PDA

View Full Version : OCT tuning stg1 is stg2 chip necessary?

rmedy23
August 31st, 2009, 23:46
I have the OCT tuning chip stage 1 and mod are downpipes black sport exhaust dv's k&N drop ins.......
but do you think its necessary to pay more money to upgrade to stage 2 chip..... 1250..

DuckWingDuck
September 1st, 2009, 00:15
haha, isn't this more of a personal question? If you want more power then go for it, if stage 1 is enough then...

snoopra
September 1st, 2009, 00:58
Also, K&N filters are known to deposit micro oil droplets on the MAF's. You should consider getting a set of ITG's or going back to OEM (I did:)).

peiserg
September 1st, 2009, 01:35
kindly paypal me $50 for saving you $1250.

I have milltek race cats/exhaust and water injection. OCT "stage 1" chip which works great. I called and spoke directly to the US dist. (Bob of stratmosphere) and he told me unequivically there is no other setup available to the public.

I had CC in hand ready to pay, so i have no reason to doubt the veracity of that statement. I don't know why they even advertise the product, since there is no such thing.

DuckWingDuck
September 1st, 2009, 02:09
lol@peiserg

rmedy23
September 1st, 2009, 21:34
lol... i was just saying that stg 1 is 515hp AND STG2 IS 525HP....
not much difference for 1250,,,,, but thanks anyway....
anyone here have the OCT stg2 chip.....

rmedy23
September 1st, 2009, 21:42
kindly paypal me $50 for saving you $1250.

I have milltek race cats/exhaust and water injection. OCT "stage 1" chip which works great. I called and spoke directly to the US dist. (Bob of stratmosphere) and he told me unequivically there is no other setup available to the public.

I had CC in hand ready to pay, so i have no reason to doubt the veracity of that statement. I don't know why they even advertise the product, since there is no such thing.

Really hmmmmm! He didn't offer the chip? Or did he say it doesn't exist in the <ST1:pUSA

peiserg
September 1st, 2009, 22:37
whats the difference? not made, or not available. either way you can't have it. if you want more power you need to invest in other mfg's chipset. oct is the lowest rated typically. go for APR they supposedly give 526 hp on the 91 setting. before you do you should search under my name for my apr experiences, good and bad.

formula1man
September 1st, 2009, 23:21
Or...what I am doing is, as I have the downpipes and 100 cell cats (thought I have it cat-less currently), Dahlback intake ($399 craigs list), APR divertor valves, I am getting a MTM stage 2 (545Hp) for the beast ($2780) for the Beast. I also have to put in a 5 bar fuel pump and FPR, but those are cheap if you know where to look. Like Darkwing said, its really a matter of choice. I am waiting until the turbos leak for an excuse, alas I have but 42K on her.
Regards, Aaron.

rmedy23
September 2nd, 2009, 00:18
nice upgrades ..... they use the borsch 044 right... but what i noticed is that not everybody uses the fuel pump and 5 bar..... i wonder why ... less aggressive..tuning

formula1man
September 2nd, 2009, 17:43
Yep, it is the 5 bar Bosch 044. $190 and $88 for the FPR.

kwtrev
February 2nd, 2010, 23:05
are new injectors needed? How many HP can stock injectors put out before having too high a duty cycle?