3,9 10,7 30,8

old nardo hihg speed test

z06 up to 300 kmh 44 sec
alpina b6s 300kmh 42 sec
m6 300kmh 42 sec
911 turbo 300kmh 41 sec
gt2 300kmh 36 sec

rs6 730 hp in 36 sec

what would the r8v10 put down wiht 560-600 hp....

artur777
September 10th, 2009, 13:11
nothing it will be if even M6 is faster
R8 V10 is too slow rgrd its competitors

Next M6 will beat it for sure with great margin
facelifted 911 turbo is much-much faster as well

KresoF1
September 10th, 2009, 13:16
Today in auto motor sport

r8v10 100 200 300
4,3 13,4 46,4
Aston martin v12 vantage
4,7 15,6 68,5
911 gt3 mk2
4,4 13,8 52,6
Cadi cts-v
5,0 15,2 94
lambo murci
3,7 11,8 29,9
slr
3,9 10,7 30,8

old nardo hihg speed test

z06 up to 300 kmh 44 sec
alpina b6s 300kmh 42 sec
m6 300kmh 42 sec
911 turbo 300kmh 41 sec
gt2 300kmh 36 sec

rs6 730 hp in 36 sec

what would the r8v10 put down wiht 560-600 hp....

Clarification here is apparently needed...

997 Turbo results and all other are done two years ago when AMS measured all cars at VW test track in Germany-that track is VERY LONG STRAIGHT!
It is normal that cars are always little bit slower on Nardo...

Erik
September 10th, 2009, 13:42
One of the slowest tests for a long time...

audi_ch
September 10th, 2009, 14:06
nope, this high speed test happends every year in nardo, and indeed a few other cars wear faster, aswell 911 turbo in nardo.

See also this test here, nothing mutch about more stright.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18717&highlight=koenigsegg

we have to accept as what it is, r8v10 is a great care and a great engine, i just looks like other cars in the same price level, are faster what stright lines acceleration means..

Indeed we have to wait for new 911 turbo (maybee aswell new m6) and then we have an even comparing.

Turbo is on his way, will look forward to see what he can do in the supertest..

audi_ch
September 10th, 2009, 14:10
High speed test nardo 2008

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/fahrberichte/highspeed-test-nardo-2008-jenseits-der-300-km-h-691565.html?item=6

results at the bottom

KresoF1
September 10th, 2009, 14:52
nope, this high speed test happends every year in nardo, and indeed a few other cars wear faster, aswell 911 turbo in nardo.

See also this test here, nothing mutch about more stright.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18717&highlight=koenigsegg

we have to accept as what it is, r8v10 is a great care and a great engine, i just looks like other cars in the same price level, are faster what stright lines acceleration means..

Indeed we have to wait for new 911 turbo (maybee aswell new m6) and then we have an even comparing.

Turbo is on his way, will look forward to see what he can do in the supertest..

Sorry but, you are totally wrong. 2007 AMS tested at VW test track http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=1705

I have that issue of AMS also.

audi_ch
September 10th, 2009, 15:37
Sorry but, you are totally wrong. 2007 AMS tested at VW test track http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=1705

I have that issue of AMS also.

dont think i am wrong, i said nardo happens every year, and yes it does, never said every year with ams...

And yes 911 turbo performed on nardo aswell...

So dont get your point.

Btw 911 gt2 nardo time 34 secs up to 300kmh, contidrom time 36 sec up to 300kmh, (see link above with koenigsegg so you see 2 completly different places, simular results...

RXBG
September 10th, 2009, 17:11
V10 is fast. very fast.

but torque is king. audi needs to put a turbocharged engine and a DSG to get the most out of it in a car like the R8. the V10 will keep it competitive another 3-4 years. maybe audi should just unleash the whole 556 hp and be done with it. seems like the world throws in an R8 in every comparo while the LP560 just kind of shows up once in a while. just goes to show you which car is more alive/relevant in the world's consciousness.

PS- the CTS-V is faster in every way than the M6, so there is no way the difference is that much- conclusion-----the two tests are completely different and numbers can't be compared.

R8 England
September 10th, 2009, 22:59
Sorry, am I missing something here ???

