PDA

View Full Version : Trying out new calipers.... advice?

xpl0sive
September 3rd, 2009, 22:33
hey guys, so I'm thinking about grabbing these calipers i saw listed on ebay.de... they are the Audi "ceramic" calipers that go on the ceramic rotors for the R8 and the RS6... they calipers are going for 500 euro, which is really cheap for big 6 piston calipers, so i figured hell, why not see if i can make them work... so what i'm looking for is some kind of measurements of the ceramic rotors that those calipers are supposed to go on... i think the rotors are supposed to be 420mm, but i was thinking about making the C6 RS6 steel rotors work with those calipers, the 390mm ones... anyone think its possible? are the C6 steel rotors thick enough? or am i just crazy and wasting my money on these calipers? i figure I can sell them afterwards without too much effort if i can't make them work...

vangelis
September 3rd, 2009, 23:07
R u sure??? Audi "ceramic" calipers ??? the only Audi "ceramic" calipers on ebay.de are going for EUR 15.999!!!
http://cgi.ebay.de/Nachruestsatz-Keramik-Bremsanlage-Quattro-GmbH-RS6-V10_W0QQitemZ300342279475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutote ile_Zubeh%C3%B6r?hash=item45edcb7d33&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

xpl0sive
September 3rd, 2009, 23:51
ya in that ad the rotors are included. the calipers i found for sale are only the calipers...

vangelis
September 4th, 2009, 10:10
But I doubt that they can work and produce same stopping power with non-ceramic rotors.