PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Not Locking

Ben74
September 24th, 2009, 19:12
Is this normal? I lock the car with the remote after getting out. I can then open the trunk manually using the handle. The car alarm goes off. Using the remote sets the alarm for the trunk but doesn't lock it. Shouldn't the trunk actually lock so that noone can open it?

Ben

Shoppinit
September 24th, 2009, 19:19
Yes. It should lock. Sounds like the mechanism is broken. Vagcom will give you more clues.

MaxRS6
September 24th, 2009, 19:36
plastic piece on the latching mechanism was broken. The part was approximately $70

Hy Octane
September 24th, 2009, 20:44
Insert key in trunk lock and turn to the right. Withdraw key and try locking again. if it still dosent lock, insert key again and this time turn to the left and remove..Try locking again.
The trunk lock has a feature whereby you can have it lock with all other locks or be independent of the others depending on which way you turn that lock. HTH.

mmaturo
September 25th, 2009, 04:56
Insert key in trunk lock and turn to the right. Withdraw key and try locking again. if it still dosent lock, insert key again and this time turn to the left and remove..Try locking again.
The trunk lock has a feature whereby you can have it lock with all other locks or be independent of the others depending on which way you turn that lock. HTH.

Did not know that.

Ben74
September 25th, 2009, 14:27
Insert key in trunk lock and turn to the right. Withdraw key and try locking again.

That fixed the problem... thanks for your help!

Ben

Shoppinit
September 25th, 2009, 16:24
I'm shocked! Good call Hy Octane.

Why would anyone not want their trunk to lock?

WHB Porsche
September 25th, 2009, 18:33
Why would anyone not want their trunk to lock?

Same reason they want their DSC and tq converters to fail. (they don't...)

Hy Octane
September 25th, 2009, 21:16
Glad it saved you a trip to the shop.. Do you also know that if you press and hold the lock button on the remote, it will roll up all open windows as well as close the sunroof?

Shoppinit
September 25th, 2009, 21:24
And it will open the windows, too, if you hold the open button. (But not the sunroof)

xpl0sive
September 25th, 2009, 22:29
And it will open the windows, too, if you hold the open button. (But not the sunroof)

that function has to be programmed by vag com

DuckWingDuck
September 26th, 2009, 03:17
it is, nani used to have the list, it's still floating around somewhere.

Shoppinit
September 26th, 2009, 09:01
Standard on Euro models.

kmartens
June 7th, 2013, 13:56
So happy I found this thread from 2009 I had to give it a bump. Helped me figure out why my trunk didn't lock with the rest of the car :) Just had to manually lock the trunk turning it to the right. Maybe it will help someone else too now, or at least have ones who didn't know check to see if their trunk locks with rest of car.

Ms_RS6
June 7th, 2013, 14:32
Thank you for the info!!

2000c43
June 7th, 2013, 15:36
Thank you very much for giving this thread a bump. My trunk wasn't locking either and I hadn't taken the time to try to figure out why. I saw this thread this morning, inserted key in trunk, turned to the right, took the key out, and now the trunk locks and unlocks with the rest of the car. Thanks again.

kmartens
June 7th, 2013, 16:05
Awesome to hear guys.. thought there might be a few other new owners since 09 that would want to at least check haha. Learn something new everyday with this car :addict:

-Kevin

Dynmicracr
September 27th, 2013, 18:39
I love it when I search and find solutions to my problems that don't involve ordering parts or installing things. Thanks guys!

StormFront
September 27th, 2013, 19:23
It's probably more of a feature of the driver not wanting the trunk unlocking with the rest of the car than locking.

Dynmicracr
September 27th, 2013, 23:12
I agree. I think Audi got it backwards. When would you want your trunk to not lock with the rest of the car?