PDA

View Full Version : Audi R6?

Marlo
August 30th, 2009, 04:59
Is there any truth that the next gen Cayman/Boxster will spawn an Audi version and the Bluesport into a R4/Porsche 914?

Klint
August 30th, 2009, 12:24
Not entirely sure, but as far as I know Yamaha have the rights to the R6 name....

The Pretender
August 30th, 2009, 12:39
The next Gen Boxster is under development already.
The Next Gen Cayman will developed out of that.
I don't see any Audi Version out of that.

Also a Bluesport based Audi is most unlikely IMHO.

tailpipe
August 31st, 2009, 07:21
I heard a rumour a while back that the next TT would move to a rear engine layout. If this were to be the case then the Bluesport chassis might be a useful foundation.

The Bluesport chassis will obviously be applied to a variety of models to justify the investment. So while a VW roadster is definitely on the cards, there is also persistent talk of an entry level Porsche roadster, a successor to the old 914. I am not sure whether there is room in the market for 3 convertible Auto Union products that all look identical. But using the Bluesport chassis for a TT might make sense if it looked radically different.

I note that the Bluesport could also provide the basis for a true Beetle successor. Wouldn't that be great?

Whatever happens, I think the Bluesport is amazing and an entry level Porsche would be most welcome. it would make the perfect weekend enthusiast's car for old men like me.

The Pretender
August 31st, 2009, 15:30
I heard a rumour a while back that the next TT would move to a rear engine layout. If this were to be the case then the Bluesport chassis might be a useful foundation.
In that case i hope they use the R8 ASF for a mid engined TT.