PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware RS6 in Fl and history.

DHall1
September 8th, 2009, 06:13
This poor car. I wish someone would just fix the transmission and move on. Oh well, the price has dropped so it may be worth a second look.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=267688244&dealer_id=2014335&car_year=2003&rdm=1252384146973&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85222&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1811&standard=false&rdpage=thumb&captcha=success

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18761&highlight=buyer+beware

R1
September 8th, 2009, 13:51
tsk tsk
to think this car had been a queen in my garage for a few days makes me more sad, if i just have extra money, i'll take it (but of course a little more lower on the price will do it)

DHall1
September 8th, 2009, 18:09
I hear ya.

It looked like a nice car. Too bad the caddy dealer didnt stand behind the sale. There is where the fault lies.

Maroone Caddy made the choice to take back the car and auction it to a poor sap instead. Knowing full well the trans was toast.

V8weight
September 8th, 2009, 23:13
I thought that the last wholesale dealer in possession of this car was getting the torque converter replaced? Did that not happen? I had forgotten all about that thread. What ever became of your friend "Audi Geek" Dave? It doesn't appear that he was banned, he just kind of went away. Good riddance, You could say the day he left, RS6.com took a healthy dump.:harass:

DHall1
September 8th, 2009, 23:28
Geek only had about 5 posts anyway. He was just pissed I rained on his parade. Its not a good idea to attempt fraud on insurance companies. We all pay in the end.

Edit: Make that 4 posts.

R1
September 9th, 2009, 06:20
no dealership really wants to fix the issue on TC neither any buyer, the only way to sell this car is to lower the price, much much lower to cover the TC repair unless of course they defraud the insurance which had been pointed out by Dave in prior posts but i still wonder no one has bought it yet, it's a nice car really

by the way i forgot to return the extra key, i still have it, anyone wants a test drive :)

Keyser Soze
September 12th, 2009, 04:34
This car was sold at a Manheim Auto Auction for $16.5K a month ago - an absolute steal. Plus when it was purchased, there was still about a month of CPO left - plenty of time to get the tranny fixed under warranty! (if you know the right people...)

R1
September 12th, 2009, 11:41
16.5 wow :bigeyes:

and the dealer wants 8k on top of that wow again :bigeyes::vgrumpy:

we need to get a dealer license

DHall1
September 15th, 2009, 07:00
Apparently this new dealer may have fixed the car. If you can trust that a voltage issue fixed the TC code and the TC really didnt need a replacement. Hmmmm, a known failure point on this car and presto it was a wire connection. Really?

Look at the change in the posting on Autotrader.

RS6.com is mentioned. Bravo

The price has been removed and the seller is going to offer the car as is on ebay for no reserve.

Again, a stand up guy if its true. And easy to do if you paid 16k for the car.

I would give him 18k. I can change the TC

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=267688244&dealer_id=2014335&car_year=2003&rdm=1252993997950&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85222&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=1811&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

carguy Marshall
September 24th, 2009, 18:24
:mech:We did find out that the torq converter was bad and the low voltage only reset the codes for a short time. Audi of Melbourne Fl is installing the new torq converter and finishing the dsc campaign today. Thanks for all your intrest in this car. It is a great car and im glag we got such a good deal. I have the car sold and the buyer is excited to get his new car!

We go to auctions 5 days a week and would be glad to help find the car of your dreams

888-948-9995

R1
September 24th, 2009, 21:26
i'm glad the buyer got a good deal

have him contact me through this site, if he wants an extra key (i still got the valet key for this car)

:incar:

DHall1
September 25th, 2009, 04:30
First. Thank you guys for standing behind the car and fixing the TC.

Second. I did say the wiring would NOT fix this condition. I said it all along....

:brag:

doh!

:doh:

:mech:We did find out that the torq converter was bad and the low voltage only reset the codes for a short time. Audi of Melbourne Fl is installing the new torq converter and finishing the dsc campaign today. Thanks for all your intrest in this car. It is a great car and im glag we got such a good deal. I have the car sold and the buyer is excited to get his new car!

