PDA

View Full Version : Good Web Forum to Sell RS6?

Texas RS6
September 3rd, 2009, 21:32
:vgrumpy:I have had a substantial loss in income recently and may need to sell my RS6. Where is the bet place to list it to avoid the Morons and A-Holes?:addict:

FYI:
42K on the miles
New Michelin Tires
Hot Bars
APR Exhaust
Revo Tune and Select Plus
Dealer Recall for DRC complete
Dealer warranty service for TQ Converter
Tinted Windows
Dayton with Silver or White
Stock Wheels
No Crash Damage... Ever
Needs Nothing

dmross
September 3rd, 2009, 21:38
I've had good luck with Autotrader.com for both buying and selling.

The only bad thing is the people who call and want to list your car somewhere else for the "small $300 fee". Easy to avoid though - for anyone who calls, just ask them flat-out, "Are you personally interested in purchasing this vehicle from me?" If they pause or don't directly answer, hang up!

You may also want to try vehix.com, their search is MUCH better than autotrader. Also, it can't hurt to put it on eBay with a reserve price.

Good luck!

Texas RS6
September 3rd, 2009, 21:44
Thanks. I have been a part of all of the above. That was the part about A-Holes! :lovl:

I guess with a 2003 RS6 we don't to compete with the dealers too much anymore.

SAF
September 3rd, 2009, 21:57
Sorry to hear of your situation. If you'll shoot me the asking price and the color combos, I'll let a few folks know down here.

DuckWingDuck
September 3rd, 2009, 22:27
This is a decent place but all the standard places like autotrader, cars.com etc seem to be decent options.

SAFE4NOW
September 3rd, 2009, 23:34
I have an open spot on the showroom floor for a few weeks until the next car is scheduled to show up.

You are more than welcome to bring it by. We will do the PPI in advance so any potential buyers will have the information they need to make an offer. It's inside the building so it's safe, and I know a thing or two about Rs6's , so I can answer questions on your behalf if you like.

I would put it on e-bay, autotrader, craigslist, and maybe duPont Registry and give them my contact info to screen buyers for you.

Just a thought...

Steve

DHall1
September 4th, 2009, 04:01
Steve,

That is nice of you to offer.

Cheers to Steve. :rs6kiss:

Give us the cost and some pics. ?? 36k?

I have an open spot on the showroom floor for a few weeks until the next car is scheduled to show up.

You are more than welcome to bring it by. We will do the PPI in advance so any potential buyers will have the information they need to make an offer. It's inside the building so it's safe, and I know a thing or two about Rs6's , so I can answer questions on your behalf if you like.

I would put it on e-bay, autotrader, craigslist, and maybe duPont Registry and give them my contact info to screen buyers for you.

Just a thought...

Steve

Texas RS6
September 13th, 2009, 00:04
Need some descent weather to take some pics. I'll let it go in the small $30's.

Looks as delivered expt the APR Exhaust Tips. Very minimal wear.

DHall1
September 15th, 2009, 03:13
Ben916

Here is the car for you.

Lets get this deal done while you can still buy the Fidelity/Audi ext warranty.

ben916
September 15th, 2009, 17:52
ok found the bump, thanks Dave!

ben916
September 15th, 2009, 17:52
Texas RS6, photos please :)

Texas RS6
September 15th, 2009, 18:46
I will get them tomorrow. Corp Taxes due today!

Texas RS6
September 17th, 2009, 14:56
It has been raining here for over a week. I can take pics of the car wet and slightly dirty if you want them. Let me know.

Do like the quattro in the rain.

kju
September 17th, 2009, 16:13
piiiicccctures please :D

Texas RS6
September 17th, 2009, 17:48
I have images of the car with 10 days of rain on it. I have not cleaned it up. Since I keep the car clean most of the time anyway it doesn't show.

I'll send images to email addresses.

Thanks. :addict:

jbtexas
September 18th, 2009, 04:26
hey, Texas RS6...

I am local to Dallas, previous RS6 owner, thinking about maybe buying another one :D

can you please include me on your email distribution jbtrichel@aol.com

DuckWingDuck
September 18th, 2009, 06:22
jonathan, welcome back. I think we managed to convince him to post the pictures.

Texas RS6, if you need a place to host the pics, let me know :-)

Texas RS6
September 18th, 2009, 15:03
The car is really dirty on the outside. I managed these images between storms yesterday. :vgrumpy:

I plan to clean it up and put in Autotrader this weekend.

DHall1
September 18th, 2009, 16:12
You have RS6 brothers interested in the car. Give them a shot at the car first.

It takes 30min to drive to a local car wash and just spray the car off. Then snap some pics before leaving the car wash.

Not going to be many people in line if its raining.

:-)

The car is really dirty on the outside. I managed these images between storms yesterday. :vgrumpy:

I plan to clean it up and put in Autotrader this weekend.

Texas RS6
September 18th, 2009, 16:19
You have RS6 brothers interested in the car. Give them a shot at the car first.

It takes 30min to drive to a local car wash and just spray the car off. Then snap some pics before leaving the car wash.

Not going to be many people in line if its raining.

:-)

Never! I will always wash my car by hand.

I would prefer to sell to RS6 brothers or like minded enthusiasts.

DHall1
September 18th, 2009, 16:32
To clarify.

Self serve car wash with the hand sprayer. You can spray off 88% of the grime without touching the paint. Then snap some quick pics

I promoted your car to Ben on this list last weekend at the Julian Run. He is interested.

Never! I will always wash my car by hand.

I would prefer to sell to RS6 brothers or like minded enthusiasts.

Texas RS6
September 18th, 2009, 16:40
I sent him images and have not heard back from him. It is not like it has been off roadin' It just has road spray on it.

TDLI
September 18th, 2009, 17:49
can you pm me with your asking price? thanks.

ben916
September 18th, 2009, 21:01
I sent him images and have not heard back from him. It is not like it has been off roadin' It just has road spray on it.

I got the photos! Thank you!

Texas RS6
September 22nd, 2009, 23:21
Okay, I did get the car washed and took some good pictures of it. I have sent them to those that asked. Let me know.
:R8kiss:

Texas RS6
September 28th, 2009, 18:16
Before I have to put it on Autotrader and deal with the uninformed.