PDA

View Full Version : Question for professional sprayers

gareth60
August 30th, 2009, 23:04
Hi all,

My RS6 seems to have suffered time a bit, not sure if it is the colour (blue) or it's just been a bit unloved.

I want to get some panels resprayed, namely bonnet, front and rear bumbers, wheel arches and maybe the boot (it has some annoying scratches).

I'm fussy, like most of us on this board and so want to make sure I get a decent job and therefore I want to do my part in prepairing it by removing items like lights, trim panels etc. I'm happy with doing this, but was wondering if I need to unbolt the front and rear bumpers to make sure the "joint" is not sprayed over. Does this make sense and do I need to? Is there anything else I should do?

Many thx
gareth

DonS
August 31st, 2009, 00:48
I highly recommend removing bumper covers for a paint job. You don't want to seal up the seam and, unless the entire car is elevated on a rack, its hard to evenly spray under a low bumper.

gareth60
August 31st, 2009, 09:22
Hmm, ok, thx for the advise.

The place i'd get my car sprayed is about 1 mile from where I live. Anyone know if it's easy enough to remove the bumper covers and ship them down separately or can they be "loosened" allowing them to easily remove them?

Thx

Benman
August 31st, 2009, 18:20
Gareth,

Any quality repair shop will remove all the neccessary parts for a proper respray. We are not talking about Maaco here. Just ask to see the written estimate. It will have a complete breakdown of what parts will be removed and reinstalled. Also, (at least in the USA), all quality shops offer a Lifetime Warranty on repairs. :cheers:

Ben:addict: