PDA

View Full Version : drc replacement in so cal = junk again

ini
August 23rd, 2009, 16:02
Give us something better then the same shit again :)
i mean that in the nicest way possible.

Dalls is not alone......:( my local dealer called me last week i was second in line for the replacement....I have my best friend who works there and i was lucky enough to get in and out in 1 day...

jump forward to yesterday...
Went for a run up and over Ortega Highway which so cal people know as a long and twisty "test track" for bikes and cars.
The entire drive i was telling myself something was wrong...the car felt like a pogo stick...It was bouncing in and out of corners and darting through turns. I had someone following me and he even called and asked what was wrong...

there wasn't a loss of talent as we both have many years behind race cars...I told him the TT we race would rival this in the turns...and that has 30 inches of travel :)

jump forward to today (Sunday morning)
woke up and found a present from the Audi Devil on my drive way this morning
http://rs6.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=146

http://rs6.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=148

http://rs6.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=147

Audi tech geeks that read this board...

DEFECTIVE

MrBucket
August 23rd, 2009, 16:12
Pretty sure they know this already.

ini
August 23rd, 2009, 16:14
Pretty sure they know this already.

bucket i wish i could agree with you...
from the posts that ive read and now to my own
obviously not

dahbo
August 23rd, 2009, 16:21
Man that sucks. I was pissed about having gotten bilsteins on my car but now...i will live with the squeaks and rattles before i go back to the leaking shocks again. I was at a Mexican place here in Maryland and 8 service guys were sitting next to me from Audi of Rockville, i asked about how its going and they all laughed!!! :) they said the rs4 has the same issues and is having a recall as well.

ini
August 23rd, 2009, 16:38
ill trade squeaks and rattles all day for mess and oil
:)

DHall1
August 23rd, 2009, 21:01
Mine and others have been perfect for over 4 months.

Dallas had a failure other than the shock seal point.

Yours is yet to be determined.

Sorry you had a failure but lets wait and see what happened

SAF
August 24th, 2009, 02:54
My four previous DRC failures (old seal problem) never leaked fluid on the ground like that. I think you had a bad install.

JAXRS6
August 24th, 2009, 20:12
My four previous DRC failures (old seal problem) never leaked fluid on the ground like that. I think you had a bad install.

Bad install makes sense. The fact that some US dealers know what they're doing with DRC repairs, and some don't, was a frequent topic for several years at audiworld's RS 6 forum before it went virtually bust.

I was lucky, sort of, having all three of my DRC failures in Florida, where Suncoast in Sarasota knew what they were doing & successfully repaired several other RS 6s too. I got about 20K miles of happy driving between my repairs. But I also read about, and at Daytona last December talked to, several owners whose fixes lasted only days rather than months. For a long time, the need to replace the central accumulator valve was not honored by all dealers, and therein was the problem IMO -- at least a year or two ago. Whether they're using the new tool properly, or at all, or whether it always works, are new questions I can't answer.

Aronis
August 24th, 2009, 21:25
Sorry to hear about your problem.

I had my DRC 'repaired' three years ago (one of the first to fail in the US) and it took 3 months to get it to "OK" but it was never like new. I found it to be too soft. So I dealt with it until the recall came along.

I had my system replaced last week. They recharge the central valves (if needed I guess) and replace four shocks with 'newly' designed ones, but I have not noticed any change in handling yet. I have not had time to find a challenging run, and NYState cops are everywhere trying to get more tax revenue from drivers.

I did have them replace all the wearable parts ($1700) so that was worthwhile. The slow speed turn groan appears to be gone, just replaced normal wear-and-tear parts.

I was hoping the suspension would be back to like new! The car still is too easy to bounce. I am beginning to doubt my own recollection of how the suspension was when new, but I know it was at least as stiff as an S4? NO???

Oh well, 90,000 miles, now at least the entire suspension is covered for 12 mo/12,000 miles LOL.

I'll keep looking at these posts to see if anyone actually gets their car back to 100%.

Mike

ben916
August 24th, 2009, 23:48
um, Ortega Highway is rather scary with the absence of guardrails at the top and LOTS of skid marks (both on the highway and in yer pants) from that road!

Definitely NOT a beginner's road and all bits must be in proper working order.

Sorry to hear that your DRC is $hite again...

DuckWingDuck
August 25th, 2009, 05:00
last time I went out to visit Ben in Temecula on the way home I went through Ortega and was three or four cars behind a car/motorcycle fatality. Ortega can be very dangerous