0-100 km in 4.3 seconds ???

Much slower than Audi's own specs !!!!

I personally achieved 0-100 in 4.4 secs in my standard manual R8V8 as measured and published in "Performance VW magazine" using a Racelogic "Driftbox" GPS unit.

I have had my V10 for 3 months and acceleration is MUCH faster than V8.

The acceleration figures indicated are very slow for all cars.

audi_ch
September 11th, 2009, 08:23
Sorry, am I missing something here ???

0-100 km in 4.3 seconds ???

Much slower than Audi's own specs !!!!

I personally achieved 0-100 in 4.4 secs in my standard manual R8V8 as measured and published in "Performance VW magazine" using a Racelogic "Driftbox" GPS unit.

I have had my V10 for 3 months and acceleration is MUCH faster than V8.

The acceleration figures indicated are very slow for all cars.

wouldnt call it slow 30 sec or less for 300 kmh.

By the way on 28 degres celsius the r8v10 didnt reach his 316 kmh top speed, then an other go with 25 degres and he put down his 316 kmh top speed. Maybee he sufferd under the outside temperature.

Rarely acceleration test are made up to 300 kmh or higher, Ctvs problem is his gearing, witch defenitly make him very slow up to 300 kmh. M6 has 7 speed gearing and his extra gear helps him alot for this kind of thing.

This is by the way the reason why he can keep up with the stronger but 6 speed alpine b6s...

In the other hand the 911 gt2 is almost as fast as the murcielago up to 250-260 but loses afterwards almost 5-6 secs up to 300 kmh on him, so that must also be a kind of the gear box ratio i guess, as otherwise the gap should happend earlier around 200 kmh already..

New porsche 911 turbo will have 7 gear pdk. But his 7th gear is just an overdirve gear (instead of the m6 7th gear) means topspeed is reached in 6th gear, so i guess the new turbo will be quicker but not as mutch up to 300 kmh as we think now

audi_ch
September 11th, 2009, 08:42
ah what i didnt mentiond was that the gtr was also at the test, but after in high speed run his engine was dead.......

artur777
September 11th, 2009, 09:46
and the gtr results were...?

audi_ch
September 11th, 2009, 09:55
and the gtr results were...?

not puplished, but expect up to 300 kmh somewhere 52-54 secs

GTr los alot after 200 kmh to his competitors

Erik
September 11th, 2009, 10:13
0-300 km/h in around 30 seconds is respectable.

andreadebi
September 11th, 2009, 11:41
from another forum

the AMS article states that the NISSAN GTR could not succesfully participate in the test as its engine blew after one fast lap. No kidding.

Erik
September 11th, 2009, 12:16
from another forum

the AMS article states that the NISSAN GTR could not succesfully participate in the test as its engine blew after one fast lap. No kidding.

:hahahehe:

Oh I think we just got a need for a scan and a quick translation. :deal:

audi_ch
September 11th, 2009, 12:20
there is just one sentence with the gtr.

After one high speed lap with 314kmh he had to brake down because of the engine malfunction

KK265
September 11th, 2009, 13:31
:hahahehe:

Oh I think we just got a need for a scan and a quick translation. :deal:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/365/nardo2009.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/nardo2009.jpg/)http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/nardo2009.jpg/1/w1280.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img195/nardo2009.jpg/1/)

Geist
September 11th, 2009, 16:49
Always wonder why the GT3 is so fast. Has alot hp less (on paper..) but still can compete with V12 Vantage, R8 V10, Bentleys...

The 997.1 GT3 they had last year or two years ago (iirc) was also very fast with its "only" 415 hp.

Maybe the guys in Weissach are aerodynamic cracks or the 911 overall shape is wind slippery.. even with fat wings on the back.

Erik
September 11th, 2009, 16:55
Just like Nissan "airflow can become power..." ;)

roadrunner
September 11th, 2009, 18:44
Besides the 0-100, top speed, ... figures

The handling course times are very interresting (right below the top speed in the scan)

R8 V10 just beaten by the "out of the world" Murci and 911 GT3

Z07
September 11th, 2009, 20:05
not puplished, but expect up to 300 kmh somewhere 52-54 secs

GTr los alot after 200 kmh to his competitors
Not sure what the stock time is but with a Stage 2 Cobb AP it drops to low 30s. All of which costs less than $500.

EDIT: Yikes, were them 0-200kph times against a head-wind and up a hill?

audi_ch
September 11th, 2009, 22:49
funny, so many german gtr users with big problems, sems that german highspeed motorways are not made for gtr.

So how should survive a tuned gtr to 600 hp or more if already standard broke after a few miles...

more to read on gtr-owners.de if somebobdy is interested.

And dont trake your gtr otherwise your garantie seems to be broken if you dont get an oil change in your next HPC...

Ruergard
September 12th, 2009, 08:46
0-300 km/h in around 30 seconds is respectable.

Not more than respectable? :hihi:

Yes I know the RUF's can do better. ;);)

Z07
September 12th, 2009, 11:39
funny, so many german gtr users with big problems, sems that german highspeed motorways are not made for gtr.

So how should survive a tuned gtr to 600 hp or more if already standard broke after a few miles...

more to read on gtr-owners.de if somebobdy is interested.

And dont trake your gtr otherwise your garantie seems to be broken if you dont get an oil change in your next HPC...
Funny but there's a lot of people running 700+whp without anything like as much problems as a couple of idiots have found. Plenty of German users on the UK gtr site without any problems too. The only German GTR users with problems are Porsche employees. Tehy have problems because they don't maintain them:

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/406334/blog/10609494/

Just looking at those results, how the hell does a V12 Vantage take 15.6s to get to 200kph?

audi_ch
September 12th, 2009, 13:13
@z07 a couples of idiot

i think you should respect other people, and specialy if the owners have problems with the Gtr dont get the point about idiots...

it is quit easy, maybee 100 gtrs are sold in germany maybee 50 in switzerland so far, and yes at least 10% having problems.

Engine failures, drivertrains lost, etc.
And you telling my 700+ with no changing of any hardware is relable...

Why the v spec doestn got a power step by the factory (not speaking about 5 hp, but about 100 hp) if it is so easy to make it relable with extra horse power...

So in all respect even if you are a great gtr fan or maybee owner, there are a lot of troubles by german users with there gtrs, and specialy waiting to get the car repaird over 6 weeks or longuer, i dont call that premium...

Relaible and fast isnt cheap, cheap and fast isnt relaible, cheap and relailbe isnt fast......

Z07
September 12th, 2009, 14:19
@z07 a couples of idiot

i think you should respect other people, and specialy if the owners have problems with the Gtr dont get the point about idiots...

it is quit easy, maybee 100 gtrs are sold in germany maybee 50 in switzerland so far, and yes at least 10% having problems.

Engine failures, drivertrains lost, etc.
And you telling my 700+ with no changing of any hardware is relable...
Clutch upgrade and that's about it. The only problem I'm aware of was with repetitive launching with the original 3500rpm launch control software. That was more down to wheel-hop combined with abuse than anything else. Since then Nissan modified the LC software to launch at 2500rpm, changed the wheel bearings to reduce wheel hop and modified the mapping to ensure that 0-60 was achieved just as fast. Tuners have also developed aftermarket gear sets to allow the use of the more aggressive LC software for drag enthusiasts.

The only other issues I'm aware of, is something to do with the transmission software, which was common across all units including those used by Porsche PDKs - now fixed - and the fact that the clutches are only good for ~600whp - now fixed with aftermarket units good for 800whp.

Why the v spec doestn got a power step by the factory (not speaking about 5 hp, but about 100 hp) if it is so easy to make it relable with extra horse power...
Because it does, it's just not commonly acknowledged. The turbos on the SpecV are very different to those on the base model and it makes about 7mph more on the quarter. That equates to more than a 60kg weight difference

So in all respect even if you are a great gtr fan or maybee owner, there are a lot of troubles by german users with there gtrs, and specialy waiting to get the car repaird over 6 weeks or longuer, i dont call that premium...
Some garages suck. Same with any marque. I know Porsche and Aston drivers who've never even seen their car in the first 3 months of ownership because they've had that many problems and the service has sucked so much.