We go to auctions 5 days a week and would be glad to help find the car of your dreams

888-948-9995

mmaturo
September 25th, 2009, 05:37
the internet really is a pretty cool thing. This thread is singular proof of that...send the new owner our way and seriously thank-you for getting it right.

Jlutz
October 20th, 2009, 03:35
Hey R1 and All - I purchased this RS6 thru carguy Marshall. He said the TC was replaced and I verified this thru Audi. I received the car in NY this week and the Tranny slipped right away during light and hard acceleration. Fortuneately I'm protected as I paid for a post sale inspection thru Manheim as the auction passed the car???? Now they're on the hook to either fix it or buy the car back. Bottom line here is, I don't think carguy Marshall would be my choice to buy my next car from. The only saving grace here is that I'm a dealer and have the auction as recourse. I think if a retail customer bought this beautiful Avus Silver RS6 from Marshall, they would have been screwed!!! Because of all your comments and debate I was able to make an informed decision and protect myself and my buddy I ultimately bought this car for. Thanks Guys!!! Joe

DuckWingDuck
October 20th, 2009, 03:42
I swear this car must be cursed.

R1
October 20th, 2009, 03:46
that's the beauty of this forum

an RS6'er serving a fellow RS6'er :rs6kiss:

R1
October 20th, 2009, 03:48
I swear this car must be cursed.

i'm glad the curse went away from my hands quickly

R1
October 20th, 2009, 03:50
First. Thank you guys for standing behind the car and fixing the TC.

Second. I did say the wiring would NOT fix this condition. I said it all along....

doh!

:doh:

DAVE is absolutely right !!!

/

DHall1
October 20th, 2009, 04:12
If we go all the way back to square 1 and the first thread from R1. I said right from the get go....At minimum this is a TC and be ready for a complete trans replacement.

Dont mess with RS6.com

Bada bing, bada bang, bada boom.

When the crystal ball is good to you. You must give it a kiss.

Jlutz
October 21st, 2009, 00:22
What Kills me is that the Audi Dealer in Melbourne FL had the engine/tranny out to replace the TC, they should have done it right and replaced the tranny while the car was apart. Kind of like replacing the waterpump without doing the timing belt at the same time??? Urrrrgggg!!!!

Credit to DHall- You called it

ben916
October 21st, 2009, 00:58
Dave, is there a chicken sammich in the future???

carguy Marshall
October 21st, 2009, 03:45
To defend myself, I disclosed everything I knew about this car to EVERONE the only reason this jlutz guy knows about rs6.com is because I directed him,his buyer and everyone else that inquired about this car here to read the real story. I paid over $4000.00 in repairs to Audi of Melbourne and they gave this car a clean bill of heath before I took it to the auction and sold it to this guy. He spoke to Audi and they told him it had no issues. I drove the car from Melbourne to Daytona with no issues. To say I did something wrong is just that wrong. I also bought the guy the nav disk for his region so the nav would work when he got the car. I suggested he get the car inspected at Manheim and it passed because there was no issue. While Im glad the auction is going to stand behind the car. I did everything possible to deliver a nice car to this guy .

DHall1
October 21st, 2009, 04:21
+1

You did more than any other dealer that laid hands on that car. You are a stand up person.

I dont think anyone on this site would say other.

To defend myself, I disclosed everything I knew about this car to EVERONE the only reason this jlutz guy knows about rs6.com is because I directed him,his buyer and everyone else that inquired about this car here to read the real story. I paid over $4000.00 in repairs to Audi of Melbourne and they gave this car a clean bill of heath before I took it to the auction and sold it to this guy. He spoke to Audi and they told him it had no issues. I drove the car from Melbourne to Daytona with no issues. To say I did something wrong is just that wrong. I also bought the guy the nav disk for his region so the nav would work when he got the car. I suggested he get the car inspected at Manheim and it passed because there was no issue. While Im glad the auction is going to stand behind the car. I did everything possible to deliver a nice car to this guy .

