PDA

View Full Version : Lease coming up on RS6 - What now?

bruce
September 24th, 2009, 02:09
Hey guys I thought I would quiz the board here on where guys are going after the RS6.

I was SO wanting to get an RS5, but the two problems with that are that it is not getting a lot of nice discussion and it may never get to the USA. Geezus, what the hell is Audi doing???

Anyway, I just started to delve into thinking about it and can't seem to find anything that sparks me like the the RS6 did. I have a partial list of options:

New:

S5 - decent, ho hum
TTS - kinda small
TTRS - better, but again not in USA -- hello audi, anyone home?
M6 - rather have an Audi

Used:
Bentley Continental GT - a bit old man
DB9 - upkeep out the wazoo?
SL AMG - lots and lots of them out there

or I could just keep the awesome RS6....now at 80k mileage..

lefizzet
September 24th, 2009, 03:08
458 Italia :jlol:

mmaturo
September 24th, 2009, 04:56
Hey guys I thought I would quiz the board here on where guys are going after the RS6.

I was SO wanting to get an RS5, but the two problems with that are that it is not getting a lot of nice discussion and it may never get to the USA. Geezus, what the hell is Audi doing???

Anyway, I just started to delve into thinking about it and can't seem to find anything that sparks me like the the RS6 did. I have a partial list of options:

New:

S5 - decent, ho hum
TTS - kinda small
M6 - rather have an Audi

Used:

LOL- "DB9 upkeep out the wazoo" ummm I think the RS is right there with it. My back-up was an S5 but still keeping RS6 till i catch up with depreciation. I have same issue as I would do a TTRS now and really want RS5 when/if... used R8s are a little below 100K. Maserati Gran Tourismo looks great...used one not bad on price, probably in same camp as Astons on who knows how it will hold up.

In reality (I hope...economy help me out please) a R8 is next late next year with an S or RS5 as the daily driver after that.

DHall1
September 24th, 2009, 05:26
Simple.

There is nothing out there to replace the RS6.

Turn in your lease.

Go find a low mileage 10-20k RS6 and purchase the Audi Fidelity ext warranty. Enjoy for 6 more years.

The end.

New:

S5 - decent, ho hum
TTS - kinda small
M6 - rather have an Audi

Used:

xpl0sive
September 24th, 2009, 18:26
used continental GT! TWIN TURBO W12... i'm sure the performace will be on-par with the RS6, but so will maintenance... and no its not for old men. put some nice wheels on it and you're set

mmaturo
September 25th, 2009, 05:43
used continental GT! TWIN TURBO W12... i'm sure the performace will be on-par with the RS6, but so will maintenance... and no its not for old men. put some nice wheels on it and you're set

agree...around Chicago its the barely thirty traders or ball players driving around in them. Hundreds of them here.

bruce
September 28th, 2009, 01:01
Simple.

Turn in your lease.

Go find a low mileage 10-20k RS6 and purchase the Audi Fidelity ext warranty. Enjoy for 6 more years.

The end.

Well that isn't too bad of an idea....

bruce
September 28th, 2009, 01:03
used R8s are a little below 100K.

In reality (I hope...economy help me out please) a R8 is next late next year with an S or RS5 as the daily driver after that.

Well you got me. I had thought I could pick up an R8 for under a hundred by now, but I haven't seen any.

R8 would be my first choice. :R8kiss:

Brav
September 28th, 2009, 06:29
Search... several under 100k. I vote R8. At the end of the day.. what do YOU want and what will you use it for? We cant answer that.

USADriver
September 28th, 2009, 06:50
Living in Chicago, I faced a similar dilemma when I recently turned in my leased RS4 last month. Ordered an S6 but it just didn't feel right after the RS4 so I started looking at other models:

R8 - Two seater (I own a 2010 Porsche 911). not enough room, very fast, price tag getting out of reach
MB 6.3 - Very nice, very fast, like the RS4 but just slightly larger, priced at less then the S6 by $15M, automatic, but not AWD
Bentley GT - Very very nice, but felt too big, felt too older guy, high price tag
RS6 - Looked at the availability of low mile 2003 and bought one through an Minnesota Audi dealer with 24K miles with a four year 60,000 mile full coverage warranty. Advantage? Got a beast of a car (but you already know that), lowered my payment to 40% of my RS4, slealth look but still an Audi on steroids look, comfortable, roomy, sounds terrific yet inside the cab it is quiet enough, upgradeable ECM upto 650hp+ for around $12,000-$15,000.

In 3 years I will be able to sell this RS6 for about 2/3 what I paid for it and get something better (if it exist).

got boost
September 28th, 2009, 15:38
Porsche Panamera?

AWD, Turbo, four door.

Then again, let them workout any new model kinks first.

The RS6 is a difficult car to replace.

bruce
September 28th, 2009, 21:00
Search... several under 100k. I vote R8. At the end of the day.. what do YOU want and what will you use it for? We cant answer that.