Relaible and fast isnt cheap, cheap and fast isnt relaible, cheap and relailbe isnt fast......
You should take horror stories you hear on the internet with a pinch of salt. I was told that my R32 GTR would need an upgraded crank, baffled sump and all sorts of shit to be subject to intensive driving frequently, yet here I am after 40,000 miles of running 400-odd bhp and using it almost everywhere all the time.

I've seen a BMW 320 grind its transmission because the dumbass never serviced it for 40,000 miles. I've seen Z06 engines explode after a 'mild tune' on the great internet. And now I see early production GTR gearboxes failing when launched 100+ times in a row on one night. Other users managing 20 launches over a few weeks with no problems. Any car will fail if subjected to such abuse but most will let go of the clutch first. So the problem wasn't a weak gearbox but a strong clutch in many respects. Either way, I'm sure I could own an R35 and drive it enthusiastically without ever experiencing half of these ass-hat problems and that's the test for me, as it is for many of the current happy owners.

Do you not think that just maybe, given Porsche's, shall we say, economic woes, they might have been quite desperate to wreak havoc on Nissan with propaganda. It all stinks of desperation from a failing company just prior to insolvency and takeover.

audi_ch
September 12th, 2009, 14:59
For my point of view, the gtr was announced by a 7:29 nürburgring lap time, fantastic.

Now you own a car you track it, after every track you have to visite the nissan hpc center to check your car for keeping the warranty a life.. Thats just not what i want.

the gt3 you track you go home you track again, warranty is never in issue, also the r8 for example, where you dont lose your waranty by tracking the car.

Gt2 manuels says " dont track the car bevor the first 2000km...)

Why does the gtr have sutch a strange warranti. Why doe i have to replace the oil when depassing a certain temprature, otherwise warranty is lost.

I dont know how this warranty issues are in other countrys, but it affects germany, ant that is a now go.

vspec may have other turbos, but the output is just about 5 hp more than normal (if a am correct) by less wight, but again if he is so relable he should have at least 50 hp more under warranty.

i dont know how it is in other countries, but i never heard so mutch bad news as about the gtr facing to the facts that he is so new in the market, not mutch more than 100 units sold right know in Germany. And than you read about a high speed test in nardo were the engin blew up after on fast high speed lap...

That is just not what you wanne here.

At the end, everybody have to be happy with what he get, i know for my part gtr will never be an alternat choice over the german premium cars... even if they cost the double of the nissan

KK265
September 12th, 2009, 18:52
Clutch upgrade and that's about it. The only problem I'm aware of was with repetitive launching with the original 3500rpm launch control software. That was more down to wheel-hop combined with abuse than anything else. Since then Nissan modified the LC software to launch at 2500rpm, changed the wheel bearings to reduce wheel hop and modified the mapping to ensure that 0-60 was achieved just as fast. Tuners have also developed aftermarket gear sets to allow the use of the more aggressive LC software for drag enthusiasts.

The only other issues I'm aware of, is something to do with the transmission software, which was common across all units including those used by Porsche PDKs - now fixed - and the fact that the clutches are only good for ~600whp - now fixed with aftermarket units good for 800whp.

Because it does, it's just not commonly acknowledged. The turbos on the SpecV are very different to those on the base model and it makes about 7mph more on the quarter. That equates to more than a 60kg weight difference

Some garages suck. Same with any marque. I know Porsche and Aston drivers who've never even seen their car in the first 3 months of ownership because they've had that many problems and the service has sucked so much.

You should take horror stories you hear on the internet with a pinch of salt. I was told that my R32 GTR would need an upgraded crank, baffled sump and all sorts of shit to be subject to intensive driving frequently, yet here I am after 40,000 miles of running 400-odd bhp and using it almost everywhere all the time.

I've seen a BMW 320 grind its transmission because the dumbass never serviced it for 40,000 miles. I've seen Z06 engines explode after a 'mild tune' on the great internet. And now I see early production GTR gearboxes failing when launched 100+ times in a row on one night. Other users managing 20 launches over a few weeks with no problems. Any car will fail if subjected to such abuse but most will let go of the clutch first. So the problem wasn't a weak gearbox but a strong clutch in many respects. Either way, I'm sure I could own an R35 and drive it enthusiastically without ever experiencing half of these ass-hat problems and that's the test for me, as it is for many of the current happy owners.

