PDA

View Full Version : ok so is it time yet. 2003 rs6 vs 2010 s4

DetailersDomain
August 14th, 2009, 17:21
I have the 2010 s4 reserved for the wifey.

now would you trade off her 03 RS6 for it to get a newer car?

what do you think, I know it doesn't compare but just wondering..

info on the rs6....

72k miles
timing belt done
euro interior (blk/blk alcantara)
rsn-e
oem bt
new tires
valve cover replaced
cam tensioners replaced
frt brakes replaced
pss9's
h sports
milltek cat back
dv
etc

What would you do?

Tony Lam
August 14th, 2009, 17:58
if i were u i will wait for the new RS5 or may be u can think about the C63 AMG too, it's a fun car to drive..... what do u think? and i think the new S4 is.....just under power....don't u think so?!

DetailersDomain
August 14th, 2009, 18:31
if i were u i will wait for the new RS5 or may be u can think about the C63 AMG too, it's a fun car to drive..... what do u think? and i think the new S4 is.....just under power....don't u think so?!

yup it is but with the mtm chip it gets you to 431 crank..not bad.

the wife does not like the c63 and we would prefer awd.

xpl0sive
August 14th, 2009, 19:24
oh man i want your interior... but if youre looking for a replacement rs6 style car, maybe the new CTS-V? lots of power and luxury, just not AWD. but can be had in a 6-spd... sounds like a fun car to me.

DetailersDomain
August 14th, 2009, 19:26
nah she wants an audi the funny thing is she asked me to import the new 09 RS6 wagon...gotta love her.

mmaturo
August 14th, 2009, 20:46
I would wait for the RS5 or if ok with the A4 size body a used 08 RS4 for the same money...even better a RS4 cabrio. I don't see the S4 as a worthy replacement for the RS6. I was going to do an S5 as has more room (for me driving) as i do not need 4 doors. I would see what a lightly used S6 goes for also if in the 50s range.

So to me RS5, S5, S5 cabrio, S6 1 to 2 years old, S8 2 years old, RS4 cabrio, would be my only choices in order

DetailersDomain
August 14th, 2009, 20:52
I would wait for the RS5 or if ok with the A4 size body a used 08 RS4 for the same money...even better a RS4 cabrio. I don't see the S4 as a worthy replacement for the RS6. I was going to do an S5 as has more room (for me driving) as i do not need 4 doors. I would see what a lightly used S6 goes for also if in the 50s range.

So to me RS5, S5, S5 cabrio, S6 1 to 2 years old, S8 2 years old, RS4 cabrio, would be my only choices in order

really, well I just got an 08 R32 and drove it for about a month that will go, but the RS6 well I'm not sure yet.

As far as speed I do have a p car and I'm going to stick with that as I feel I like the 911 better than the S5....

The rs4 I'm not sure yet from what I read and what my buddies say that have drove it an s4 with the sport dif is the way to go.

its crazy but I can also throw into the mix I have found an old school 500e/e500 that I'm really interested in.....

mmaturo
August 14th, 2009, 21:04
Yep I'm combining all in one car as its just me.

911 and S5 very different of course... i'm leaning towards the RS5 if it ever comes for a daily driver for me and then something for the track/auto-x... used Cayman, 911, TT modified or TT-RS if it would come.

Honestly i'm not a fan of the RS4 simply because i do not fit well in a 'b' size 4 door car...I hate my head right next to the B pillar. I'm also tall so i tend to hit my head on the headliner a lot...say the last 09 loaner i had over any decent bump in the road. My old MK1 TT had more room for my big head.