PDA

View Full Version : Securing Odyssey 925t

AndrewNC
August 19th, 2009, 20:20
I picked up one of these batteries and I'm having a tough time mounting it securely. I relocated the negative terminal to the post and turned the battery terminals to face the front of the car, as this was the only way I could get enough slack to even get the positive side connected (do I have a shorter positive cable?). I'm not seeing how any of the factory brackets would be useful in securing the battery at this point and I don't see how I would ever pass a tech inspect without having a strap/bracket made. Could someone please post a photo of their installation?

thanks,
Andrew

hahnmgh63
August 19th, 2009, 21:36
For me the 925 fit right in place of the stock batter. I had to bend the hold down slightly in a vice otherwise it would have been too tight. I had to bend the hold down to about a 45' angle and it worked fine. You don't want the hold down doing too much of a sharp pressure on the side of the case as it could cause damage to the plates inside. I have found that the 925 doesn't hold a charge for more than about 3~4 weeks of the car sitting (too much parasitic losses) so if the car sits a lot a .25~.75 amp trickle charge may be in order. It does weight about 39#'s lesss than the stock battery though.

AndrewNC
August 21st, 2009, 22:01
Do you mind posting a photo? I'm beginning to wonder if my positive terminal is much shorter than most.

thanks,
Andrew

For me the 925 fit right in place of the stock batter. I had to bend the hold down slightly in a vice otherwise it would have been too tight. I had to bend the hold down to about a 45' angle and it worked fine. You don't want the hold down doing too much of a sharp pressure on the side of the case as it could cause damage to the plates inside. I have found that the 925 doesn't hold a charge for more than about 3~4 weeks of the car sitting (too much parasitic losses) so if the car sits a lot a .25~.75 amp trickle charge may be in order. It does weight about 39#'s lesss than the stock battery though.

dahbo
August 23rd, 2009, 16:16
I wish i knew about this replacement. mine died along with my alternator, had the alternator rebuilt left the shop and the car died. somehow AAA had a battery for my car for 130 dollars so i purchased it on the spot. it has been ok. i wish i could have placed a lighter battery but im too lazy to research stuff like this anymore.:doh:

hahnmgh63
August 24th, 2009, 01:33
Here are a couple of photos Andrew. I may have actually used a Porsche 944 or 911 hold down plate that I have. Here are some pics, you should be able to blow them up a little to see individual parts better.

AndrewNC
September 19th, 2009, 06:09
I think Hans and Franz were trying to save some copper the day my car was buit, as my cable is very short.

snoopra
September 20th, 2009, 05:56
You POS cable seems to have been repaired or terminal replaced, hense shortened.

DuckWingDuck
September 21st, 2009, 02:58
lol@snoopra. Tell 'em how you really feel player ;)