PDA

View Full Version : traded in the rs6 today.....

DetailersDomain
September 1st, 2009, 04:45
got a 2010 Audi S4 for the wife, wanted her in something newer and more reliable....

DuckWingDuck
September 1st, 2009, 05:03
damn phil, your rs6 was beautiful too. hard choice to let it go I'm sure.

DHall1
September 1st, 2009, 05:58
Dude!

Didnt you put euro Recaro's in your car?

Arrrrgh, did you trade with the Recaro's in there?

got a 2010 Audi S4 for the wife, wanted her in something newer and more reliable....

DetailersDomain
September 1st, 2009, 12:18
Dude!

Didnt you put euro Recaro's in your car?

Arrrrgh, did you trade with the Recaro's in there?

everything went with the car, I weighed the options and I just cut my losses now I knew that a few things would be coming around the corner and I just couldn't deal with the car being on a lift

rle55
September 1st, 2009, 13:39
where did you trade it??? - let me know ok..

DetailersDomain
September 1st, 2009, 13:42
where did you trade it??? - let me know ok..

call up Jake Semon at Town Motors in Englewood, NJ

201-394-6083

rle55
September 1st, 2009, 14:30
Great! i'll call him later, hope its still there...are you good friends w/ him? maybe you can give him a heads up for me, btw, my brother lives in the Union nj area...are from around there? also, i might bring my '02 e55 for detailing, what's the process? - thanks again!

Ronnie

DetailersDomain
September 1st, 2009, 15:27
Ronnie,

Sure I'll call him now what's your last name...

I'm up in Bergen County.

Hit me up about the detail.

Avus-RS6
September 2nd, 2009, 00:26
call up Jake Semon at Town Motors in Englewood, NJ

201-394-6083

That's where I bought my RS6, then promptly drove it home to Wa state. They were great to deal with!

Jason

DetailersDomain
September 2nd, 2009, 03:08
That's where I bought my RS6, then promptly drove it home to Wa state. They were great to deal with!

Jason

Jason,

how have you been? I guess you still have your car :thumb:

Ruergard
September 2nd, 2009, 23:08
Sad to see this, that beast was beautiful. But hey, an S4 isn't bad either. ;)

Congratz on the new car!

kju
September 2nd, 2009, 23:12
please share a few photos of the RS6's (small) brother with us :D

DetailersDomain
September 2nd, 2009, 23:18
the main reason for trading the rs6 was the bills started outweighing the benefits, its the wife's daily I rather her have a brand new car with all the new tech stuff, warranty and road side just in case.

Too bad I spent about $5k in 2008/2009 fixing all the routine/wear and tear items...

someone will have a nice ride, I gave all the paper work for the car to the dealer...a nice stack.

pictures to come once my wife hands me the keys.

RS6-4dr911
September 3rd, 2009, 03:22
Went and drove a TT-S and an S5 yesterday back to back. I don't care what the numbers actually are, the TT-S is an absolute hoot to drive. Felt faster off the line than my RS6 and what a wonderful soundtrack to hear that thing going through the gears at full tilt. Upshifts are totally seductive with a "whoomp" between gears and oh how I wish our cars had automatic rev matching on downshifts. Handles far more nimbly of course. Because of the B pillar location, I felt like it was actually easier to get in and out of than either the S5 or mine.

The S5 felt more of the same character as the big RS, heavy, slower off the line, quiet, but probably a tick faster, not sure, really wouldn't care. Seriously, it's not like I make a living driving the thing at the track, I really want something that feels fast and is a blast to drive. It was way more entertaining than the RS6. Can you tell I was smitten?

I'm keeping my eye out for a TT-S in a year or two when it's time to say goodbye to the beast. (still drooling over a Cayman S or first year 997, many test drives left before deciding). Still love my car though.:addict:

930chas
September 5th, 2009, 18:14
Phil, I would have bought your car in a heartbeat!!!

rle55 did you buy it from town motors? I called Jake and he said they sold it the night it was traded in.

rle55
September 8th, 2009, 13:21
No, i was a day late..:-(