DHall1
October 21st, 2009, 04:22
Yep,

I get the whole chicken.

:hihi:

Dave, is there a chicken sammich in the future???

Yellow RS6
October 21st, 2009, 14:12
This car was sold at a Manheim Auto Auction for $16.5K a month ago - an absolute steal. Plus when it was purchased, there was still about a month of CPO left - plenty of time to get the tranny fixed under warranty! (if you know the right people...)

This is what a dealer offered me for my car! They said it was based on recent auctions, and I asked if that was Manheim and they said yes. This is probably the car they were referring to. So they based my appraisal on an auction car with a bad TC? Now I really dislike them (Jim Ellis btw). I was at their Mazda dealer and the appraiser there said the GM of the Audi dealer even got involved in the process and was hesitant because of the color. But you know they would have turned it into a big selling point for themselves (while asking $30K+ for it). Bastards! :vgrumpy:

Jlutz
October 21st, 2009, 22:51
Marshall-you didn't return my calls and or e-mail?? Suspicious?? Send me the invoice of repair from Audi for proof, and explain why you drove it all the way to the Daytona Auction to sell it to me and not the Manheim Orlando Auction near you???? I believe that was well orchestrated because you did not want the Orlando auction to inspect the car because it was sold there and flagged as a problem car with tranny issues. I thank you for the NAV disc, however, I'll give you back the disc, if you cover the bad trans bill? Come clean and I tell everybody you did the right thing.

carguy Marshall
October 22nd, 2009, 02:17
First of all you and you buyer spoke to Audi of Melbourne and know I fixed the tc and they gave the car a clean bill of health...several other members of this forum called them also. I will send you a copy of the bill again. I never received a call or email from you or anyone in regards to this car having a trans problem. The reason I sold it through Daytona was I had a closed Infiniti sale to attend the day after the car was ready and tried to expedite getting you the car. As you know the problem file notes for a car follow it through the whole Manheim system and I was not hiding from anything because I fixed the TC problem. It didnt have a trans problem when the inspector drove it in Daytona. I was at Daytona today and spoke to the Lady that did the deal she claimed you never called her and said you had a problem with the trans. The Post sale warranty is only good for 14 days after the sale takes place.

carguy Marshall
October 22nd, 2009, 02:37
It is a very nice car and I hope you get help from the auction if the transmission now has a problem. I like you can only deliver what I promise. How do we know that the trans did not go out when your customer got in it and showed his buddies what the bad ass car he just bought could do? It is a Used car and things go wrong.

You bought the car on Oct 7TH so today was the last day to file a claim against the Post Sale Inspection I hope you did that.

Spidercat
October 22nd, 2009, 02:50
This thread has degraded to the level of the Jerry Springer show or something on the Fox "News" channel. :boring:

Jlutz
October 22nd, 2009, 03:04
Just for the record the car was delivered to me on 10/14 and The transporter backed it off the truck and the tranny failed right away. The trucker told me right off the bat something doesn't feel right. I took it for a quick ride up the road, the tranny slipped and I reported it to Jenny at Manheim arbitration on 10/15. There were no beatings, or hard test drives. It was a nice car that wasn't repaired properly that's it. Fortunately a retail buyer didn't buy it directly from Marshall because they would have been hung out to dry.

R1
October 22nd, 2009, 04:50
to bring back memories on this "famous" RS6, here are some pics of this ex-garage queen :)

DHall1
October 22nd, 2009, 05:12
Poor RS6....

:nana:

Such a shame

to bring back memories on this "famous" RS6, here are some pics of this ex-garage queen :)

carguy Marshall
October 22nd, 2009, 06:41
I didnt sell this car to a retail customer I sold it to a dealer and disclosed the previous issues. Paid for the repairs and an ASE certified mechanic inspected the car and Passed it twice once at Audi and once at Manheim Daytona. Hopefully Your mechanic can get it right.

This car is cursed!