PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Warranty Question-- CNA National

GBG
August 15th, 2009, 21:59
Great Board. I've been reading (not posting) and have learned a ton. thanks guys. :cheers:

Question: I recently purchased an RS6 with 48k miles. :R8kiss: Along with the car, I bought a 4 yr/48k mi after market warranty with a company called CNA National (http://www.cnanational.com/company.htm). I purchased the car and the warranty thru an Audi dealership, i.e., I paid Audi for the warranty and they paid CNA, so I now have a contractual relationship with CNA. The CNA service contract is in my hands. My local Audi dealership (New Country in Ct.) accepts CNA, as does my independent shop near me, so CNA appears to be well regarded and widely accepted, which is why I went for it. My car is now covered under the CNA warranty until 2013 or 96k miles. :applause: It wasn't cheap, but now I sleep much better at night. :)

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with CNA? In particular, has anyone with a chipped/flashed car ever submitted a claim to CNA for repair work? The language of the warranty is not clear as to whether a flash would impact the warranty, but common sense says that it might. My car is NOT chipped... yet. ;) Any experience? Thanks.

GBG :bye:

peiserg
August 16th, 2009, 05:06
i would not advise telling the SA that your car is chipped, unless you have a good relationship with him/her. ALthough.... truthfully.. i don't know if it matters... the audi dealership gets paid to do work... and the more work they can squeeze from CNA, the more money they make.. so it's in their best interest to keep the mouth shut.

my SA knows about my chip/DP's/exhaust/water injection setup and has never said a word... i made a point of telling him i want him to take out the car for a spin to enjoy it while he has it. I then gave him a ride in my 500hp nsx (blower/methanol). I need him to smile every time he sees me.... and he's only human...

GBG
August 16th, 2009, 14:09
Thanks, that makes sense and I agree re: my SA. My concern is with CNA, not my SA. I was thinking-- I'm probably just over-paranoid-- that CNA may send an adjuster to look at the car (assuming the repair claim were large enough) and the adjuster may read the ECU and discover the flash. I'm probably giving CNA adjusters way too much credit...

DHall1
August 16th, 2009, 17:04
Just dont go with a hardboard chip install.

Its very easy to pull the ECU and pop the cover to see a chip.

Reflash is much more difficult to ID.

Thanks, that makes sense and I agree re: my SA. My concern is with CNA, not my SA. I was thinking-- I'm probably just over-paranoid-- that CNA may send an adjuster to look at the car (assuming the repair claim were large enough) and the adjuster may read the ECU and discover the flash. I'm probably giving CNA adjusters way too much credit...

GBG
August 16th, 2009, 20:44
Understood. Thanks :thumb: