PDA

View Full Version : ain't broke, don't fix...right?

PatriotRSX
September 1st, 2009, 17:33
Folks,

Been reading about everyone's "new" DRC experience. Seems like it's hit-or-miss across the board.

I've owned mine since Oct '08 and 46k miles, and I've already played the transmission and right-front CV joint games to the tune of a couple grand.

Now I'm at about 53k miles, and I've just measured from center hub to fender arch all around--they're all approx 14.5", and I've never heard the dreaded 'clunk' or had any complaints with the suspension, knock on wood. I've had both DRC letters sitting on my desk for awhile now, and I'm wondering...

...do I move to update the DRC?

I live in Las Vegas, and I'd definitely drive to Scottsdale to have it done where Qisha says to have it done, probably coincident with the 55k service (side question: how much should the 55k service cost?).

What do you guys think?

SAF
September 1st, 2009, 17:40
This service action only has an 18 month life. If your car has not failed yet, it surely will. If you aren't wanting to spend money onn an aftermarket system, I would surely get the new struts installed near the end of the availabity window, thus extending your time forward under the 12/12 warranty.

DuckWingDuck
September 1st, 2009, 17:42
What our friend from the Houston suburb said. For my money, I would probably jump onto an aftermarket system.

mmaturo
September 1st, 2009, 18:05
This service action only has an 18 month life. If your car has not failed yet, it surely will. If you aren't wanting to spend money onn an aftermarket system, I would surely get the new struts installed near the end of the availabity window, thus extending your time forward under the 12/12 warranty.

Agree. I went ahead and did mine anyway as i figured it would help other suspension issues. it didn't. I would wait for awhile. I would try to find the drop dead date though.

DHall1
September 1st, 2009, 18:07
As a member that had his RS6 repaired at Audi N Scottsdale.

I say give them a call and have it done. Marcus is the only RS6 tech touching the DRC replacements and his track record is 100%.

Folks,

Been reading about everyone's "new" DRC experience. Seems like it's hit-or-miss across the board.

I've owned mine since Oct '08 and 46k miles, and I've already played the transmission and right-front CV joint games to the tune of a couple grand.

Now I'm at about 53k miles, and I've just measured from center hub to fender arch all around--they're all approx 14.5", and I've never heard the dreaded 'clunk' or had any complaints with the suspension, knock on wood. I've had both DRC letters sitting on my desk for awhile now, and I'm wondering...

...do I move to update the DRC?

I live in Las Vegas, and I'd definitely drive to Scottsdale to have it done where Qisha says to have it done, probably coincident with the 55k service (side question: how much should the 55k service cost?).

What do you guys think?

PatriotRSX
September 2nd, 2009, 04:38
Fair enough. Thanks for the replies. If I find a drop-dead date for the update, I'll post it.

got boost
September 2nd, 2009, 11:14
I'm waiting. I just past 80k.

I thought the service is available till August 2011?

Yellow RS6
September 2nd, 2009, 14:04

+1, this is my plan. Too many issues with "new" DRC so far. I'll wait until either mine starts leaking (or clunking) or it gets near the end of the availability window. Or someone buys it.........

SAF
September 2nd, 2009, 14:28
I thought the service is available till August 2011?

My tech told me that he'd read a memo stating it was an 18 month window from Aug. '09 to Feb. 2011. Longer would certainly be nice.