PDA

View Full Version : group buy on intercoolers

xpl0sive
September 2nd, 2009, 18:29
hey guys, i just noticed that there's a group buy on the 034 intercoolers over at audizine... not sure if anyone is interested, but i figured i might as well post it here...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308896

Bolt in intercooler kit for the C5 RS6 4.2T. Approximately twice the size of stock intercoolers. Developed with CAD software, this kit is perfect fit manufactured to precise tolerances. Includes everything you will need to install behind the OEM bumper. Some very minor trimming may be required. High quality bar and plate core and cast end tanks mean smooth flow and consistent fit.

034Motorsport RS6 intercooler Dimensions

Height 10.2” (255mm)
Width 9” (230mm)
Depth 4.13” (105mm)
Exposed Core Volume: 376 Cubic Inches

Stock RS6 Intercooler Dimensions.

Height 10” (250mm)
Width 8” (205mm)
Depth 2.55” (65mm)
Exposed Core Volume: 203 Cubic Inches

These intercoolers are currently in stock and will begin shipping as soon as the Group Buy list is complete. Payment is required in advance.

We are offering $245 off of retail pricing for the Group Buy and the price INCLUDES the carbon fibre shrouds!

Retail: $1995
034Motorsport Group Buy: $1750

This pricing is only available for the first 10 people.To jump on the list simply post in here or send over a PM:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

hahnmgh63
September 2nd, 2009, 18:54
The 034 kit is the Wagner intercoolers from Germany, same ones that Grizz is selling and currently testing. These go in the stock location, not behind the bumper as in not FMIC. I may go ahead and get into one of these as I know one of mine (passenger side is leaking, I have a spare drivers side but that one is fine for now. Anyone need a set of OEM coolers, two drivers side and one passenger(leaking).

hahnmgh63
September 2nd, 2009, 19:35
Ok, I just sent 034 a PM, still expensive but since one of mine is leaking I might as well do the upgrade.

xpl0sive
September 2nd, 2009, 19:59
seems like not a bad deal to me... upgraded intercoolers with the carbon fiber shrouds for a cheaper price than two OEM intercoolers...

scottmandu
September 2nd, 2009, 20:27
seems like not a bad deal to me... upgraded intercoolers with the carbon fiber shrouds for a cheaper price than two OEM intercoolers...

Which cooler is leaking, Audi has the left RS6 intercooler Pn (077 145 805 F) for about 150 bucks.

List price for both the coolers is about $1100.00.

hahnmgh63
September 2nd, 2009, 21:06
Just my luck, my left cooler is Ok and I have a good spare left, the right is the one leaking. I just checked and came up with a price of $475.95 for the left (077 145 805F/077145705) and $642.20 for the right (0771450806F/077 145 804). I'm not sure what the difference is between the two part #'s but ETKA shows the split at the last six of the VIN of 905000 whereas my last six are 904756 so mine would be the "F" suffix although World Impex came up with an interchangeable part #.

uberrs6
September 2nd, 2009, 23:39
Any speculation on what these do to intake temp's? Here in Phoenix when the ambient air is above 100 my intake temp is 230 or better. Heat soak is my number 1 gripe with this car. It sits in the garage from June through October because of it. I suspect that much of this heat is residual coming from the engine rather than compressing the air. Therefore I doubt if bigger intercoolers will help. There was a thread recently about re-locating the intake air temp sensor. Seems like moving that sensor out of the aluminum intake manifold that sits above the combustion process might be a good idea.

hahnmgh63
September 3rd, 2009, 01:22
With the intercoolers low and out front, and ducted like they are, I wouldn't imagine that they get too much heat soak. The intake pipes in the engine compartment and intake manifold obviously get some heat soak. Maybe enough heat soak to overcome the stock intercoolers. Grizz, what are your impressions since you installed them in your car?

uberrs6
September 3rd, 2009, 02:38
Perhaps heat soak is not a good word for it. Due to the location of the intake air sensor it may be attributed to false readings. I'd love to know what the air temp is just after the intercooler while isolating engine heat. With regards to the heat soak topic, cars with the hot weather package like mine have additional radiators riveted to the intercoolers. These radiators have no fans to pull the hot air away from the intercoolers when stopped and that heat radiates into and is absorbed by the intercoolers. I call mine interwarmers...

peiserg
September 3rd, 2009, 06:24
eh? Heat soak? What's that? Can't drive from april till october? Why buy the car?

Oh yeah. I forgot. Not everyone in phoenix installed the water injection system. :harass:

uberrs6
September 3rd, 2009, 20:22
Please tell me more... What type of system? Where do you inject the water? When do you inject the water? Only under boost? how much water do you use? Any long term side effects of injesting water?

Thanks in advance...

peiserg
September 3rd, 2009, 21:19
if you're in phoenix, PM me your number and we can get together to oogle each others' rides. I'm in NW phoenix... peoria actually. 67th ave/101 but i work downtown.

It is like night and day! The first summer (2006) i had the rs6... i thought there was a problem with the car... Took it to Audi north scottsdale, LaSeure Audi in tempe, and Eksclusiv in Glendale...

everyone said it was crap gas and heat... no problems with car.

Top of the line aquamist setup with pre-intercooler (2) injection and (1) shot down the main intake pipe.. the pump is massive, the install was incredible (priced accordingly, too!).

the effect is just short of awesome. Full power... ALL THE TIME!

woohoo!

uberrs6
September 3rd, 2009, 21:44
PM sent...

Sorry for hijacking the thread... I may be interested in those intercoolers after all. Lets see what I can do with this water injection...

DuckWingDuck
September 3rd, 2009, 22:30
do a search for aquamist, someone posted a link to an Audiworld forum and there was talk of a group buy before but I think that sort of petered out.

UPDATE: found it in my bookmark list: http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng80a.shtml

uberrs6
September 4th, 2009, 05:24
Thanks for that great article. Sounds like the author is advocating water injection as away to make more power and as a substitute for octane. My car is stock and I just want my cold weather power back. Turns out peiserg and I are almost neighbors and he has an Aquamist system installed so we will get together and compare notes.

Thanks again for the link

hahnmgh63
September 13th, 2009, 02:08
Any other takers on these. Ours are shitty quality but a fairly good design. Word on the street is that these are a much better quality and a fair amount larger.

Shoppinit
September 15th, 2009, 13:21
Would be nice to see some concrete values in terms of performance / charge cooling.

hahnmgh63
September 15th, 2009, 18:51
It would be nice to see some data logging that was done and I thought I remember seeing a post where Grizz was going to do this. Some of the Euro guys already using them said there was a seat of the pants feel difference but maybe they were going from leaking coolers to a non-leaking coolers? I know that one of mine is leaking and I don't want to replace with OEM which are crap as we all know. It isn't really so much the design as the quality of the welds/material. The Wagners are larger which should help with the longer runs or track time but if you don't ever track your car and your current coolers aren't leaking (Seems like almost 50% are) then you are better off for now staying with what you have.

Boost+V8=:)
September 18th, 2009, 19:05
Bump for Issam at 034 and for a really nice kit. The carbon shrouds really make it for me haha.

terrytcl
September 19th, 2009, 16:31
i'm probably a go on the kit