PDA

View Full Version : Used RS6 with ceramic brakes for sale (UK)

KarlMarx
September 4th, 2009, 19:59
Hi,

Hope no-one minds but I'd like to mention that my RS6 is for sale. It's the only used RS6 with ceramic brakes for sale in the UK at the moment, as far as I can tell.

The web address below should take you to the right advert on autotrader.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/AUDI+RS6/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-164-240-4294954521-4294966807/advert.action?R=200936341033732&distance=0&postcode=ip33+3dr&channel=CARS&make=AUDI&model=RS6&min_pr=50000&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2008&vehicleRegLetter=58

KM

Erik
September 5th, 2009, 09:40
I don't mind.

Did you see the verdict from EVO's fast fleet?

Good luck with your sale

sallyh
September 6th, 2009, 12:58
Hi

Sorry to be a bit presumptive -I hope it wasn't the horrible noise from the ceramic brakes? I'm a bit nervous about it myself.

KarlMarx
September 6th, 2009, 22:20
I haven't had the noise now for about 12 000 miles and even then it was only when it was cold or very wet.

And having done 295 kph last week in Germany and needing to stop really rather suddenly when a volvo pulled out in front without looking, they certainly scrubbed off the speed with no problems.

sallyh
September 7th, 2009, 12:24
Hi

I'd very much agree that the ceramic brakes are up to the task - sorry about appearing a bit grumpy - no autobahns here in Australia but they certainly work very well on the track at admitedly lesser speeds than you have done. Just don't get stones stuck in them (dealer had a second go at it today and got them all out to work perfectly so no horrible noise). Yeah! All the best with your sale. You must be buying something really exciting.

KarlMarx
September 11th, 2009, 16:36
Quick update - it sold in the end for £56k which I was satisfied with given the mileage in comparison to others on sale at the moment. A broker bought it in the end. Initially I was offered £47k by an Audi dealer so I just wanted to say - anyone thinking about selling privately should go for it. In one week on Autotrader I've had three phonecalls about it and the two that phoned after I'd sold it sounded like dealers.

xpl0sive
September 11th, 2009, 18:15
how much did you pay for it new if you don't mind me asking?

KarlMarx
September 11th, 2009, 19:09
It was £88k new. So I look on it as costing me a little over £1.50 a mile which to me doesn't make it sound as painful!

xpl0sive
September 11th, 2009, 19:10
ouch... 30k is a lot of money for a year. why did you decide to sell? didnt like the car?

KarlMarx
September 11th, 2009, 19:39
During the last year we've been to Germany a lot and it makes a huge amount more sense on the autobahns. Now we're not doing that and driving with it around the UK where you can only use its power minimally is frustrating and I find not enjoyable. Yes it's great when you can open it up but to my mind, not worth the money so I decided to sell it and get something more down to earth for the family motor. I also have a Lotus Exige S2 which still allows me to let rip when I want on the back roads. Also, every time I jump in the Exige, I am smiling within 2 miles. Whilst I obviously enjoyed the RS6, it didn't light my fire as much as the Exige does each time every time. Clearly they're very different cars though.

There were other niggles like the dealership were more "BMW" than "Audi" and once I'd signed on the bottom line, didn't really seem to care that I'd just bought one of their flagship cars with all the bells and whistles. Very, very disappointing. In fact so disappointing I don't think I'd own an Audi from them again.

So I guess I've gone from having a car that I had thought could do it all (lug all the family around with amazing performance) to having a car that can lug all the family around (which car is yet to be decided) and having another car that has amazing performance (the Exige).

Oh, and if you ever drive one back from the eastern side of Germany to the UK, you can expect to fill the tank twice in the same day and then need to re-fill it the next day. I realised it drank fuel like a fish and it's not a complaint, just an observation.

DuckWingDuck
September 11th, 2009, 22:49
exactly on all points. This is part of what's making me feel like I am moving away from my previous gen RS6 as well. As I told my tech when we went to lunch today, the RS6 is a compromise, don't get me wrong, it's the ultimate and best compromise but at the end of the day, it is still a compromise.