Audi dealer, I could take the vin number and get it checked out. He couldnt tell me when or if the timing belt was done and what the deal was with the DRC being replaced. If anyone on here wants to sell theirs, let me know too.

DHall1
September 28th, 2009, 17:08
That car looks nice.

Dont let the current used car dealer throw you off.

Take the vin to your local Audi dealer and as for a lookup.

Most RS6s were well serviced because the first 4 years were paid for. As a result....most 35k timing belt jobs were done at N/C.

The pickings are slim right now. You better take the time and research this one alittle.

Its not an Audi dealer, I could take the vin number and get it checked out. He couldnt tell me when or if the timing belt was done and what the deal was with the DRC being replaced. If anyone on here wants to sell theirs, let me know too.

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 18:03
Can't help with the blue. Mine is For Sale and is Dayton Grey on White. Posted on here with full service records, mods and just went out of warranty in July 2009.

PatriotRSX
September 28th, 2009, 18:05
Is there such a thing as blue on black? Thought all the Mugello interiors were white.

ben916
September 28th, 2009, 18:06
Can't help with the blue. Mine is For Sale and is Dayton Grey on White. Posted on here with full service records, mods and just went out of warranty in July 2009.

Still like this one, myself...

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 18:10
Still like this one, myself...

I can't believe you let your birthday come and go without picking it up. :hihi:

DHall1
September 28th, 2009, 20:15
Me too!

Ben....hurry up and get that test drive with the wife.

ben916
September 28th, 2009, 21:54
I can't believe you let your birthday come and go without picking it up. :hihi:

How did THAT information get out?????
I never tell anyone that... depressing b-day at that...

SpinEcho
September 28th, 2009, 23:13
If anyone on here wants to sell theirs, let me know too.

PM sent to you yesterday...

RS6-4dr911
September 29th, 2009, 06:38
Is there such a thing as blue on black? Thought all the Mugello interiors were white.

Of the 5 Mugello Blues I have on the VIN list with interior colors, 3 have Ebony and 2 have Silver.

DaveD
September 29th, 2009, 12:49

Yes, and its what I'm looking for.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=30551904

Replied to all PM's, just waiting on more pics