PDA

View Full Version : C6 RS6 Avant Ceramic brakes horrible noise

sallyh
September 4th, 2009, 08:54
Hi

I've got a C6 RS6 with ceramic brakes. When I fully brake to a stop at low speeds, there is a very unpleasant slightly grinding noise from one or both (not sure) of the front brakes. Car has done about 3000 kms and this noise is very recent. Dealer thought it was a stone stuck in the brakes and dismantled calipers to reveal minute stones. But the noise is still there! Has anyone else experienced this or has any ideas - should I try a few hard stops from faster speeds or might this do damage if there is some problem? The noise is there no matter what temperature the brakes are. Otherwise, the brakes, pads, are great.

KarlMarx
September 4th, 2009, 20:03
Hi

This happened with my ceramics when I first had them. It was particularly bad in the cold or wet. It hasn't happened for a while now so it may just be linked to them being new. My dealer also didn't have a clue, but then they've been pretty mediocre anyway.

KM

sallyh
September 5th, 2009, 02:08
Thanks - I'm taking it back to the dealer on Monday to get it all looked at again - hopefully they will find something and fix it.