PDA

View Full Version : lack of power/limp

ttrs6
August 31st, 2009, 04:40
Hey guys, I have a 2003 c5 Rs6 with an mtm ecu/tcu tune and the car is running limp. I used vag and there were codes for both maf's levels were too high. I have a boost gauge and boost seems fine 15-16. I installed new maf's and still have the same issues. Has anybody had similar problems? Any ideas on the fix?

DHall1
August 31st, 2009, 07:40
VagCom

Log block 115

Give us the results. Looking for actual and called for boost levels.

Hey guys, I have a 2003 c5 Rs6 with an mtm ecu/tcu tune and the car is running limp. I used vag and there were codes for both maf's levels were too high. I have a boost gauge and boost seems fine 15-16. I installed new maf's and still have the same issues. Has anybody had similar problems? Any ideas on the fix?

Shoppinit
September 1st, 2009, 08:22
Sounds like O2 sensors. Post the vagcom output if you want more precise answers.

ttrs6
September 3rd, 2009, 03:29
Ok guys thanx i will vag it tommorow.

hahnmgh63
September 3rd, 2009, 04:03
MAF's being too high is a common code for most all chipped cars. It just means the MAF's are flowing higher than expected airflow. That is not your problem, as mentioned, it must be something else. Logs will many times give you a lead to the problem but they can take some practice interpreting.

dmross
September 3rd, 2009, 12:49
Having the same problem with the C5 I just purchased. Full MTM setup but it feels like it's running on 1 turbo. Ordered a VAG-COM tool yesterday, hopefully I can find some answers.

I pulled the intake box from the motor last night and found a bunch of cracking/brittle vacuum hoses connecting the EGR & recirculating valves. I replaced them but the car is still gutless. I'm picking up a boost gauge from a friend this afternoon and if I have time tonight I'm going to see if I can check the wastegate vac lines.

Thankfully that PDF has provided a wonderful guide for a car I am not yet familiar with!

dmross
September 3rd, 2009, 22:44
Got the car inspected today for emissions testing and had them run a scan for me:

P1458-exhaust gas temp sensor 2 (G236) - short to ground, lower limit reached

Anyone know where I can find a new EGT sensor online? Also, after speaking with the seller today I discovered that the gas in the tank is 8 months old. I'm sure that isn't helping things! Time to cruise around for a while. :D

Sorry to hijack btw. ttrs6, any word on the VAGCOM logs?