PDA

View Full Version : Colour

gnomik007
August 24th, 2003, 01:27
Hi people.I know there was already enough discussion about the best colour for the RS6,but although I myself already own Mugello Blue car,face a big problem now.I got my car in september 02,it was the first RS6 in Moscow.But in the last couple of months it keeps breaking,I will not get into details,but believe me I am fed up with taking it to the dealer for repairs(although car hasn't done more than 20,000 km the engine and the transmission were already been taken out once and there will be at least another one time).As I am still within the guarantee period I told my dealer that I want a new car as this one keeps f--king up...
So,the problem I was talking about is choosing the colour of my new baby.I really love Mugello Blue,but last 10 cars sold in Moscow are all this colour.
:cry:
I am thinking of choosing Misano Red but really not sure.Has anybody any idea what sort of colour can one order through Audi Individual program?Are there any quality pictures of Imolla Yellow RS6?My head is really going crazy,PLEASE HELP-WHICH COLOUR?

mjrr
August 24th, 2003, 11:04
Here's the link to an imola yellow RS6. I hope, the quality is good enough for you!!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1817

What's with Daytona Grey ??? Would be my choise...

mjrr

TheBrit
August 24th, 2003, 12:15
Sorry to hear you had problems with your RS 6 - it does seem that some are just problematic from the start and some are hardly any problem at all. :confused:

I didn't have a choice of colour (I got a cancelled order), but I think Mugello and Daytona would have been my joint 1st place choices, with Avus in 2nd, black in 3rd and the other colours I wouldn't have bothered having at all.

Audi Individual can make up alomost any colour you wish - if you see another manufacturer's colour you like, find out it's colour name and pain code and you should be able to get it. I've seen Audi's with BMW colours ordered through Audi Exclusive.

gnomik007
August 24th, 2003, 14:16
Thanks,to be honest my choices would be along your ones,but there are many blue,grey and black cars and none of others.I really do think of ordering some other colour,but have no clue which one yet.

gmbh6
August 24th, 2003, 16:54
...I would say silver but then there are about 3 million silver A6's roaming the roads........that's why mine is blue.

If you got extra money and really want to be different than custom paint it. :addict:

nene
August 24th, 2003, 20:35
I have the Daytone Grey and I love it. It's almost kind of stealth, just as is the Mugello Blue.
I love the Misano Red too, which was my second choice.

Jetset
August 24th, 2003, 22:35
Imola yellow...

Jetset
August 24th, 2003, 22:35
another

Jetset
August 24th, 2003, 22:36
give you one more

jimmy94507
August 25th, 2003, 01:17
Since there are many blue and Grey cars you might consider a very special silver, Avus Silver. This is not an ordinary silver. It looks great with the Ebony interior with white piping.
Go Here for some pictures:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1771&highlight=avus
Or,
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1826&highlight=avus
Or one listed on ebay which has a number of pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428973007&category=6055

Good Luck, Jim

Muju
August 25th, 2003, 12:29
Well if you want something different take it to a custom paint work shop and get it done pink=) or black with white stripes=) then you would be the only one in the whole world with that color....:cheers:

gnomik007
August 25th, 2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Muju
Well if you want something different take it to a custom paint work shop and get it done pink=) or black with white stripes=) then you would be the only one in the whole world with that color....:cheers:

LOL about pink,I will consider that idea:D

Thanks guys,I think I will choose between yellow and green,its just that both colours on some photos are very pale and on others too saturated,so it is hard to imagine the real look of that paint.

Erik
August 25th, 2003, 13:24
---> Important message: Goodwood green is NOT a nice color.
I think you might be dissapointed.

If you like yellow, fine. But my personal opinion is that it fits the S3/S4 better. The RS6 is too big for such a color.

gnomik007
August 25th, 2003, 21:10
I know that yellow doesnt really suit big cars like RS6 but with black tintted windows it does not look too bad.Red-I dont know,I would prefer yellow to red I think,but Mugelo Blue is still the best.
I am thinking about custom paint,something like orange like on the new TT 3.2 that is in all adverts,although it is a bright colour too.I really dont know.If there would not be that many blue ones...

Anyway thanks,tomorrow I am writing a letter to my dealer to change my current car for a new one,so wish me luck.I am friends with them,so hope there will not be any problems.I will tell you about future developments.
:addict:

Fab5
August 25th, 2003, 21:45
Originally posted by Erik
---> Important message: Goodwood green is NOT a nice color.
I think you might be dissapointed.

If you like yellow, fine. But my personal opinion is that it fits the S3/S4 better. The RS6 is too big for such a color.

Hi,

i think the same like Erik,yellow and noggy blue doesn´t looks good on such a big car like the RS6.

My first choice is:

1st/ daytonagrey
2nd/ black
3rd/mugello

fab5

Fab5
August 25th, 2003, 21:50

Snow
August 25th, 2003, 22:48
The Sportec RS 6 looks really cool with black optics. :cool2:

avdh
August 26th, 2003, 08:49
Sprint blue seems to be very nice as well.
Search on this website, as someone did post some pictures of a Sprint blue RS6, but it's a custom colour (extra cost)