PDA

View Full Version : Q7 3.0 TDi US model

gjg
September 13th, 2009, 09:52
it seems the AOA stupidity of "strategic marketing" department triumphed yet again - the 2010 3.0 TDi cannot be ordered with optional air suspension in the US of A (well, the 2009 did not have that option either).

Even if we leave out the optional independent aux heating system available on most of the globe with diesel models (which in cold weather makes this go/no go vehicle due to long diesel warmup) this is another bright decision of dead brains in AoA headquarters. Wonder where they research the market before doing this? Detroit?

:doh:

Leadfoot
September 13th, 2009, 19:14
it seems the AOA stupidity of "strategic marketing" department triumphed yet again - the 2010 3.0 TDi cannot be ordered with optional air suspension in the US of A (well, the 2009 did not have that option either).

Even if we leave out the optional independent aux heating system available on most of the globe with diesel models (which in cold weather makes this go/no go vehicle due to long diesel warmup) this is another bright decision of dead brains in AoA headquarters. Wonder where they research the market before doing this? Detroit?

Does AoA have BMW & Mercedes double agents working in their marketing department. :doh:

In the UK you couldn't order a Q7 without Air (I think) but I did drive a Cayenne without it and it was awful. Maybe US roads are better than the rest of Europe but I doubt it.

Benman
September 15th, 2009, 00:36

Wonder where they research the market before doing this? Detroit?

:doh::doh::doh::doh: Once again... :doh::doh::doh::doh:

gjg
September 17th, 2009, 12:03
:deal:

visited my friendly stealer on East Coast yesterday and surprise surprise the option is there on the AOA Dealer ordering system, someone just forgot to put i on Audi US Configurator... :doh:

gjg
September 17th, 2009, 12:05
Does AoA have BMW & Mercedes double agents working in their marketing department. :doh:

In the UK you couldn't order a Q7 without Air (I think) but I did drive a Cayenne without it and it was awful. Maybe US roads are better than the rest of Europe but I doubt it.

Leaddie, the american roads are not better, but you would think that the american arses, use to fine Detroit product, would deserve better ...:hihi:

Benman
September 18th, 2009, 21:28
:deal:

visited my friendly stealer on East Coast yesterday and surprise surprise the option is there on the AOA Dealer ordering system, someone just forgot to put i on Audi US Configurator... :doh:
:doh::doh::doh:

Well, at least it is available! :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Blutwurst
September 19th, 2009, 02:41
You most likely missed it because it is only an option on the Prestige, just like the B&O

gjg
November 1st, 2009, 08:45
You most likely missed it because it is only an option on the Prestige, just like the B&O

yes, that's exactly what happened. Having second thoughts tho...

Anybody knows anything about 4.2 TDi coming to US?

Benman
November 2nd, 2009, 20:11
yes, that's exactly what happened. Having second thoughts tho...

Anybody knows anything about 4.2 TDi coming to US?

Good question. So far have not heard anything. Anyone...?

gjg
November 3rd, 2009, 23:26
no info from AoA, I guess I go with 2010 RAM 3500 Cummins...

have the dually 2009 Dodge and single wheel with Laramie package would work about as good as Audi for day to day driving, except more space and with 95 gall aux tank would h ave a n ice range....... :jlol:

Benman
November 4th, 2009, 02:05
no info from AoA, I guess I go with 2010 RAM 3500 Cummins...

have the dually 2009 Dodge and single wheel with Laramie package would work about as good as Audi for day to day driving, except more space and with 95 gall aux tank would h ave a n ice range....... :jlol:

I think for what you will be using it for, the Ram is better anyway. :)

roadrunner
November 4th, 2009, 21:59
George, as i see your Q7 4.2 got an MTM treatment. What figures are we talking about and what are your impressions?

:cheers:

gjg
November 8th, 2009, 23:00
George, as i see your Q7 4.2 got an MTM treatment. What figures are we talking about and what are your impressions?

:cheers:

performance speaking it is very noticeable difference and that is on low end as well as running on autobahn @ 200 km/h (not i n Austria /all t he time/ ... :hahahehe:). Long up hill drives are something which pisses other people off because you just fly by in 2.5 ton elephant :applause:

Hell, it runs so well I use instead of my RS6+ mnore n ad more often :hihi:

Fuel consuption with LIGHT foot improved a little but on the other hand on recent drive From Flensburg to Prague I averaged 18.1 l/100km but average speed (Sunday morning in Germany) logged as @ 162 km/hr... :brag:

Was it worth the monmey - YES. Would I do it again - absolutely.

I'll be going through Vienna on Dec 13 around noon btw if yoyu will be around we can do half hour pit stop.

gjg
November 8th, 2009, 23:08
I think for what you will be using it for, the Ram is better anyway. :)

the dually is for sure... here is Dodge with Q7, nose to nose :hihi:

Benman
November 10th, 2009, 00:34

That cooler looks too small for booze!

roadrunner
November 10th, 2009, 09:54
...I'll be going through Vienna on Dec 13 around noon btw if yoyu will be around we can do half hour pit stop.

Our Viennese waltz is on :cheers:

Let's exchange details per PM.

Cheers
seb.

roadrunner
November 10th, 2009, 09:55

And in Europe, we complain, that the Q7 is a "huge" car :lovl: