PDA

View Full Version : Audi e-tron (IAA electric study) 1st interiour pic?

roadrunner
September 10th, 2009, 13:35
http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/83233-3/9806404.jpg

source: http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/?g2_view=largephotos.Largephotos&g2_itemId=83226

The Pretender
September 12th, 2009, 08:59
I hink this is not R8 based but smaller.
It could be a sport coupe that show the design of the next gen TT or it's mid engined replacement. (R4/R5)
The R4 with 1.4 - 2.0TFSI engines and the R5 with 2.5TFSI engine.

353S
September 12th, 2009, 15:45
I hink this is not R8 based but smaller.
It could be a sport coupe that show the design of the next gen TT or it's mid engined replacement. (R4/R5)
The R4 with 1.4 - 2.0TFSI engines and the R5 with 2.5TFSI engine.

I agree and hope you are right :revs:

Lmg
September 14th, 2009, 13:15
It seems that E-Tron pics had been leaked:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109091021608/leaked-audi-r8-e-tron-concept-revealed

RXBG
September 14th, 2009, 14:55
weak. very weak.

Damienr8
September 14th, 2009, 17:15
weak. very weak.

Not impressed with the interior and exterior design as well. However i didnt anticipate much at all, what I am really looking forward to is the engineering in this concept.

The Pretender
September 14th, 2009, 17:24
Man, Audi has derailed with this one. puke:

353S
September 15th, 2009, 02:16
I like the interior... exterior is a major fail:vgrumpy:

SAF
September 15th, 2009, 03:30
ZZZzzzzz.....

Damienr8
September 15th, 2009, 18:42
Just for Kicks (Taken from Autolies)

BMW Vision EfficientDynamics (awd)- Range= 431 miles,Weight=3076 lbs (187 lb batterie)
Power=356hp, torque=590lb/ft, 0-62 4.8, Top Speed 155 (limited)
Charge time 2.5 hours on 220 volt (44min on 380 volt) + 6.6 gallons of diesel @ 63 mile per gallon.
Seats 4 people

Audi E-tron (awd)-Range 154 miles, Weight=3527 lbs (with 1000 lb batterie)
Power=313hp, torque=3300lb/ft, 0-62 4.8, Top speed 124 (limited).
Charge time 6-8 hours (2.5 hours with 400 volt).
Seats 2 people

JavierNuvolari
September 15th, 2009, 19:35
So...the BMW is lighter, has better range, it's more powerfull, has AWD, has more torque, has a higher top speed, seats more people and charges in less than half the time the Audi does...wow...talk about being eclipsed by someone/something.

RXBG
September 15th, 2009, 19:39
these cars are just fads. we have at least one human generation before they become the order of the day. in our lifetime we are poised for a diesel resurgence, followed by hybrid diesel- with the major issue being finding a way to become independent of oil/coal burning to generate the electricity needed to recharge batteries.

we humans, we have become such peer pressure/ public opinion whores. it saddens me that this phenomenon is growing in europe to the extent it already has here in the US.

i fear the chevy volt is going to be a big let down- like the el camino and the 8-track tape.

even the latest phone we bought for the house has an "eco friendly" mode. it says it consumes 2% less energy per year. i mean. come on.

The Pretender
Audi totally lost it with this troll in every way.
BMW wipe the floor with it.

roadrunner
So...the BMW is lighter, has better range, it's more powerfull, has AWD, has more torque, has a higher top speed, seats more people and charges in less than half the time the Audi does...wow...talk about being eclipsed by someone/something.

comparing apples with oranges? ;)

BMW = Hybrid = Electric + Diesel engine

Audi e-tron: electric ONLY

Toto89
September 15th, 2009, 19:45
I'm afraid many of you have skipped that tiny little fact that BMW needs a diesel engine as well to reach this performance.

RXBG
September 15th, 2009, 19:49
agreed on above pts- apples and oranges. completely diff powertrains.

all equally silly.

JavierNuvolari
September 15th, 2009, 19:52
comparing apples with oranges? ;)

BMW = Hybrid = Electric + Diesel engine

Audi e-tron: electric ONLY

I stand corrected, but...I still find BMW's concept much more interesting than Audi's.

Perhaps what Audi was trying to show was vorsprung by presenting an all electric sports car which, I respect, but I still believe that for the vast majority of people the e-Tron was eclipsed by BMW's alternative.

On the looks department...both are a joke, though the Audi's wheels are just sex, plain and simple.

Saludos mate.

roadrunner
September 15th, 2009, 20:44
I followed the Audi press conference. this is my take: What the e-tron is about is what Audi sees as:

If you really want to go electric you have to throw away your "classical" believes and start from scratch (concept wise that is, i know that the e-tron is a modellation of the R8).

I think Audi suceeded in this:

The performance figures for an electric are quite good
They still have quattro
+
Torque Vectoring (yes)
Recharging by induction (besides the power cord)
Speed limit 200 Km/h - is ONLY limited to preserve range (=it can go faster)
Brake "by wire"
New LED headlight system with completely modular lighting (=light assistance system...)
MMI being controlled by a scroll pad with touch-sensitive surface on steering wheel (say hello to iphone, and yes i am a big fan of that as well)

I have to admit that i'm not sure yet about the looks. But will keep final judgement till i have seen it @IAA myself.

crespo
September 15th, 2009, 20:46
guys... 3,300 lb/ft

i don't particularly care for the car itself, but the tech behind it is amazing

ChicagoAudi
September 15th, 2009, 22:43
I'm very disappointed in Audi for inciting the early viral marketing effort for this concept vehicle. At this point, everything about the e-tron is the equivalent of Microsoft vaporware. It is quite easy for an automaker to give outrageous performance statistics, especially if those goals are expressed as future goals. This is the case with the Audi e-tron.

Everything alludes to Audi being "caught cold" without a green concept at Frankfurt and potential future technological advances were showcased using an existing platform. I have yet to see any video of the e-tron as a running prototype. The Electricity Untamed microsite is nothing more than a series of mawkish videos, lacking in any substance. All I have see was a caveat, that the vehicle's performance was based on meeting expected future technological goals.

To Audi senior management-I had much higher expectations than this.

crespo
September 15th, 2009, 23:26
So.. 3,300lb/ft is not satisfactory in a tech concept?

what kind of gearheads are you?

let me say it again:

THREE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED POUND FEET OF TORQUE

NO INTERNAL COMBUSTION, ALL ELECTRIC

I don't care if we don't see this tech running around for another 50 years. This is an impressive engineering feat no matter how you look at it, truly showcasing the power of electricity as a drivetrain... and it came from Audi.

Nobody should care that it looks like an R8 with a lame bodykit. If you do, please read the torque figure again. If you still don't get it, check your manhood to see if it's still there.

Damienr8
September 16th, 2009, 03:38
So.. 3,300lb/ft is not satisfactory in a tech concept?

what kind of gearheads are you?

let me say it again:

THREE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED POUND FEET OF TORQUE

NO INTERNAL COMBUSTION, ALL ELECTRIC

I don't care if we don't see this tech running around for another 50 years. This is an impressive engineering feat no matter how you look at it, truly showcasing the power of electricity as a drivetrain... and it came from Audi.

Nobody should care that it looks like an R8 with a lame bodykit. If you do, please read the torque figure again. If you still don't get it, check your manhood to see if it's still there.

I could care less if it had 20,000lb/ft. What does this engineering feat translate into??? Tell me what that 3000+ lb/ft is doing for the car...certainly nothing with performance.

chewym
September 16th, 2009, 05:30
Just for Kicks (Taken from Autolies)

BMW Vision EfficientDynamics (awd)- Range= 431 miles,Weight=3076 lbs (187 lb batterie)
Power=356hp, torque=590lb/ft, 0-62 4.8, Top Speed 155 (limited)
Charge time 2.5 hours on 220 volt (44min on 380 volt) + 6.6 gallons of diesel @ 63 mile per gallon.
Seats 4 people

Audi E-tron (awd)-Range 154 miles, Weight=3527 lbs (with 1000 lb batterie)
Power=313hp, torque=3300lb/ft, 0-62 4.8, Top speed 124 (limited).
Charge time 6-8 hours (2.5 hours with 400 volt).
Seats 2 people

Both are concepts and the figures quoted are just that, some numbers that the company made up. They would only become relevant if either one was actually for sale.

deveraux
September 16th, 2009, 10:19
i'm surprised that no one here talks about the merc sls e-drive
same configuration with 4 electric motors at each wheel, 392kw/533hp and 880NM/650lb/ft

3300 lb of torque in the audi e-tron - sure haha!

the poorest thing for audi and bmw, merc promises to sell the sls e-drive already in 2013!

this years iaa is a disappointment from audi-side
they should better have shown the new A8 instead of only variations of R8 and A5

itisme
September 19th, 2009, 21:53
I think the small and very powerful Diesel in the BMW ist the most impressive thing here we will see in a ordinary, buyable car.... masterpiece of engineering for me....

Toto89
September 20th, 2009, 10:49
At least after a few years, BMW is able to cope with Audi again-although, both concepts are very far from being a production model yet i'm afraid.

deveraux
October 5th, 2009, 17:34
can it be true!?
http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1036146_audi-confirms-e-tron-for-production-by-2012

would love to see an electric competition amongst the germans

RXBG
October 5th, 2009, 19:25
boring competition. but competition nonetheless. thye should focus on smaller lighter gen R8's with high revving charged engines and DSG boxes.

2800 lbs. 450 hp.

ZeroCool
October 6th, 2009, 08:13
i'm surprised that no one here talks about the merc sls e-drive
same configuration with 4 electric motors at each wheel, 392kw/533hp and 880NM/650lb/ft

3300 lb of torque in the audi e-tron - sure haha!

the poorest thing for audi and bmw, merc promises to sell the sls e-drive already in 2013!

this years iaa is a disappointment from audi-side
they should better have shown the new A8 instead of only variations of R8 and A5

how do you know, that AUDI isn't also planning to sell an electric car :)

maybe before 2013 ;)

itisme
October 6th, 2009, 08:19
That must be an april fool... useing the full amount of power you will perhaps be able to drive 50km... just like the Tesla... I don't know who is going to buy this....

The RS6
December 23rd, 2009, 17:42
E-Tron is ALIVE, driving video here:

http://www.germancarblog.com/2009/12/audi-e-tron-driven-video-proof.html

OfftheHeZie
December 24th, 2009, 07:24
4 motors at each wheel for the Audi e-tron as well (video claim). 3319 lb-ft of torque :revs:, and the cool adaptive aerodynamics :heart:. Moving cockpit is neat, but a little too much for me.

I thought the future was bio-diesel(thought Audi claimed this too). I think this car is just for show to keep the company on the light side from the perspective of certain people.

~Mason

ZeroCool
December 24th, 2009, 15:40
you're wrong ... this car is for sure not just for show ;)

AUDI is going to show an electric car as said in the video :) very soon ;)