PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket rotors option is almost here!

V8weight
September 10th, 2009, 01:01
Found this on audizine, just in time too. I'm about due.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310486

EUROTEK//RS6
September 10th, 2009, 01:52
kinda OT, but do you have any videos of your car w/eisenmann exhaust ? thanks

V8weight
September 10th, 2009, 02:06
This is the only one I have, but it was taken with a digital camera, so you almost have to have external speakers to hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0nUsNrqlxs
I guess you can kind of hear it at the end of this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7yqnnSr8N0

DuckWingDuck
September 10th, 2009, 04:18
interesting, again, it seems like with the OEM options that are available to us these days, the $$ saved isn't going to be that great and I guess 8 pounds is 8 pounds....

mmaturo
September 10th, 2009, 06:41
interesting, again, it seems like with the OEM options that are available to us these days, the $$ saved isn't going to be that great and I guess 8 pounds is 8 pounds....

yep, within $100 of OEM and with $450 kit as a later replacement the labor (for me as i am not DIY) to unbolt/rebolt seems to run the price back up. I would be interested to know how these do in the real world. I'm due for front rotors soon.

peiserg
September 10th, 2009, 19:03
I think my replacement rings were $90 each plus shipping. That's far cheaper.

DuckWingDuck
September 10th, 2009, 19:04
right, that's the thing, when you go that route, that's how it's suppose to be, I wasn't all that impressed with the cost on the replacements..

terrytcl
September 22nd, 2009, 22:04
so, no one is planning on these?

Rez0n8r
September 23rd, 2009, 18:05
so, no one is planning on these?

I just got a set delivered this week and having them installed with the "Centric" pads tomorrow. I'll report back when I get a few miles on them.

terrytcl
September 23rd, 2009, 23:39
please fill me in on how they pan out.

i need new brakes :(

Rez0n8r
October 10th, 2009, 18:15
Ok, sorry for the slow response here... I've got the JHM aftermarket rotors and Centric pads installed on the front wheels. Here are my observations:

* The JHM rotors look well made, I think they look nicer than the stock rotors. They come with an advisory to check the torque on the 10 connecting bolts, which scared the first shop I asked to do the install.

* JHM customer service has been great, my order was shipped the same day and they followed up with me a week after the sale to make sure I was happy (this is probably because the RS6 rotors are a new product)

* Rotors are slotted, not drilled. They weigh 6 lbs less per wheel and have larger vents than the OEM.

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS:

I like to think that I can feel the effects of 6lbs less unsprung weight on the front wheels :)

The centric pads have less initial "bite" when you first press on the brake pedal compared to the OEM but they have no problem stopping the car. I actually prefer the less grabby feel during day to day driving as it's easier to come to a smooth stop.

There is a lot less dust on the wheels, and I'm happy about that.

I just got a set delivered this week and having them installed with the "Centric" pads tomorrow. I'll report back when I get a few miles on them.

V8weight
October 10th, 2009, 18:33
Ok, sorry for the slow response here... I've got the JHM aftermarket rotors and Centric pads installed on the front wheels. Here are my observations:

* The JHM rotors look well made, I think they look nicer than the stock rotors. They come with an advisory to check the torque on the 10 connecting bolts, which scared the first shop I asked to do the install.

* JHM customer service has been great, my order was shipped the same day and they followed up with me a week after the sale to make sure I was happy (this is probably because the RS6 rotors are a new product)

* Rotors are slotted, not drilled. They weigh 6 lbs less per wheel and have larger vents than the OEM.

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS:

I like to think that I can feel the effects of 6lbs less unsprung weight on the front wheels :)

The centric pads have less initial "bite" when you first press on the brake pedal compared to the OEM but they have no problem stopping the car. I actually prefer the less grabby feel during day to day driving as it's easier to come to a smooth stop.

There is a lot less dust on the wheels, and I'm happy about that.
Is there any chance that you could snap a picture of these installed? I've wondered what these would look like on the car as I really like the way that the stock rotors look with the aluminum hat. Have you noticed any unusual sounds. I've heard claims in the past that slotted rotors can emit a distinct wooshing sound during braking

Rez0n8r
October 12th, 2009, 05:40
I should be able to get a cellphone pic tomorrow. No "odd" noises, they have been completely silent.

Is there any chance that you could snap a picture of these installed? I've wondered what these would look like on the car as I really like the way that the stock rotors look with the aluminum hat. Have you noticed any unusual sounds. I've heard claims in the past that slotted rotors can emit a distinct wooshing sound during braking