Autotrader - 1
Vehix - 0
ebay - lowest one sold for $110k
:confused:

mmaturo
September 28th, 2009, 21:14
Autotrader - 1
Vehix - 0

I have seen one go at $98K...give it a little more time (3 months, as round one owners get their V10s). I have seen under $110K certainly.

Brav
September 28th, 2009, 21:44
Autotrader - 1
Vehix - 0

Ebay isnt accurate -90% of sales close after auction end at unspecified price. I saw 2 at 99k, and one at 95k last week. 2 silver and 1 black. Those were ask prices. Probably sold quickly.

formula1man
September 28th, 2009, 22:17
I may actually do a porsche 917k build with a twin turbo. Its a little overkill and not too sophisticated but blindingly fast and fun. Of course the R8's are cool and a bit more "practicle".

ben916
September 29th, 2009, 21:21
how about one of these?

http://www.symbolicmotors.com/car-641/2008-bugatti-veyron-w164.html

terrytcl
September 29th, 2009, 21:33
agree...around Chicago its the barely thirty traders or ball players driving around in them. Hundreds of them here.

that's for sure, they're like honda accords near downtown...

can't believe how many there are

terrytcl
September 29th, 2009, 21:34
can't go wrong with a gallardo

bruce
October 2nd, 2009, 22:49
how about one of these?

http://www.symbolicmotors.com/car-641/2008-bugatti-veyron-w164.html

If I could afford a Veyron, I'd have an R8 for my everyday beater..

bruce
October 2nd, 2009, 22:51
I can't believe I've actually thought about an E63...

Help!!!!!

DHall1
October 2nd, 2009, 23:21
Ok,

I will repeat.

There is a nice looking 12,000 mile RS6 on ebay right now.

Buy it....throw some updates on it....led rear lamps, MTM Bimoto wheels, a quick flash tune and get the 6/72k Audi Fidelity ext warranty.

Take it from a member that owns a E55 and the RS6.

RS6 hands down every day.

Simple.

Turn in your lease.

The end.

ben916
October 3rd, 2009, 05:36
Ok,

I will repeat.

Buy it....throw some updates on it....led rear lamps, MTM Bimoto wheels, a quick flash tune and get the 6/72k Audi Fidelity ext warranty.

By the way, where is YOUR Julian movies?

DHall1
October 3rd, 2009, 06:00
I had my hands full.

No pics or vids

:vhmmm:

By the way, where is YOUR Julian movies?

bruce
October 3rd, 2009, 17:23
Ok,

I will repeat.

Ok I got it. :rs6kiss:

I emailed the ebay guy. the car is almost exactly like mine now. Adding some updates might be fun too. Where can you get led rear lamps? I swapped mine out for smoked, but they are still bulbs.

DHall1
October 3rd, 2009, 18:20
Bruce,

You can reuse your Hella tails or ask the members here where to get the led lights. I have the Hella smoked on my car and love them but have seen the led and they look nice as well.

What is that seller asking for the 12k car?

Good luck...I say go for it.

I emailed the ebay guy. the car is almost exactly like mine now. Adding some updates might be fun too. Where can you get led rear lamps? I swapped mine out for smoked, but they are still bulbs.

DuckWingDuck
October 4th, 2009, 18:44
I don't think Hella makes smoked LED....

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Headlights:4168-Brand=Audi:48616-Type=LED%20Light%20Kits

The black LEDs do look kinda cool though

DHall1
October 4th, 2009, 18:51
Those smoke LEDs do look nice.

I don't think Hella makes smoked LED....

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Headlights:4168-Brand=Audi:48616-Type=LED%20Light%20Kits

The black LEDs do look kinda cool though

DuckWingDuck
October 4th, 2009, 18:55
fitments are for a4 though, but ya, they look good

bruce
October 5th, 2009, 21:22

I emailed the ebay guy.

All right who bought that one and how much???????

:w:

mmaturo
October 5th, 2009, 21:25

if you want to unload your smoked tails should you go LED...i am thinking of just doing smoked on mine as its already everything else dark...

DHall1
October 5th, 2009, 21:28
Damn

I really wanted you to get it. That sucks.

When these go they go fast. There is a 24k So Cal car and a 29k AZ car out there. 36 and 39k money.

All right who bought that one and how much???????

:w:

quattrogeek
October 6th, 2009, 08:28
As much as it pains me to say it, the next gen M5 with the twin turbo V8 will be the car to own as far as super saloons are concerned (only because AOA and AG have their preverbial heads up their arse's and won't send the C6 RS6 sedan over to NA). If you can wait till next year then the M5 is the way to go. The turbo Panamera is another choice, however the rear needs some work. Only other 4 door you should consider is the S63/65 AMG's (boss man's ride).

