PDA

View Full Version : wheel size/offset selection... confused

xpl0sive
August 19th, 2009, 19:36
hey guys, just looking to buy another set of wheels... i'm mainly looking to do a 19x9.5 all around, but the offsets are confusing me... do i need a higher or a lower offset? car at first i was thinking about doing the OEM RS4 wheels, which are 19x9 with a 29 offset. but looking at the prices, kinda decided against that... now i found some other wheels i like, and they come in a variety of sizes and offsets... the 19x9.5 wheels come in either a 22, 30 or a 45 offset... all i want is for the wheel to be flush with my fender, all the wheels i've had before were sucked in too much and made having the wide fenders useless. so now i want to use the extra space i have and get some properly sized wheels... any help would be greatly appreciated.

DHall1
August 19th, 2009, 20:50
9.5 width needs a 30 backspace.

See below. It gets no better. 19x9.5 with 30mm backspace

hey guys, just looking to buy another set of wheels... i'm mainly looking to do a 19x9.5 all around, but the offsets are confusing me... do i need a higher or a lower offset? car at first i was thinking about doing the OEM RS4 wheels, which are 19x9 with a 29 offset. but looking at the prices, kinda decided against that... now i found some other wheels i like, and they come in a variety of sizes and offsets... the 19x9.5 wheels come in either a 22, 30 or a 45 offset... all i want is for the wheel to be flush with my fender, all the wheels i've had before were sucked in too much and made having the wide fenders useless. so now i want to use the extra space i have and get some properly sized wheels... any help would be greatly appreciated.

xpl0sive
August 19th, 2009, 21:21
hmm what size tires on that? is that car lowered? my car's on H&R coils, so i need to make sure i'm not rubbing either... but ET 30 seems like a proper choice...