PDA

View Full Version : U.S. version RS6 might go to Europe-thoughts about maintenance?

bobski
September 16th, 2009, 04:50
I have an immaculate RS6 with 40K miles. I am joining the State Department soon as a foreign service officer. Plans are to drive it from New Mexico to DC for training, then take it with IF I get a European post and sell it while in DC if I get a post in a 3rd world country.

I would like to ask if anyone knows, even if I am in Europe, if my US version can be taken care of. Are there other countries you would feel comfortable taking the RS6? The State Dept. will pay to ship it, so it would be a hoot to have it in a location where I could really drive it, but deeply frustrating to have it in a country where I was constantly worried about it.

Also, anyone have any idea what an immaculate black/black car from the Southwest with 40K would fetch nowadays? No one under 40 has driven it, perfectly maintained, new DRC, etc.

Thanks

Shoppinit
September 16th, 2009, 09:41
I'd be tempted to take it with me. Europe is like the states in terms of car safety. In every country there are places you take your RS6 and places where you don't even walk. It's not like you'll come across anywhere like India or China where you really wouldn't want an RS6 (unless you put bullbars on it :) )

Plus the US spec is very similar to the Euro spec. I don't think you'd have any problem getting parts / maintenance. Unless you break a seat :)

Hy Octane
September 16th, 2009, 18:07
Plus you might even get to drive it to the factory in Germany and get it fixed properly by someone who actually knows how to fix it!!

LIRS6
September 16th, 2009, 18:43
Why not sell it here, avoid the hassle .... and then buy an '09 RS6 !:incar:

ben916
September 16th, 2009, 19:09
Why not sell it here, avoid the hassle .... and then buy an '09 RS6 !:incar:

I like this idea!!!!

bobski
September 17th, 2009, 00:23
I don't think I could buy a euro RS6 or anything if it is not going to pass DOT inspection. I have fantasized about having Audi HQ in Germany do an MTM mod on the car, then bring it back to the US and drive it, then sell it.

Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Anyone else have thoughts about any other part of the world besides Europe?

gjg
September 17th, 2009, 11:12
I have an immaculate RS6 with 40K miles. I am joining the State Department soon as a foreign service officer. Plans are to drive it from New Mexico to DC for training, then take it with IF I get a European post and sell it while in DC if I get a post in a 3rd world country.

I would like to ask if anyone knows, even if I am in Europe, if my US version can be taken care of. Are there other countries you would feel comfortable taking the RS6? The State Dept. will pay to ship it, so it would be a hoot to have it in a location where I could really drive it, but deeply frustrating to have it in a country where I was constantly worried about it.

Also, anyone have any idea what an immaculate black/black car from the Southwest with 40K would fetch nowadays? No one under 40 has driven it, perfectly maintained, new DRC, etc.

Thanks

you will get normal (or better due to better trained people on RS6) service. You will definitely more enjoy the car (except in France ... :hihi: - they will steal it there for some bank robery).

You can take car to MTM for 500 HP ECU/TCU upgrade - you will have diffrent car.

oh, and expect your fuel mileage drop down between 10 -14 mpg (14 when it rains or snow :jlol:).

Given the exchange rate you may sell it for more $$ there - check the autotrader mags in Germany for going price.