Do you not think that just maybe, given Porsche's, shall we say, economic woes, they might have been quite desperate to wreak havoc on Nissan with propaganda. It all stinks of desperation from a failing company just prior to insolvency and takeover.
In Greece a friend of mine after 5000 kms and no lunch control broke down because of tranny issue suddenly.Dealer replaced it.But he worries for future....Another GTR with 600 ps broke down and he paid 15000 euro for tranny raplacement.Porsche turbo can manage 600 PS without problem.

Rami
September 16th, 2009, 09:24
Friend of mine same issue. Tranny broke without reason (they replaced it but it took over 8 weeks) end a few weeks later his engine blew. He will receive a new engine but his confidence in this car is shattered.

Sad though because it really is an amazing car. I drove it and it was a blast. It's not the nicest looking cars around but it sure serves it's purpose ... if it works :)

Duma
September 17th, 2009, 12:52
http://img37.imagefra.me/img/img37/2/9/15/f_17yrsqa1ustm_38376ad.jpg (http://imagefra.me/)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5753/amusnardohighspeedtest2.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/i/amusnardohighspeedtest2.jpg/)http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8928/amusnardohighspeedtest2v.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/i/amusnardohighspeedtest2v.jpg/)
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8261/amusnardohighspeedtest2d.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/i/amusnardohighspeedtest2d.jpg/)http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5753/amusnardohighspeedtest2.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/amusnardohighspeedtest2.jpg/)
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/5753/amusnardohighspeedtest2.th.jpg (http://img2.imageshack.us/i/amusnardohighspeedtest2.jpg/)http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2333/amusnardohighspeedtest2a.th.jpg (http://img2.imageshack.us/i/amusnardohighspeedtest2a.jpg/)

KresoF1
September 18th, 2009, 12:57
BTW, high speed test also in new issue of Sport Auto.

Porsche 997.2 Turbo PDK results:

0-100km/h: 3.1s
0-200km/h:10.8s
0-300km/h:41.9s
Weight: 1606kg

Rami
September 18th, 2009, 13:00

Nice!

So the 458 gets an asswhooping till 100 but then it goes over the Porsche (10.4s to 200) ... if the numbers are correct from Ferrari.

RXBG
September 18th, 2009, 15:44
does audi have an answer for the 997.2 PDK? i think not.

KresoF1
September 18th, 2009, 17:30
does audi have an answer for the 997.2 PDK? i think not.

Hmm... We will see.

Currently only cars that are faster are 458 Italia and new McLaren.

audi_ch
September 18th, 2009, 17:56
very interesting, new porsche turbo pdk is up to 300kmh not really faster than turbo manuel...

Maybee a really healthy manuel in 2007 test..

audi r8 rs could be an answer with 120 kg less than the current v10...

ah yes mtm rs6 hat 36 secs up to 300kmh and hes braking was great to see more here

audi_ch
September 18th, 2009, 17:58
here we go

Ruergard
September 18th, 2009, 18:09

Very impressive.

RXBG
September 18th, 2009, 19:18
Hmm... We will see.

Currently only cars that are faster are 458 Italia and new McLaren.

do we have LP-560 numbers or LP-550 numbers

Z07
September 19th, 2009, 19:56
Sport Auto pdf of 0-300-0 results for range of cars and some write-up text:
http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/dat...tAuto_1009.pdf

Z07
September 19th, 2009, 23:57
Sorry, arsed that link up:
http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/data/downloads/b3/11/00/SportAuto_1009.pdf

chiandu
September 23rd, 2009, 07:50
Thanks so much 4 sharing with us,bros

Cheap used tennis ball machine for sale - Little Prince, Tennis twist, Lobster, Wilson and Playmate reviews (http://tennisballmachineinfo.com)

afonia
October 3rd, 2009, 17:49
Rolled new V10 on a distance in mile together with R8 4.2 and new RS6.

V10 Faster Rs6 and it is indecent faster R8 4.2