PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware: Same car is listed in two states from two sellers. 03RS in FL and TX

DHall1
September 9th, 2009, 05:31
I dont get it. Autotrader ad in FL. $31,500 :w:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=265114316&dealer_id=57510458&car_year=2003&rdm=1252469998946&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85222&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1782&standard=false&rdpage=thumb&captcha=success

And ebay ad in TX. $37,400 :eye:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6-AWD_W0QQitemZ270453485481QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Car s_Trucks?hash=item3ef848afa9&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Same car in two states. Same pics. Only one is $6,000 more money. :w:

:deal:

Used car salespeople. Got to love them.

RS6-4dr911
September 9th, 2009, 20:51
Isn't that a fairly common "scam" of sorts? He sells it (theoretically only of course) on e-bay and then goes and purchases it from the autotrader seller. Nothing really illegal about it if he's VERY careful with his wording in the auction. (I didn't waste time checking it out). Sort of like a short sale, isn't it Dave?

This is making the very large assumption that the e-bayer isn't a complete slime ball con-artist that will simply take the deposit and run.

Edit: Okay, so I had to look. If that guy so much as draws a bid anywhere close to that price mine's going on the block. (I'll sleep well tonight secure that my car will be mine for quite a while)

DonS
September 9th, 2009, 21:15
The Autotrader seller should be able to stop the eBay auction as the eBayer is using the Autotrader's photos. I wonder if the Autotrader seller knows about the eBay ad?

DHall1
September 9th, 2009, 22:25
I didnt point any fingers this time. I only gave the facts. I didnt place any post in the Carfax or call anyone a crook.

:cool2:

As for a short sale. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Actually several but each legal way has very strict regulation and margin requirements. If you aint rich you cant short anything and get away with it.

But for fun go over and research TZA. Take a look at the Jan10 50 calls. All those folks are looking for a market crash. Will we see it? Not sayin it will happen but the big firms are selling out of positions faster then Joan Rivers trips to each plastic surgeons offices.

LOL

:nana:

Isn't that a fairly common "scam" of sorts? He sells it (theoretically only of course) on e-bay and then goes and purchases it from the autotrader seller. Nothing really illegal about it if he's VERY careful with his wording in the auction. (I didn't waste time checking it out). Sort of like a short sale, isn't it Dave?

This is making the very large assumption that the e-bayer isn't a complete slime ball con-artist that will simply take the deposit and run.

Edit: Okay, so I had to look. If that guy so much as draws a bid anywhere close to that price mine's going on the block. (I'll sleep well tonight secure that my car will be mine for quite a while)