PDA

View Full Version : Weird sound on my RS6..need help guys

mimors6
September 7th, 2009, 16:18
Guys, some weird sound is coming from my Rs6. It happens when i put on Park and the car is up hill or down hill. When i put Reverse it goes hard, doesnt go smooth and makes a clang sound. It happens even when i put D..so i have to go trough R.

Itīs a feeling like domething is in the way on R and goes hard to change gears. Happens only when i park the car. When on normal street with no up hill or down hill it changes smooth.

Is my gearbox going bye bye or what?:vgrumpy:

SpinEcho
September 7th, 2009, 18:56
This may sound pretty basic, but since you say this is happening on hills, I hope you are first engaging neutral and using your handbrake before placing the transmission in park....

If you aren't, the 'clang' is probably your parking pin asking you to please not punish it so badly!

SAF
September 7th, 2009, 22:16
This may sound pretty basic, but since you say this is happening on hills, I hope you are first engaging neutral and using your handbrake before placing the transmission in park....

If you aren't, the 'clang' is probably your parking pin asking you to please not punish it so badly!

Exactly right. You are describing the sound of the shifter trying to change while there is a load on the gear. I always park the car with the hand brake engaged after the car is in neutral. With foot brake on, I put it in neutral to take load off trans, pull Ebrake and only then do I put it in Park.

mimors6
September 7th, 2009, 23:11
Now i look pretty stupid....thanks a lot guys for explaining.....donīt understand why i never did that before. Thank god a changed girlfriend and her hause is up hill...if not i woudnīd notice that sound untill today:-)

snoopra
September 8th, 2009, 02:46
You're not stupid, it's only stupid to not ask a question.