HighCountryRS6
October 14th, 2009, 02:22
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and am looking for the next rs as well, so this thread cought my eye. Is it true they will not be importing another rs6 (or 4 for that matter)? I tried to sell, then trade my rs6 last year and couldn't get squat for it - near perfect 27k mile Avus car. Glad I couldn't get much - kept it and still love it. Even better than my '09 C63. And really, how difficult is it to import a euro model? Thanks for the help

V8weight
October 14th, 2009, 02:33
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and am looking for the next rs as well, so this thread cought my eye. Is it true they will not be importing another rs6 (or 4 for that matter)? I tried to sell, then trade my rs6 last year and couldn't get squat for it - near perfect 27k mile Avus car. Glad I couldn't get much - kept it and still love it. Even better than my '09 C63. And really, how difficult is it to import a euro model? Thanks for the help
Welcome! Where are you located? There are only 4 euro RS6's in the county that I know of. 2 C5 RS6 avants, one owned by A&E performance and one owned by Shokan. There are also 2 C6 RS6 avants, one is owned by an AOA exec and resides in a parking garage in MI, and the other was imported through Mexico and I believe currently resides in CA. According to the guy who brought his up from Mexico, it was nearly impossible to get it through customs, and even harder to get it registered.

HighCountryRS6
October 14th, 2009, 02:41
I'm in the mountains in Colorado and though I don't abuse it all winter it sure is nice to have this car - my 4th Audi. Have a BMW (that sits for months) and the new Merc (that will sit starting soon) but the Audis - ah well, great driving year 'round.

DHall1
October 14th, 2009, 05:18
Summit county by chance?

I'm in the mountains in Colorado and though I don't abuse it all winter it sure is nice to have this car - my 4th Audi. Have a BMW (that sits for months) and the new Merc (that will sit starting soon) but the Audis - ah well, great driving year 'round.

HighCountryRS6
October 14th, 2009, 06:03
Eagle & Jeff.

bruce
October 22nd, 2009, 02:26
Porsche Panamera?

AWD, Turbo, four door.

I sat in THIS one today:

http://www.stevenscreekporsche.com/shared/photos-2010-porsche-panamera-turbo-4744034.html?src=eBizAutos

NICE automobile. Much nicer than I imagined. But for $155,920 it better be frikkin nice. Interior shape reminded me of the CLS Mercedes with the hard slope back. It could be me, but I'm thinking you ain't got a lot of buyers at $155k....:deal:

R1
October 22nd, 2009, 02:44
wow nice i'd like to have one

Spidercat
October 22nd, 2009, 02:59
How's it look in person? The pix I've seen of it make it look well, ugly. Those front vents look they should be on a Geo or something. You can't argue with the performance, but I just can't get past the looks, esp for that kinda money.

bruce
October 22nd, 2009, 03:32
How's it look in person? The pix I've seen of it make it look well, ugly. Those front vents look they should be on a Geo or something. You can't argue with the performance, but I just can't get past the looks, esp for that kinda money.

Well......, as a Porsche traditionalist, meaning there is no Porsche other than a 911, I was impressed with the looks, inside and out. It really is hard to describe and the pix don't do it justice.

Hera are a couple pix that do it more justice I think :

http://www.superst4r.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/porsche-panamera.jpg

http://www.carsforgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/panamera.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/panamera4s_1.jpg

DuckWingDuck
October 22nd, 2009, 03:42
eh, I've seen it in person and I'm luke warm on it.

bruce
October 22nd, 2009, 04:14
It is a four door for god's sake !!

HighCountryRS6
October 22nd, 2009, 05:46
Haven't seen one in person but, the back of that car hhhmmm. We are on our second Cayenne and really like it, but like Bruce said - 155 large?!? Wow. I'd rather have an Audi.

Spidercat
October 22nd, 2009, 23:26
Thanks for the extra pix, Bruce.
I figured out what I don't like most about it...that upsweep on the rear qtr window!
Not to argue w/Porsche's design team, but to make it go from worst to near first in my book, make the rear quarter window similar in shape to a classic 911 coupe and lose the big chrome-accented front fender vent. Just put my thumb over that window and imagined the classic teardrop window lines of the 911, and I liked it!
Oh, and give it some 930 fender bulges and it's all over! (assuming an RS6 never sets foot over here again)

xpl0sive
October 22nd, 2009, 23:28
i saw a white panamera turbo in real life in paris, and my original thoughts were confirmed... it is one of the ugliest 4 door sports cars i have ever seen. would not pay $50g for it, much less $150g

DHall1
October 23rd, 2009, 00:00
I could buy 5 C5 RS6s to use for parts.

And then buy 1 mint low mileage C5 RS6.

Then I would never need another car for as long as I live.

:addict:

Or, bust into Mexico and buy my C6 RS6 Avant. I dont think Janet Nappy could catch me flying across the border at 170mph. mmmm Balloon boy would be nothing to the coverage I would get with the C6 RS6 busting across the border at 170mph. Would they send the jets after me??

ben916
October 23rd, 2009, 00:17
... bust into Mexico and buy my C6 RS6 Avant.

There ya GO!!!!

The C6 seed is planted for Dave....

actually you wouldn't have to bust in there...

MaxRS6
October 23rd, 2009, 00:36
Some of the pics remind me of a Crossfire. The style is not for me- like it really matters what I think...I'm tooling around in a mighty Jetta as the RS is in its' natural habitat a.k.a. service bay.