PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a jacked up rear after DRC!! Pic attached

GBG
August 18th, 2009, 01:03
This is an embarrassment! My Dealer tells me the rear will settle... yeah, if a piano falls on the back of my car.

Can someone give me the name of an Audi dealership (or independant shop) who used the new tool and installed a new DRC CORRECTLY!!! I need to have my guy call him and get schooled. Thanks. GBG

DHall1
August 18th, 2009, 01:53
Is there no end. There is air in your lines. Your car will never settle in a 100 years. The staff at the dealer are idiots for even making that excuse. Call Audi

My god these people are idiots.

Call AoA and ask for the RS6 staff. Give them your best wishes.

Then call Audi of Scottsdale Az. They have completed the DRC with the new tool on 2 cars from this group and 100% at spec. Zero problems.

What are your front and rear measurements?

From the hub/wheel center to the wheel arch.

V8weight
August 18th, 2009, 01:54
I've heard rumors, but never seen one in real life until now. The 4.2tt Allroad sedan:vhmmm:

DHall1
August 18th, 2009, 01:58
:w::w:

This is me on the phone with Audi after a repair such as the one above.

:w:

This is me after cooling off from the above call to Audi.

:incar:

This is me with the shotgun in the back seat driving down to the dealer.

:nono:

SAF
August 18th, 2009, 02:03
Are those 14" wheels?

V8weight
August 18th, 2009, 02:04
This is me when my service advisor called to tell me that they had all of the parts in stock to carry out the recall on my car and tried to schedule an appointment,
:harass::bye2:

hahnmgh63
August 18th, 2009, 02:22
Ok, so here are two pics of my car on the left side. The right side sits 1/8" higher than the left. 15" from center of the wheel cap to the flare on the left and 15 1/8" on the right.

GBG
August 18th, 2009, 04:25
Is there no end. There is air in your lines. Your car will never settle in a 100 years. The staff at the dealer are idiots for even making that excuse. Call Audi

My god these people are idiots.

Call AoA and ask for the RS6 staff. Give them your best wishes.

Then call Audi of Scottsdale Az. They have completed the DRC with the new tool on 2 cars from this group and 100% at spec. Zero problems.

What are your front and rear measurements?

From the hub/wheel center to the wheel arch.

Thanks DHall. I'm going to ask my independent shop to call Audi North Scottsdale for quick tutorial in DRC install. :0:

DHall1
August 18th, 2009, 04:57
This is just plain wrong.

If you guys want to shoot me an email. I will give you the name and number of the AoA manager in Detroit.

You need to call him. Show him those pictures and get the ball rolling. He will personally call the dealer and talk to the service manager and get all staff educated.

This has to stop now.

dhall1@vzw.blackberry.net

Ok, so here are two pics of my car on the left side. The right side sits 1/8" higher than the left. 15" from center of the wheel cap to the flare on the left and 15 1/8" on the right.

DALLAS_RS6
August 18th, 2009, 05:11
I thought I had problems!

DHall1
August 18th, 2009, 05:20
Dallas,

Did you find the old strut housings yet?

I thought I had problems!

Avus-RS6
August 18th, 2009, 06:37

That's what my car looked like too! Obviously they don't know how to do it correctly.

Jason

SAF
August 18th, 2009, 06:45

Man, that is rediculous!

DHall1
August 18th, 2009, 06:52
To each and all.

Have your Audi dealer call Scottsdale Audi and get the tech on the phone that knows WTF he is dong.

Marcus is the only tech at that dealership that touches the DRC repairs. Marcus did a fantastic job on my car (3months and counting) and Peiserg's car from this forum.

I will go out of my way to take my car back to Audi Scottsdale if and when I need other repairs. They were fantastic to deal with. Thanks for the heads up on that Gerry.

That's what my car looked like too! Obviously they don't know how to do it correctly.

Jason

DALLAS_RS6
August 18th, 2009, 16:07
Dallas,

Did you find the old strut housings yet?

There gone. I'm looking into just getting a Stasis or KW setup. Any opinions?

Hy Octane
August 18th, 2009, 21:11
This is an embarrassment! My Dealer tells me the rear will settle... yeah, if a piano falls on the back of my car.

Can someone give me the name of an Audi dealership (or independant shop) who used the new tool and installed a new DRC CORRECTLY!!! I need to have my guy call him and get schooled. Thanks. GBG

Hi all..
I just got back from seeing/driving in a freshly repaired DRC RS6 at my usual dealers. I had called the SA with all these reports of new DRC fixes leaving the ride height inches too high. He invited me down to see the 6th one they have done with the new system and I can verify that they way they are doing it there is correct and the gap is the same as mine is now pre fix.. It is not too high and the ride was ok altho it will firm up a little more over the next few weeks. If you are concerned about getting a bad fix and are in the Los Angeles area, go to Beverly Hills Audi and ask for Tim in service.

Dogsoldier
August 18th, 2009, 22:49
Ditto from me on BH Audi. Great job on mine and Tim is terrific to deal with.

mmaturo
August 19th, 2009, 03:32
I just picked up my car today from Continental Audi in Naperville, IL and mine appears to be fine. I measured before and after and the difference is only 1/16" to maybe an 1/8" higher in the rear than it was. I measured 4" in the front from my arch to the edge of my 19" rim and 4 1/2" in the rear...now its the same in the front and almost 4 5/8" in the rear. Feels the same so far (commute home) as I had a fresh DRC fix in the car when i took it in to get the new shocks. All four shocks replaced.