PDA

View Full Version : anyone thinking of warranty extension

peiserg
August 20th, 2009, 22:38
just off the phone with audi. They will add 6 MORE years to my existing warranty (72000 add'l) with $50 deductible for $4900.

No brainer to me. Keeps me in this car for 6 more years vs. springing for CTSV for 70k.

WIfe owes me a BJ i think.

Spidercat
August 21st, 2009, 01:00
Did you call AoA? Fidelity? That sounds like something I should get in on pronto.

DHall1
August 21st, 2009, 01:09
call local audi dealer.

dont fall for any other plan other than Audi/Fidelity

IMHO

mmaturo
August 21st, 2009, 07:23
just off the phone with audi. They will add 6 MORE years to my existing warranty (72000 add'l) with $50 deductible for $4900.

No brainer to me. Keeps me in this car for 6 more years vs. springing for CTSV for 70k.

WIfe owes me a BJ i think.

Details...who to call and how many miles were on your car?

s42ski
August 22nd, 2009, 05:49
And who is your dealer? - I got one quote here in LALA land for 6900 for 5 years :vgrumpy:

Seems the stealers are at it again.

My car has 58k miles so it is not high mileage.

DHall1
August 22nd, 2009, 05:54
He has approx 40k on his car.

Details...who to call and how many miles were on your car?

DHall1
August 22nd, 2009, 05:56
Try

Audi N Scottsdale in AZ

McDonald Audi in Denver

Your price seems alittle steep. You may opt for a 4/48 Gold plus plan. Gold plus covers all the needed $$ items.

And who is your dealer? - I got one quote here in LALA land for 6900 for 5 years :vgrumpy:

Seems the stealers are at it again.

My car has 58k miles so it is not high mileage.

peiserg
August 25th, 2009, 00:05
just for shits i called the other audi dealer here in town... they have the exact same 72k 6yr ext platinum warranty $50 deductible for $600 less. Already busted out the CC and paid for it.

Now i get credit on the 1/3 remaining on my original ext. platinum fidelity warranty...

wooty woot woot!

mmaturo
August 25th, 2009, 00:33
just for shits i called the other audi dealer here in town... they have the exact same 72k 6yr ext platinum warranty $50 deductible for $600 less. Already busted out the CC and paid for it.

Now i get credit on the 1/3 remaining on my original ext. platinum fidelity warranty...

wooty woot woot!

Which dealership?

DHall1
August 25th, 2009, 04:20
My lunch free tickets are mounting.

Any more and you will need to put me to sleep.

:incar: Here is to 6 more years with the beast. :cheers:

wooty woot woot!

KCRS6
August 25th, 2009, 19:04
My local dealer in Kansas City does not work with Fidelity, but with a local company. which does not provide extended warranties on cars older than 2006 models (in another thread i incorrectly stated that my local dealer limitation was mileage). I called Continental Audi in Chicago where I purchased the car. They have the Fidelity warranty, but it requires a hands on inspection. Is there a way to do this directly through AoA and/or Fidelity? I have had no luck researching this online.

DHall1
August 25th, 2009, 22:07
Start calling Audi dealers closer to you. You will find one that does it and even if you need to drive 100 miles or more...its worth it to get the Fidelity plan. IMHO

My local dealer in Kansas City does not work with Fidelity, but with a local company. which does not provide extended warranties on cars older than 2006 models (in another thread i incorrectly stated that my local dealer limitation was mileage). I called Continental Audi in Chicago where I purchased the car. They have the Fidelity warranty, but it requires a hands on inspection. Is there a way to do this directly through AoA and/or Fidelity? I have had no luck researching this online.

peiserg
August 26th, 2009, 00:14
chandler Audi. in arizona.

i also am still under an existing warranty, if that matters. No inspection.. maybe because i am still under the fidelity.

Spidercat
September 17th, 2009, 22:25
Just extended my warranty. Went with McDonald Audi in Denver. They seem to have their act togther. Thanks DHall! Everybody else either wanted WAY too much or kept wasting my time with their obvious lack of knowledge of their own policies.

The best I could do with my car was 5 yr/60,000 Gold plus w/$50 deduct for $5275. This adds to my current mileage (52k) from today's date. My previous gold plus plan was due to expire in June 2011 or 82k miles. So this takes me to Sept 2014 or 112k miles. I was hoping for 2016 or 142K.

The actual contract makes it clear that the coverage is not additive to my previous coverage (even though it's the same plan). I was told by different dealers that it IS additive, but could not get this in writing. I was also told that the actual terms of the fidelity warranty contracts do not change from dealer to dealer.

Does anyone's contract actually say that it's 5/60 (or 6/72) ADDED to the expiration of your current warranty (versus 5/60 or 6/72 starting from the purchase date of the extension)?

DuckWingDuck
September 17th, 2009, 22:59
damn, only 52k and they wanted 5275??? Craziness....

s42ski
September 17th, 2009, 23:54
Sounds about right from my perspective - I paid 5100 for 5 years $100 deductible. I have 57K right now ( and holding until the DRC is fixed correctly )

Spidercat
September 18th, 2009, 06:51
That's good. I feel that I haven't TOTALLY missed the boat, then.
I was having second thoughts when I did the math again ($2800 for aftermarket warranty after original ran out, plus this $5200 is over $8K for in essence 7/70 (or thereabouts) from when the original ran out.
Then I remembered how much I would have spent just on the TC alone and just smiled.

DHall1
September 18th, 2009, 07:08
It is a small world my friend.

McDonald Audi is where I purchased my extension. Good folks, good service and good body shop. Top notch.

All Fidelity/Audi policies start from the day you purchase.

If you add a new policy. Then refund the old policy for the unused portion.

The above is fact not fiction.

Just extended my warranty. Went with McDonald Audi in Denver. They seem to have their act togther. Thanks DHall! Everybody else either wanted WAY too much or kept wasting my time with their obvious lack of knowledge of their own policies.

The best I could do with my car was 5 yr/60,000 Gold plus w/$50 deduct for $5275. This adds to my current mileage (52k) from today's date. My previous gold plus plan was due to expire in June 2011 or 82k miles. So this takes me to Sept 2014 or 112k miles. I was hoping for 2016 or 142K.

The actual contract makes it clear that the coverage is not additive to my previous coverage (even though it's the same plan). I was told by different dealers that it IS additive, but could not get this in writing. I was also told that the actual terms of the fidelity warranty contracts do not change from dealer to dealer.

Does anyone's contract actually say that it's 5/60 (or 6/72) ADDED to the expiration of your current warranty (versus 5/60 or 6/72 starting from the purchase date of the extension)?

Hy Octane
September 18th, 2009, 16:58
For those in The California area, check into Total Shield by Prism.. This policy covers everything from bumper to bumper with a $50 deductable as well as paying full labor costs, something that Audis Platinum dosent do.